Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahulkapoor

Sierra Wireless Card

Well, yes, so there is a difference right ! I've tried using R-Connect with Sierra Wireless data card on my laptop at different locations and using different handsets with original data cable too. But the 'experience' have been better *always* (atleast for me!) whenever I tried it along with handset-data cable combination !

me too.... and well I guess even Annish will vouch for the sierra card

NO guess ... contact our dear dumb friends at CC.... or ravi (from ww Dharavi :blink: )

Cheers

Ashok

Edited by ashoksoft

To whom u talking ashok?? :confuse:

Even me waiting for some discounts, heard they gonna launch D-Link Data card for 6k.

ill be their first customer for tht.

Wow.. thats interesting news and I haven't seen it anywhere else. Any clue on its release dates or any URL regarding its announcements ?

Even me waiting for some discounts, heard they gonna launch D-Link Data card for 6k.

ill be their first customer for tht.

45415[/snapback]

Hi friends can u make me clear that does Sieera card (or any other reliance data card) support MMS, and can we send sms to multiple recepients.

SMS - yes ...

MMS - Not unless u have plans to use the MMS site

Cheers

Ashok

Hi All

Thanks for the replies re: Data card vs Data cable with Mobile. Can anyone tell me what is the speed difference between the two? I purchased a data cable, it works fine, gives me speeds of 115 kbps (so it says on the rconnect application) and performance is quite good.

a) What is the speed you get with the wireless data card

b ) I have seen some posts that with some hack/tweak you can get the datacable+ phone to work at almost double speed 230 kbps. But the procedure to do this seemed quite complex, involved registry tweaking etc.. Has anyone tried this and has a procedure that can be shared with all of us to try out?

Thanks- Peter :clap:

a) It is the same speed for both the data card technically, but practically the data card has proved to be more efficient in giving better speeds.

b ) The procedure may or may not work depending upon your handset and the type of data cable. I guess the procedure was already mentioned in the related topic, even though it could be complex for newbies.

SMS - yes ...

MMS - Not unless u have plans to use the MMS site

Hi Ashok i dont understand the thing. what are the plans u r talking about? Is reliance offers some plans for MMS site? from where i can get the details? It means that i can use mms from site using sieera card.

not exactly... for eg. if u have 9322611111 as ur number then, if u RECEIVE an MMS (and if ur number is on a Sierra) u will get a link with a code to view it on the MMS site! nothing else

Cheers

Ashok

Headed to the nearest web world in mumbai and was told the cards have not been available in mumbai for the last one month!! Any headsup on what can be done folks ?

it means that i can view the mms through site which is in the case of all handsets which doesnt have MMS. but i want to send mms and according it is not possible.

Thanks

Called up reliance and they said they will be introducing an LG card soon.. And the Sierra Wireless won't be available any longer :)

Damn, I hate LG

Any ETA on this ?

Called up reliance and they said they will be introducing an LG card soon.. And the Sierra Wireless won't be available any longer :P

Damn, I hate LG

46634[/snapback]

But I love LG :P We have LG TV LG 2030 Handset, At first I had LG Monitor. All LG stuff worked well for me. :P When they are lunching LG Card.? I got a new HP NC4000 Laptop. At first I was surfing net through RD2030 on my desktop. If I give up my Mobile and take card how much extra they charge? And bill is Only Rs 1500 (For unlimited) or plus tax? Please help, or any recommendations. :help:

Maybe somebody from another city could call up to confirm this? I would really like to get myself a Sierra Wireless.

It is not in at DAKC wala web world... usually they have it all ..

Cheers

Ashok

@deadman!

LG as company is Good one but its service is wrost one. may be u never faced this situation. So u r taking their side.

Cool and Enjoy!

But I love LG :rolleyes: We have LG TV LG 2030 Handset, At first I had LG Monitor. All LG stuff worked well for me. :(   When they are lunching LG Card.? I got a new HP NC4000 Laptop. At first I was surfing net through RD2030 on my desktop. If I give up my Mobile and take card how much extra they charge? And bill is Only Rs 1500  (For unlimited) or plus tax? Please help, or any recommendations.  :rolleyes:

46857[/snapback]

There is no news about launching of this card. So no one know how much it cost for u. Regarding bill of 1500 plan, it will be 1500 + 10.2% taxes. Give ur basic requirement and main time of surfing, then we can provide some help to u!

Thanks and Take Care!

Hello Friends,

Sierra is over now.. whats next? guess :rolleyes: G-Tran :(

yeah G-Tran card is coming soon.. with same tarrif plans and price of card is less than 10K.

Regards,

Hunt3r

There is no news about launching of this card. So no one know how much it cost for u. Regarding bill of 1500 plan, it will be 1500 + 10.2% taxes. Give ur basic requirement and main time of surfing, then we can provide some help to u!

Thanks and Take Care!

46938[/snapback]

Thanks Raj. I like unlimited plan. I thought there is some voice charges. If I give up my rim (which i'm using for rconnect since last 2 years) and take card then they charge 1000 bucks? :rolleyes: as it's not 3 year. Or how about if I change it to prepaid and close the connection.? :(

@Deadman!

Are u a DAPO customer. Please clarify.

If I give up my rim (which i'm using for rconnect since last 2 years) and take card then they charge 1000 bucks?
Who charge, and in exchange what they give to u?
how about if I change it to prepaid and close the connection.?

why u want to change to prepaid?

Please specify your details, so we can provide some help in this regard.

Keep posting at RIMWEB.

Thanks and Take Care!