Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

While making call did the network stay or goes blank.

Some times it stays...some times goesl blank...i am pretty sure its something related to software...may be baseband , efs partition or some thing else...IMEI is intact....please help me...

Is it required to change all 5 lines in build.prop ? hanging SPR to spr also worked so does other 4 lines gives something extra ?

I suggest you follow the thread and do it step by step. The person has done it & has no issues.

HI, currently I am using my G2 with MTS OMH and planning to switch to reliance (MNP) purley because of better plan .. should I go ahead and just request for OMH SIM to have full functional data (HSD) and voice or do I need to do something special (like MEID registration etc.) ... please guide .. thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI, currently I am using my G2 with MTS OMH and planning to switch to reliance (MNP) purley because of better plan .. should I go ahead and just request for OMH SIM to have full functional data (HSD) and voice or do I need to do something special (like MEID registration etc.) ... please guide .. thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get new sim from reliance (after MNP), and pop it in, it should work without any tweak.

You might have to send SMS to activate HSD.

Sent from my Falcon_CDMA (Moto G)

I am able to do 3way conferencing on my g2

Dont use Merge Call

Just save a Contact wirh no 3

& while Conference just go to Contact & dial that

• Like 2

Just an info for all the guys here facing the touchscreen issues on g2. I ordered a ls980 screen and digitizer set but the seller sent me a d800 combo. And it WORKED!! I replaced it on my sprint g2 and now the touchscreen is back to normal.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can some one from ZVD please upload

/system/lib/libAppdatasearch.so

as I need the file, ZVE OTA is failing due to above file. please upload.

Gsm unlock is there for ZVC. Rest all points are correct

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I said that if you update using the .tot file method, you'll return to bone stock ZVC, thereby loosing unlock and the GSM unlocking method is not confirmed in that case. It was mentioned by none other than the creator of GSM unlock method himself in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580613&postcount=298

and here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51581360&postcount=300

However, since rooting is possible for ZVC, whether pushing the property folder in a bone stock rooted ZVC device makes it unlocked for GSM or not remains to be tested as of now.

There is a clean GSM unlock for those who who have used the ZVC.tot & this works for those who have received KK4.4.2 via OTA.

Will post a tutorial soon.

I am attempting to figure this out. I am stock and I am rooted and attempted to the build prop edit way to unlock the g2, as I did the other day and it worked flawlessly, but this is my next attempt on a different phone. I did everything the exact same way and I can not pick up a signal. I believe the IMEI may be bad. Would that prevent me from being able to use any of these methods?

If its a bad ESN it won't work in US as all Operators will be notified.

Ok so I flashed ZVC .tot & followed the GSM unlock method, pushed carrier folder that's it.

GSM is working but whenever I end a call I am getting "com.android.phone" process has stopped working msg.

This is I am getting after ending any call, also due to this call logs are not getting saved.

What should I do ? As per Vinod Sir, there is a clean GSM unlock method for bone ZVC ? Please help.

I guess last option is to flash back .ZV8 then follow traditional unlock method & take OTA till ZVE !!!

Gimme time till evening I will post clean GSM unlock for ZVD, CDMA Will work but no data for now.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Gsm unlock is there for ZVC. Rest all points are correct

I said that if you update using the .tot file method, you'll return to bone stock ZVC, thereby loosing unlock and the GSM unlocking method is not confirmed in that case. It was mentioned by none other than the creator of GSM unlock method himself in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580613&postcount=298

and here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51581360&postcount=300

However, since rooting is possible for ZVC, whether pushing the property folder in a bone stock rooted ZVC device makes it unlocked for GSM or not remains to be tested as of now.

There is a clean GSM unlock for those who who have used the ZVC.tot & this works for those who have received KK4.4.2 via OTA.

Will post a tutorial soon.

I am attempting to figure this out. I am stock and I am rooted and attempted to the build prop edit way to unlock the g2, as I did the other day and it worked flawlessly, but this is my next attempt on a different phone. I did everything the exact same way and I can not pick up a signal. I believe the IMEI may be bad. Would that prevent me from being able to use any of these methods?

If its a bad ESN it won't work in US as all Operators will be notified.

Ok so I flashed ZVC .tot & followed the GSM unlock method, pushed carrier folder that's it.

GSM is working but whenever I end a call I am getting "com.android.phone" process has stopped working msg.

This is I am getting after ending any call, also due to this call logs are not getting saved.

What should I do ? As per Vinod Sir, there is a clean GSM unlock method for bone ZVC ? Please help.

I guess last option is to flash back .ZV8 then follow traditional unlock method & take OTA till ZVE !!!

change

ro.carrier=spr

ro.build.target_operator=spr

persist.service.crash.enable=1

as per @vinod Nayak post . Thats what i did as was facing same issue .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49945052#post49945052

GSM Clean Unlock with Wi-FI Tether for ZVD

Backup all the files you want from the phone as this requires a complete stock state.

Flash ZVD using LG Flash tool, or ZVC if you dont happen to have ZVD, and let the phone update to ZVD,

Please do not update the phone to ZVE as the update only improves performance for SPRINT customers and

we have not use of that update.

Change mode to RUIM.Pref using DFS

Root the phone using the ioroot from here.

Once rooted install Root Explorer.

Download carrier.rar it and copy the carrier.rar to your phones sd card.

Install Rar on to your phone and unrar the carrier folder, do not go inside the folder and extract, make sure you extract the whole carrier

folder, now run Root Explorer and copy the extracted carrier folder and paste it in root of the phone, it will prompt you that the file system

is read only, do you wish to change mode to read and write, select yes and proceed, it will again prompt you if you want the carrier folder

to be replaced, select yes, once copied change permission of the carrier folder as shown below in the pic.

post-81420-0-73592700-1415380203_thumb.p

Delete telephony.db file from /data/data/com.adroid.settings.telephony/database/"telephony.db" --> this file.

reboot your phone.

Install Rom Toolbox Lite and use the build.prop editor and search ro.build.target_operator, change value from "SPR" to "spr" without quotes and reboot

the phone, now install Radio Switcher, run it and change mode to GSM auto (PRL), reboot.

Now change value of ro.build.target_operator=spr to SPR and SWITCH off the phone, pop in your GSM sim and switch on your phone.

Thats it.

For Activate phone bypass rename OmaDmclient.apk and OmaDMclient.odex to OmaDmclient.apk.bak and OmaDMclient.odex.bak respectively.

Now GSM data will work with WIFI Tether. CDMA only Voice and SMS. for cdma data you have to change the ro.build.tyarget_operator=SPR to spr, but you

need to dial 0 before any number else the phone dialer will crash and no wifi tether for this hack. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

GSM Clean Unlock with Wi-FI Tether for ZVD

Backup all the files you want from the phone as this requires a complete stock state.

Flash ZVD using LG Flash tool, or ZVC if you dont happen to have ZVD, and let the phone update to ZVD,

Please do not update the phone to ZVE as the update only improves performance for SPRINT customers and

we have not use of that update.

Change mode to RUIM.Pref using DFS

Root the phone using the ioroot from here.

Once rooted install Root Explorer.

Download attachicon.gifcarrier.rar it and copy the carrier.rar to your phones sd card.

Install Rar on to your phone and unrar the carrier folder, do not go inside the folder and extract, make sure you extract the whole carrier

folder, now run Root Explorer and copy the extracted carrier folder and paste it in root of the phone, it will prompt you that the file system

is read only, do you wish to change mode to read and write, select yes and proceed, it will again prompt you if you want the carrier folder

to be replaced, select yes, once copied change permission of the carrier folder as shown below in the pic.

attachicon.gif2014-11-07.png

Delete telephony.db file from /data/data/com.adroid.settings.telephony/database/"telephony.db" --> this file.

reboot your phone.

Install Rom Toolbox Lite and use the build.prop editor and search ro.build.target_operator, change value from "SPR" to "spr" without quotes and reboot

the phone, now install Radio Switcher, run it and change mode to GSM auto (PRL), reboot.

Now change value of ro.build.target_operator=spr to SPR and SWITCH off the phone, pop in your GSM sim and switch on your phone.

Thats it.

For Activate phone bypass rename OmaDmclient.apk and OmaDMclient.odex to OmaDmclient.apk.bak and OmaDMclient.odex.bak respectively.

Now GSM data will work with WIFI Tether. CDMA only Voice and SMS. for cdma data you have to change the ro.build.tyarget_operator=SPR to spr, but you

need to dial 0 before any number else the phone dialer will crash and no wifi tether for this hack. Hope this helps.

Hello,

I flashed ZVC .tot & then only replaced carrier folder through root explorer. It worked.

Then took OTA's till ZVE.

So basically I have only replaced the folder, not followed any other instructions, even did not change the permissions & My device is perfectly unlock.

I am using Voda GSM.

So why all these steps ???

ZVD

ZVD

Ohh ok. So better to keep a ZVA or ZVC tot with you... ;)

ZVD

Hello Vinod Sir,

I am on ZVE, as soon as I delete any pre-install app or even disable any google app like play movies etc, I am getting "com.android.phone" process has stopped working msg.

Previously on JB this issue was not there .

What should I do ?

Above ZVD unlock process is for CDMA or GSM, as I use GSM only.

Also How to sop ZVE update from being downloaded,

I tried renaming LGFOTA.apk to bak also OTAcerts.zip to bak..

But phone sill downloads the upadate, this is costing me 3G data.

I am fed up of this phone now.. please guide..

Lg g2 supports evdo rev b?

Any 1 pls

ZVC does not have that option to change the ppp settings and thus the option will not stick. You can make the NV item 39939 to 0 and then the NV dump will stick.

So I was trying to write nvdump on stock 4.4.2. But it is not sticking even after selecting 0 to 39939. I tried using DFS as NV writer was giving "not a valid nv file" error. It resets automatically on system reboots.

Only HDR AN Long seems to be resetting though.

EDIT: It finally sticked. Used the same LG.txt method used for sticking NV dump on Optimus G.

Guys, I understand this is for using Sprint G2 in India, but I still want to try my luck here for flashing G2 with my exisiting Sprint 3G donor phone info and use it in my legacy plan.

I had experience flashing old LG Optimus S and Galaxy S3 with my donor info, so I'm sure the AAA key and the HR passowrd etc are all accurate. The G2 I got off ebay is already on ZVD update and stock recovery unrooted.

I remember with Optimus S, I need to use Anycut app to make a shortcut of CDG2 and set PPP carrier to "undetermined" for the NV values to stick, otherwise they got reverted after reboot. But for this ZVD update, I found no such setting in HiddenMenu. I have got the ESN, MEID written, so I got voice, txt and inconsistent 1x data.

I'm thinking not getting 3G is still caused by my AAA key and password not sticking, since I never got the way to set the PPP carrier. I searched a lot at XDA and google, nothing at XDA but something here. So my questions are:

1. I know previous ver of ROMs such as ZV8 etc still has the PPP setting in the HiddenMenu, so should I revert to the previous ROM to flash and get 3G, then do the updates? Will I lose the written 3G related AAA key and password after going back to ZVD or ZVE? Seems like people were talking about this issue in some of the posts here.

2. In this quoted post, poster mention that he used this file for G1 to get NV stick, since you guys were working on Indian carriers, I'm very concerned if I flashed this it would brick my Sprint service? Is my assumption right?

3. My donor is a HTC TP2, so it's also a GSM/CDMA phone, but all my previous flashing experiences are for non-GSM phone (GS3, Optimus S), never dealt with flashing the IMEI. Should I flash my donor's IMEI to be safe or just take out the SIM and leave that part alone? Enabling the GSM capability would be nice though (I'm talking about using SIMs when I'm traveling abroad, say India or China). Would it be possible at all? Weird thing is after my flash and reboot a few times, my 1x started to get very unstable, and the phone even started to try getting on LTE network, of course the browser got me to ecare asking for payment, but it kinda freaked me out. I might just take the SIM out.

Anyways, thanks for all your help.

Edited .....

Edited by joshm

ZVC does not have that option to change the ppp settings and thus the option will not stick. You can make the NV item 39939 to 0 and then the NV dump will stick.

So I was trying to write nvdump on stock 4.4.2. But it is not sticking even after selecting 0 to 39939. I tried using DFS as NV writer was giving "not a valid nv file" error. It resets automatically on system reboots.

Only HDR AN Long seems to be resetting though.

attachicon.gifnv.JPG

EDIT: It finally sticked. Used the same LG.txt method used for sticking NV dump on Optimus G.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36320-sprint-lg-optimus-g-evdo-solution/

Guys, I understand this is for using Sprint G2 in India, but I still want to try my luck here for flashing G2 with my exisiting Sprint 3G donor phone info and use it in my legacy plan.

I had experience flashing old LG Optimus S and Galaxy S3 with my donor info, so I'm sure the AAA key and the HR passowrd etc are all accurate. The G2 I got off ebay is already on ZVD update and stock recovery unrooted.

I remember with Optimus S, I need to use Anycut app to make a shortcut of CDG2 and set PPP carrier to "undetermined" for the NV values to stick, otherwise they got reverted after reboot. But for this ZVD update, I found no such setting in HiddenMenu. I have got the ESN, MEID written, so I got voice, txt and inconsistent 1x data.

I'm thinking not getting 3G is still caused by my AAA key and password not sticking, since I never got the way to set the PPP carrier. I searched a lot at XDA and google, nothing at XDA but something here. So my questions are:

1. I know previous ver of ROMs such as ZV8 etc still has the PPP setting in the HiddenMenu, so should I revert to the previous ROM to flash and get 3G, then do the updates? Will I lose the written 3G related AAA key and password after going back to ZVD or ZVE? Seems like people were talking about this issue in some of the posts here.

2. In this quoted post, poster mention that he used this file for G1 to get NV stick, since you guys were working on Indian carriers, I'm very concerned if I flashed this it would brick my Sprint service? Is my assumption right?

3. My donor is a HTC TP2, so it's also a GSM/CDMA phone, but all my previous flashing experiences are for non-GSM phone (GS3, Optimus S), never dealt with flashing the IMEI. Should I flash my donor's IMEI to be safe or just take out the SIM and leave that part alone? Enabling the GSM capability would be nice though (I'm talking about using SIMs when I'm traveling abroad, say India or China). Would it be possible at all? Weird thing is after my flash and reboot a few times, my 1x started to get very unstable, and the phone even started to try getting on LTE network, of course the browser got me to ecare asking for payment, but it kinda freaked me out. I might just take the SIM out.

Anyways, thanks for all your help.

It's better that you downgrade and go to zv8.

As it is zv7 and zv8 are considered to be most docile of Em all . As far as I know the flashed settings generally don't get altered( at least I haven't noticed anything like that since I have been flashing ) when you flash stock but Stull they may get messed so keep it in.mind that you may have to flash it again from scratch .

All the rest well I can't suggest anything else purely coz I have never flashed any g2 for nv mode .

Try and update , I am sure some wise guy might come next to help you .

One more thing since past many phones I have seen that flashing meid or imei tends to.mess the data up but you can Stull try and see if that works for you .

Sent from my NOTE 3 .. size does matter .......

ZVD

Hello Vinod Sir,

I am on ZVE, as soon as I delete any pre-install app or even disable any google app like play movies etc, I am getting "com.android.phone" process has stopped working msg.

Previously on JB this issue was not there .

What should I do ?

Above ZVD unlock process is for CDMA or GSM, as I use GSM only.

Also How to sop ZVE update from being downloaded,

I tried renaming LGFOTA.apk to bak also OTAcerts.zip to bak..

But phone sill downloads the upadate, this is costing me 3G data.

I am fed up of this phone now.. please guide..

Boot into recovery and do a factory reset and clear cache. This will erase all data.

To prevent autodownload, rename following file.

/system/app find qcrilmsgtunnel.apk, to qcrilmsgtunnel.apk.bak and REBOOT.

Running on 4.2.2 Facing constant call drops, I swapped OMH and its the same when I pop the other OMH and solution to this?

People call me and theres no ring on my phone and I finally get a missed call on my home screen, When I call people my call drops and says no signal.

Any Solution to this issue?