Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
varunadg

EVDO Reactivation and Deactivation through Reliance InstaCare App

EVDO Reactivation and Deactivation through InstaCare app.

follow these steps:

1. Open instaCare App.

2. Register yourself and get logged in.

3. Tap on SUPPORT

4. Then tap on Create request.

5. Select category as "Internet / Data Related"

6. write your deactivation or reactivation request.

7. Then submit it.

i got my EVDO deactivated in 2 days And Reactivated in 1 day.

I Hope it will help... :)

Edited by varunadg
  • Like 9

I've already activated EVDO on my new handset.

Now if I go back to the old handset and request EVDO de activation will it disable EVDO service on new handset too ?

Thanks

+1

Can you please paste the Deactivation request you sent so that other can use the same "terms/words" which get things working.

Thanks.

I have used ''deactivate evdo on my number".

That's it...no need to write special words or terms..

I think instaCare accept requests on the mobile number which u have used to logged in..

So it will deactivate evdo on that handset according to ur mobile number....

Gurus correct me if I m wrong..

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Have only sent de activation request to customer care through email to delink old RSN or MEID from EVDO.

In the meantime got EVDO activated on the new handset by sending SMS TO 55444 according to Parin post in another thread...

Havent used instaCare App yet and thats why asking whether you migrated to a new handset activated EVDO on new handset and then used EVDO de activation on old handset ?

@reliancenokia2007

In this case email is the only solution.

To get evdo working.. U need to deactivate evdo on previous handset..and then activate it on new handset..

I have deactivated evdo before switching to new handset using instaCare

• Like 1

So for example when I want to upgrade from electrify m to Droid mini, I have to first deactivate evdo on electrify m first and then activate evdo on Droid mini

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

^^^

If you upgrading from ruim based handset to ruim based handset then it is not necessary. Only necessary if upgrading from ruim to nv, nv to ruim or nv to nv.

• Like 3

My older handset is NV based so I have to be sure before selling it off

@reliancenokia2007
In this case email is the only solution.
To get evdo working.. U need to deactivate evdo on previous handset..and then activate it on new handset..

I have deactivated evdo before switching to new handset using instaCare

My transfer was from NV based to RUIM handset. So deactivation through email sounds like a sensible step unless the InstaCare request takes into account only the MEID or RSN before de activation.

Some forum users have posted no success with Reliance CC for EVDO de activation.

Right now I will wait for a response from CC or send an email to appellate authority as mentioned in a post elsewhere for EVDO de activation.

So for example when I want to upgrade from electrify m to Droid mini, I have to first deactivate evdo on electrify m first and then activate evdo on Droid mini

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

no need for ruim to ruim.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Is it possible to give activation request using this same procedure?

Edited by lijodavis

For activation, simply sms "HSD" to 55333 (Prepaid) / 55444 (Postpaid),

For activation, simply sms "HSD" to 55333 (Prepaid) / 55444 (Postpaid),
message activation process is only for single time.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I just sent a service request from new handset that "Phone not getting EVDO signal.. I am getting only 1X speed.." and the request was resolved in 2 days..

recently i had to change my dad's htc desire vc omh sim to droid x omh sim.

but parin bhai told me new sim would be required for data to work.

when i first placed a request for change, it didnt work as response from system was

evdo is active. then shreesh help me getting it deactivated , then they could easily

transfer my number to new omh.

i did hsd and got data active on the new sim.

later that one became glitchy stopped getting recognized in moto x. again i went

for the latest gen recruc 06 micro sim omh. this time they changed it without evdo deactivation.

i think in different cities different intelligent folks with their reliance cpu super computers decide anything

depending on the current weather.

there is no fix policy here. reliance is purely desi like a govt. dept.

• Like 2

ANOTHER UPDATE : THIS IS CRAZY

today i shifted my moto photon to moto g

both are nv mode. i already evdo active on photon.

i know a reliance staff here in jaipur so i just sent him on whatsapp request for handset change and the new rsn yesterday.

i didnt know when it happened as today morning photon data was still working but when i made a call it said to resume service contact reliance.

i took out moto g did *228 and failed. contacted hitesh ji in gtalk he told me to change spc to 000000

did *228 again and my number activated. after that just did HSD 55333 and evdo also active now.

since i intend to keep photon as music player and sygic navigation. i am not putting request for any evdo de-activation.

but last when i checked it was still working on it. :Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido:

if this can go on, then i would love to keep evdo active on both phone. though would mostly use it on one device only at a time.

finally i have moved to a new phone and moto g works really well.

P.S. I have compared speedtest app results on moto x, moto g and photon. its strange that while photon always struggles between 600-800 kbps , moto g and moto x always show results above 1.2 mbps. is there any hardware , radio, os responsible for this???

i even get full signals on evdo while photon always struggles with 2-3 bars in same place.

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 1

^^^^

Enjoy Baba ji... And latest hardware and s/w optimizations may be helping Moto G and X to get better speed...

• Like 1

Cool. But how is RUIM based phone able to retain data? I thought it was possible only with NV programmed phones. BTW which Moto G is RUIM based? VZW?

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

I had encountered two cases where RUIM was getting sms even after transferring to another handset.. Getting data is something new..

Cool. But how is RUIM based phone able to retain data? I thought it was possible only with NV programmed phones. BTW which Moto G is RUIM based? VZW?

I had encountered two cases where RUIM was getting sms even after transferring to another hand

sorry that was a typo. both phones are nv mode based.

since i intend to keep photon as music player and sygic navigation. i am not putting request for any evdo de-activation.

but last when i checked it was still working on it. :Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido:

if this can go on, then i would love to keep evdo active on both phone. though would mostly use it on one device only at a time.

what about billing for data usage baba jee... ??

what about billing for data usage baba jee... ??

I am only on prepaid. So far it's going alright .

^^^ You will surely be billed for both as the account remains same.. only way to find out is to check your current usage & monitor your data usage in both phones till you exhaust the limit..

BTW, the new IntaCare update works just fine on GNexus, opens & shuts within a sec..!

^^^ You will surely be billed for both as the account remains same.. only way to find out is to check your current usage & monitor your data usage in both phones till you exhaust the limit..

BTW, the new IntaCare update works just fine on GNexus, opens & shuts within a sec..!

I am never able to consume my 1.5gb every month so it's alright.

I too recently changed my handset from Photon to Moto G like VA(forum member). Before shifting to new handset, I requested thru Instacare to stop EVDO. Next day I got a call from Reliance that EVDO has been stopped. To my surprise, I still found it active on my Photon. Again confirmed with Reliance CC, got reply that system says it is no more active. But actually it was still active on handset.

Knowing all these, I shifted to Moto G. When send HSD to 55444(postpaid) got reply that EVDO is already active on new phone. Now sent a mail to Reliance about de-activation of EVDO on old MEID and activation on new MEID. For the same I got confirmation call also. Now EVDO on old phone is stopped, but on new phone no EVDO till now. On new phone, when data is disabled, network type shows "EVDO Rev A". But as soon as I enable data it switches to 1XRTT. Gurus please help to sort out the issue for EVDO activation. Thanks