Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dushie

How To Unlock Tata Photon Max Wi Fi EC315 Wingle CDMA Data Card

Hi all,

Bought a EC 315 yesterday to use from a person who was selling locally. I spent the entire day yesterday but could not get it to work with the RUIM slot.

Post googling and reading i tried everything from upgrading to downgrading the firmware, installing Huawei default firmware, tried multiple versions of DFS, also tried CDMA workshop. The issue i am facing is after saving the settings of changing NV to RUIM only when i do the reset command . After reboot the settings go back to NV only it does not stick to ruim. Due to this it is not detecting and reading the sim card inside. i tried multiple versions of DFS, tried CDMA workshop. Tried different OS also 8.1, Windows 7 but was unable to make the settings stick. I had bought this to use my sim with the dongle but looks like it is not happening.

Any inputs, ideas and thoughts would be appreciated to get this working, as of now i have run out of most options that i could try or are available.

Need help from the Gurus here to get this running.

Edited by Dushie
  • Like 2

No response, if anyone has any inputs or ideas , please do share the same.

i bought zte ac 2766

The issue with mine is that device works only in evdo mode(reliance sim)

1X wont work

After enabling" cdma_hdr" mode in dfs,it reverts back again to" hdr only" mode.

thus no call,sms or 1x mode internet.

same issue as yours but little diffrent :(

Atleast its working in EVDO mode, here evern after flashing the firmware, it is not taking the setting and sim slot is not working, it resets back to default NV setting on reboot.

Try asking hitesh bhai

try diff dashboard

Already tried different dashboard, even installed a different firware but it is not saving RUIM setting and getting reset to NV only on reboot. Their may be a firmware version that can unlock the same, that is being shipped by the chinese sellers at Ali express . Not able to find the same anywhere the firmware version: 11.102.67.01.45 .

Nope, no solution till now, tried multiple firmwares also, but no go. The dongle which is being sold in Alibaba and comes unlocked and has firmware version : My Software version: 11.102.67.01.45. Web UI version: 12.001.10.03.45 . As of now unable to find this firmware anywhere. By putting this firmware the sim slot on the dongle may start working.

Try asking seller on alibaba to provide you with firmware.
Slim chances but worth a try

@Dushie Were you able to Unlock RUIM capability of ZTE AC 30 ?

@Dushie 1:Even if at all if you found,Software version: 11.102.67.01.45. Web UI version: 12.001.10.03.45 it is of no use at all.Proof:http://netobzor.org/forum/inde...

So,only way is by unlocking it with registered version of CDMA WORSHOP 3.9

We all need to rebuild NV Ram,EPPROM,ESN as what samdruby has said & that option is only available with registered version of CDMA WORKSHOP 3.9 So,if you need to unlock EC315 then no other go buy new factory unlocked one from alibaba.This is my last decision I have already tried various methods nothing gets it unlock.You have to understand & get along with it,no other go!

@Dushie Were you able to Unlock RUIM capability of ZTE AC 30 ?

@kuduku, i did manage to get the verizon AC 30 unlocked for GSM but it is working only for Airtel after the unlock. I did read about some firmware in russian forum that may be able to unlock completely but did not try the same.

@Dushie 1:Even if at all if you found,Software version: 11.102.67.01.45. Web UI version: 12.001.10.03.45 it is of no use at all.Proof:http://netobzor.org/forum/inde...

So,only way is by unlocking it with registered version of CDMA WORSHOP 3.9

We all need to rebuild NV Ram,EPPROM,ESN as what samdruby has said & that option is only available with registered version of CDMA WORKSHOP 3.9 So,if you need to unlock EC315 then no other go buy new factory unlocked one from alibaba.This is my last decision I have already tried various methods nothing gets it unlock.You have to understand & get along with it,no other go!

@maddyboy the 315 dongle alibaba is selling comes with this version itself as i know someone who ordered it from there for 3.5k and he provided the details. There may be a unlock option available soon for the same is what i heard from a source, so waiting for that. Once i get to know more details about the same would share.

Edited by Dushie
  • Like 1

@Dushie:Thanks.I hope that we should be able to get unlocking solution asap.Does that unlocking solution is going to be provided by alibaba or else by whom?Pls be clear about it my good friend!

When DC unlocker claims that a particular model is unlockable,then it's true for real,I swear that I really did unlocked my MTS Huawei EC1561 with the help of DC Unlocker.I also have got my friends free credits & I tried the same with EC315,but it just couldn't unlock it.EC315 reverts back to NV Mode only.Anyway I atleast have unlocked my EC1561.My heartful thanks to Dc unlocker!

Hi Guys, Anybody able to unlock the EC315. If yes, request to please help me with the procedure. Thanks.

I too have an EC315, but I am not able to connect CW/DFS to it.

As soon plug in EC315, it creates an RNDIS connection with PC.

After I removed the default Huawe driver (which was included in EC315),

it installs mass storage driver and shows the driver partition only.

How to creat a COM port for connecting to CW/DFS?

Do I need a different driver?

Edited by ni0987

I guess your device is hi-link device.. Not a normal one..

seen something online to Unlock Tata Photon Max EC306. google it. may work for EC315 also.

Edited by commonman

I guess your device is hi-link device.. Not a normal one..

Its Huawei EC314, with Tata Photon Max WIFI branding, black in color.

Can it be?

I was able to get com port for EC315.

After plugging in the data card, start any updater exe.

During search, it kills the RNDIS service and changes the mode of data card.

As soon you see two 'Huawei Unknown Device' being created in device manager,

kill the updater through task manager or any process manager.

Soon, you will see the 2 COM ports for EC315.

Connect your device to 'Application Interface' port with DFS/CW.

My EC315 has zero SPC by default so, didn't have to bother about SPC.

But I am also stuck with the same problem: after its changed to 'RUIM only' mode, it reverts back to 'NV mode' after every power cycle.

Looking forward to solve this last problem for unlocking EC315 :)

Huawei ec315 won't unlock from cdma workshop or Dfs, you need either mkey or riff box to unlock the device.

I have done unlocking of this model through riff box.

Huawei ec315 won't unlock from cdma workshop or Dfs, you need either mkey or riff box to unlock the device.

I have done unlocking of this model through riff box.

Thanks for clarifying.

I have handed over EC315 to someone else to unlock it.

Planning to buy EC315 an unlock it. Can someone tell the unlock procedure? @ pritamcharan

Requesting help. Highly appreciated. Thanks.

It will. Lock. Ur nv memory

I am curious what is the final status on unlocking of EC315, which is coming from Tata (Photon Max WiFi).

Also, what is equivalent product from Tata for EC306? Is it Tata Photon +? If yes, is it unlockable? and does it support EVDO Rev.B?