Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
neo_tech

Ringtone Through Sms?

Hi all,

sending ringtones, wallpapers etc through MMS is achieved...now i wanna know is it possible to some how send ringtones or wallpapers through SMS...coz theres very less space given for it 3 for SMS and 3 for MMS...so we should make full use of it :help:

thnx

Unfortunately, nobody has found out any way to send ringtone/wallpaper using SMS. So as of now, it is not possible.

Does anybody know how reliance sends the MMS link via SMS. If you do, then instead of the link leading to Rworld, can it lead to wap site. There was some discussion some time ago, of why a Reliance user cannot download from any other site other than Rworld.. bcos of the Jatayu Browser?

don't know that..but i queried through their customer care number and they said that u CAN'T download ringtones and wallpapers thru their WAP browser. :clap:

thats sad!

They dont send ringtones thru SMS. who told u that?? They simply send u a link to dl from R-World platform. So what u get is jus to trigger R-World and not a ringtone like that which is used in other GSM phones.

They dont send ringtones thru SMS. who told u that?? They simply send u a link to dl from R-World platform. So what u get is jus to trigger R-World and not a ringtone like that which is used in other GSM phones.

31781[/snapback]

Ya... my queston exactly. Has anybody found out the details of such a "trigger" .

oh ic...it means that, that one works just with GSM...hmm then its difficult... :-(

but beetle theres a problem...we can't dl rings and walls thru R-World...remember its not allowed...may be only links from reliance can be usd to dl stuff off r world :'(

Can someone with a fone that has RT from SMS trigger, please check up.

REquest for a ringtone.

when the sms arrives .. do not open it ..

use bitpim to read the FS, Save the SMS folder

and send the layout of the Last sms received ?

HEX format preffered

Cheers

Ashok

They did send SMS ringtones (mono) for LG 2230 for a time from the 8888 services. U could even forward it. Then they discontinued it..

I think it is starting of a new project, becuase two tech guru are here to do some thing new. Hey Guru, Rimwebians are waiting a great result from your side. I hope u will do it for us! I will say Try and Try Again. As My Signature!

Thanks and Take Care!

Sure mate ... We will try and try ... and I sure do not have any plans of quitting!

Cheers

Ashok