Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

3 hours ago, kshah said:

Jio join need Jio sim I'm phone, that's all. Jio join when I tried on Yureka, it was lagging a lot.

Jio Join needs 

either

4G LTE phone + Jio SIM

or 

2G/3G phone + Lyf/Jio mifi router.

Jio SIM can not directly work in 3G/2G phone as it is pure LTE based.

Edited by commonman

I have no idea for wifi router. Wifi hotspot doesn't work with Jio join.

I have no idea for wifi router. Wifi hotspot doesn't work with Jio join.

Jio join will work only with jio sim or jio mifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No confusion. Jio join needs your phone [whether 2g or 3g or 4g phone] connected to jio network. So a phone connected to jio network via jioFi [using Wi-Fi tech] qualifies as well. Similarly for jio sim in 4g non volte phone.

On 9/2/2016 at 8:52 PM, kshah said:
If Jio join fail IMO tough time for Jio for year or so - by the time range of voLTE phones are available.

Yes. This is a much more important issue. Not everyone jumps to buy volte phone. For example in my family everyone has 4g phone, but none of them is volte capable.

So jio must concentrate on launching good quality LYF phones with great battery life. These LYF phones never last long and so the name LYF is not at all suitable for them, imho. According to me $EX would have been a better brand name for those short lived phones.

So I recommend the following names for their phone series..

LYF == $EX
Flame == Hand [better than Nothing]
Wind == 0ral [now we are talking -- may be not]
Water == $traight [upTo the point]
Earth == 3sum [more features and price]

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 4

APN is "jionet".

Leave everything else blank.

Thanks for the input mate, but I have already tried this and far too other options
The network at my place of residence is pretty pathetic, so more or less jio is a waste for me
Had spent more than 7k on that LYF wind 4, all went down the drain as making a call is practically impossible due to bad coverage.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

For anyone who is wondering if voice calls will also use data because they arent charging anything, NO.

If you have a VoLTE enabled handset, turn off data on Jio sim and try making a call, it works just fine.

A relative of mine wants to try jio was asking which phone to buy wind 7-8 seems decent any updates if lyf mobiles get free data for a year as rumoured if so can look into it else suggest some Xiaomi device

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ruiner21 said:

For anyone who is wondering if voice calls will also use data because they arent charging anything, NO.

If you have a VoLTE enabled handset, turn off data on Jio sim and try making a call, it works just fine.

Yes!

Though voice calls are carried in form of data (VoLTE in LTE network) it will not be accounted/appear in our main data connection (Voice uses IMS channel instead) and voice will work even if your Data is switched off.

Please read the terms properly and you will get the answer regarding charges. (No charges for data used for calls is clearly mentioned)

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37862-reliance-jio-to-be-launched-on-september-5/?do=findComment&comment=331602

or

https://www.jio.com/en-in/plans

All doubts will be cleared - Do check the PDF format plan details.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input mate, but I have already tried this and far too other options
The network at my place of residence is pretty pathetic, so more or less jio is a waste for me
Had spent more than 7k on that LYF wind 4, all went down the drain as making a call is practically impossible due to bad coverage.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Try raising complain, they may work upon. They are sincere as I over heard they did took steps to improve coverage upon complaint in Ahmedabad

what is the minimum Android version required for JioJoin? Is there a windows mobile version?

Edited by commonman

Only Android.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

what is the minimum Android version required for JioJoin? Is there a windows mobile version?

I think KitKat and above

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

On 9/3/2016 at 8:58 PM, kshah said:

Try raising complain, they may work upon. They are sincere as I over heard they did took steps to improve coverage upon complaint in Ahmedabad

Well I have raised complaints many times , sent them emails, went and met the network team personally , but the thing is they don't have any site in my neighborhood for at least 1.5 Km and it will take them a few more weeks if not months to get a tower operational :(

If anyone needs that wind4 practically unused then let me know

Thanks

Jio4GVoice app (an app to make and receive calls on non VOLTE device) don't work on my Sprint HTC One M7.  

It says You are not allowed to use this application on this device. Please contact customer care for further details. (yeah as if customer care is so freaking easily approachable). 

Jio apps are not working on imported phones? 

Jio4GVoice app (an app to make and receive calls on non VOLTE device) don't work on my Sprint HTC One M7.  

It says You are not allowed to use this application on this device. Please contact customer care for further details. (yeah as if customer care is so freaking easily approachable). 

Did you register Jio4GVoice on any other handset for the same number/SIM ?

Not working in my HTC One M8 Telsta model all calls fails but op gets missed call without a ring

Did you register Jio4GVoice on any other handset for the same number/SIM ?

Yes, on a Samsung handset purchased in India?

Is it like Jio4GVoice will work on only 1 handset? How to unregister from Samsung  handset?

Yes, on a Samsung handset purchased in India?

Is it like Jio4GVoice will work on only 1 handset? How to unregister from Samsung  handset?

Yes Jio4GVoice is associated with the Mobile number as well as device and will work on 1 handset only.

I don't know how to unregister but you can try the below given method which is for cofiguring Jio4GVoice with JioFi device.

Sign in to MyJio and go to manage device and remove the serial no. listed there and try to re-register Jio4GVoice in your handset.

Otherwise you will have to call customer care and provide relevant details such as IMEI etc. and they will fix it.

BTW did you try clearing the data and re-installing Jio4GVoice with the SIM in the handset ?

Yes Jio4GVoice is associated with the Mobile number as well as device and will work on 1 handset only.

I don't know how to unregister but you can try the below given method which is for cofiguring Jio4GVoice with JioFi device.

Sign in to MyJio and go to manage device and remove the serial no. listed there and try to re-register Jio4GVoice in your handset.

Otherwise you will have to call customer care and provide relevant details such as IMEI etc. and they will fix it.

BTW did you try clearing the data and re-installing Jio4GVoice with the SIM in the handset ?

Jio4GVoice...

Will work on 1 device only at a time.

To change the device, one need to uninstall Jio4gVoice app from old device, and install the app in new device. 

New device should be connected to Jio network (thru Mifi device or Sim in new device). It will ask for OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number. Just enter the OTP and Jio4GVoice will start to work on new device.

But it's not working on Sprint HTC One M7. Guess it will not work with any imported handset either. 

Jio4GVoice...

To change the device, one need to uninstall Jio4gVoice app from old device, and install the app in new device. 

New device should be connected to Jio network (thru Mifi device or Sim in new device). It will ask for OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number. Just enter the OTP and Jio4GVoice will start to work on new device.

But it's not working on Sprint HTC One M7. Guess it will not work with any imported handset either. 

What I am keen to know is whether jio sim is working on sprint htc one m7?
I tried it on sprint htc one m9 but it failed!

What I am keen to know is whether jio sim is working on sprint htc one m7?
I tried it on sprint htc one m9 but it failed!

HTC One M7 will not work with Jio SIM. It don't have hardware for it. But Jio4GVoice app is also not working on HTC One M7.

Does this app works on M9?

Jio4GVoice...

No need to uninstall the app.  The jio sim will work on all the phones where you have jio voice configured. There is no need to uninstall the app or verfiy otp also.

Once you do that the sim works in all those phones where you have jio voice setup. This has been tried and tested by me. I have used the same jio voice sim in 3 device with jio voice app and it worked fine. Used in One plus One, Moto E Xt1526 and Redmi 2 Prime. On all the 3 devices it works fine, i can swap it anytime and it works, it does not ask to verify OTP.

I have been experiencing slow to too slow data speed specially during evenings . Overall data speed has been drastically slow. Delhi JIO user.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

My LYF handset bound JIO sim is working in other 4G compatible phones too.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Once shifted to jwo from jpo, you can use the jio sim in any 4g device...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk