Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tssaravananone

Virus Detected When Browsing The Forum

When we try to logout of rimweb.com a virus is automatically trying to infect our computer (Name of the virus : VBS/PSyme). Name defined by AVG antivirus.

And the rimweb.com website is also trying to install a file runsvc32.exe when we login and logout.

Is rimweb.com have spyware. Pls someone explain

Yeah since last three days, I am experiencing the same thing :(

I am not much aware what it is but it says something about trojan etc... :rolleyes:

I click no on that and then exit out...

Two days ago a message appeared on my desktop after I logged out of rimweb, Your Computer is in Danger, there is a spyware etc etc.

Even after restarting the machine, it remained there. I called the IT guy in my company & well, he did something for an hour before handing the machine back to me..

Is it something from rimweb??? I dunno, but if it is then there are people who are trying to harm the members of rimweb :help:

Guyz before blaming the rimweb site for infecting ur PC,

can you assure that your PC was not infected before you

visit this site, and please stop clicking to the links blindly :-).

Fore more information about this virus see the following link.

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/se...R%20VBS%20PSYME

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pe...px?id=453078247

Cheers ...................

Dear Dacodecz

Nobody is blaming Rimweb... we are just sharing our experiences...

There mebbe a possibility that someone who is jealous of rimweb may also try to do this..who knows.... :rolleyes:

hey guys,

you all r right i have also faced the problem. Infact i have mailed the screenshots as desired bu Arun Kumar D and also at forums@rimweb.com that shows the alert from my McAfee Antivirus. You people can also have a look to it in attached file.

post-4536-1116411015_thumb.jpg

guys me dont feel any problem here..

Guess u got ur computer loaded with virus from some other site..

Anyways we dont relay any spywares through our site.

Anyways we dont relay any spywares through our site.

31959[/snapback]

Sure that work is reserved by the GATES and the TEAM :-)

Cheers ..........................

True even me getting the same warning from my AVG AV. check it out there is some problem for sure.

As i keep my pc as clean as possible. and my machine is virus and spy-adware free.

After much investigation, we were finally able to duplicate the virus detection that some members have reported (above) by early morning today. We were working hard to resolve the issue and so the site was inaccessible during day time today for a few hours time. We were able to temporarily fix the problem and we have re-opened the forum now.

I request those members who have received the virus alerts earlier, to check whether the alerts are still popping up or not when browsing (try logging in and out) through RIMweb.com now. Please post your observations here, which will help us in finding more details about the issue. We are still monitoring and doing some tests, and I'll post more information on it as soon as I receive updates from our Server Administrator in the Data Center.

Well am not facing this problem anymore. Hope u keep everything tight as some1 trying to hijack the site ( as told by friend ).

Hi...

Now there is not prob at all :(

Since the site was not opening yesterday.. I was just worried whether my IP address was blocked :D

Feels great to be back here again ;)

If this is a case of somebody trying to sabotage the site then just imagine how people are getting jealous by the success of this forum.... :)

Invision Board has lots of vulnerabilities that can be used by hackers..

A list of those and their solution can be found here

http://secunia.com/product/3705/

Hope Arun takes care of these

If this is a case of somebody trying to sabotage the site then just imagine how people are getting jealous by  the success of this forum.... :D

32028[/snapback]

Perhaps some one from Reliance :(

I use McAfee 9.0, and fased same problem like others, My machine has firewall as well from Zone alarm as a practice we do scan our pc before shut down, and all softwares are updated regularly.

I have not seen "that" problem today thanks for your efforts moderator

:D

After much investigation, we were finally able to duplicate the virus detection that some members have reported (above) by early morning today. We were working hard to resolve the issue and so the site was inaccessible during day time today for a few hours time. We were able to temporarily fix the problem and we have re-opened the forum now.

I request those members who have received the virus alerts earlier, to check whether the alerts are still popping up or not when browsing (try logging in and out) through RIMweb.com now. Please post your observations here, which will help us in finding more details about the issue. We are still monitoring and doing some tests, and I'll post more information on it as soon as I receive updates from our Server Administrator in the Data Center.

32006[/snapback]

Now www.rimweb.com does not seem to have any virus like activity. Thanks for your immediate action administrator.