Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beetle

Cdma Node Using Rd 2030

Ok! Before discussing further I want you guys read this webpage, and let me know what you think this is :D

CDMA Node

CDMA Nodes

You can now setup nodes using CDMA phones. Using LG's RD2030 is a great way to run nodes. Using the RD2030 you have the option of keeping your node at any place.

Setting up the CDMA node is easy. Just connect LG's RD2030 phone to your computer with the data cable and the audio cable (you can build it yourself). The Node Software 2.02 will automatically work with the LG-RD2030. With CDMA phones as nodes, you are assured of very high audio quality, ease of setting up and higher profitability.

Now, Download the Node Software

Build your own Audio Cable

Lets see if this will bring back the old Rimweb spark! Some creativity! Unfortunately I do not have access to any reliance phones :(

Edited by Beetle

To run a GSM/CDMA node you need two cables.

1. A Data cable to control the dialing and hangup.(To know more about data cables, read the Installation instructions).

2. An audio cable for voice.

The PC's sound card is connected to the phone's handsfree socket through the audio cable.

Making the audio cable is very easy. Anyone with basic soldering skills should be able to make these cables for you.

Tips:

1. Buy a Motorola handsfree, cut the cable between near the mic and solder the two audio jacks (use different colored jacks).

2. Use a VOM/Multimeter to check that the connections are as per the diagram above.

3. Keep the two jacks of different colors to differentiate between the mic and speaker jacks.

Testing the cables

You need the help of a friend to do this testing.

Step 1: Connect the cable to the cell-phone and the PC sound card.

Step 2: Start the sound recorder from Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment.

Step 3: From the cell phone, dial your friend's phone number.

Step 4: Press record button on the Sound Recorder application.

Step 5: When you friend answers the phone, the Sound Recorder Display should show the voice patterns.

Step 6: After a few seconds of recording. Press the Stop button and then play back the sound by pressing the Play button.

Step 7: Now the friend should be able to hear their own recorded voice. The voice might be slightly distorted (that is okay).

If it doesn't work, check the connections. There are two things that usually go wrong:

1. The leads might be swapped. The ground wire could be connected to the tip and the signal to the ring.

2. Check that the jacks are properly connected to their respective sockets on the sound card. That is, the mic jack to the mic socket and the speaker jack to the speaker socket and not the other way.

post-1213-1116534882_thumb.jpg

LOVELY POST!!!!!

I do not think setting this is legal!!!

Could land you in trouble!!!

This is the same method used by many to illegal operators to route international calls to india.

If you are caught with such a setup, you will become famous in a few days :D

Edited by deepu

I do not think setting this is legal!!!

Could land you in trouble!!!

This is the same method used by many to illegal operators to route international calls to india.

If you are caught with such a setup, you will become famous in a few days  :D

32066[/snapback]

And reliance is also one of them, BTW I don't see any legal problem

in discussing all these things as long as you are not using these knowledge

against the law :-).

Cheers ...............................

Dudes..

This topic was deleted! I had to plead to get it reinstated. So, lets complete the discussion. Yes, this can be used as a VOIP gateway.. however interesting and "creative" it might be... international VOIP gateway is illegal in India.. but not national VOIP gateways.!! Many companies do use VOIP to make national calls (some even international!). Lets avoid discussing on the legality of the issue...are you with me? :D

Questions need to be answered!

1. Someone needs to share their personal experience here on the thread.

2. Are the driver different from the one on reliance website.

3. The "CDMA node" software, how does that work?

4. Is it really possible to make and answer calls using RD2030 with an external dialer (via computer? )

5. Can a similar software be designed to place/receive calls via computer?

PS: Chirag stay away from this thread ;) You are the "Terminator" of the forum :P

Beetle

PS: Chirag stay away from this thread :D You are the "Terminator" of the forum ;)

32084[/snapback]

:P Lolz... I had not even pushed it to the Junkyard!! Doesn't matter. U continue messing ;)

Rakesh. Here the logic behind the CDMA node. Its like an SMS gateway, but this gateway for VOIP.

You CDMA phone is connected to the computer, and when somebody calls that phone, it is answered by the computer program. The program then routes the call thru VOIP over longdistances (sometimes even overseas!). If you have a VOIP subscription (costs only 20$s a month for unlimited free calls within US, Europe, Canada, Mexico and few other countries) you can route the call from india, via your VOIP CDMA node to these counties for no recurring charges.

Above is an example of a business opportunity. But, the reason this thread was started was to show the ability to receive and make calls using RD 2030 via computer.

---snipped---

Above is an example of a business opportunity. But, the reason this thread was  started was to show the ability to receive and make calls using RD 2030 via computer.

32196[/snapback]

Dear Beetle

It's an illegal buisness opportunity, as far as indian law is concerned, even there are

ways to illegaly get an access to the switch/routers of the BSNL exchang and program

it to do nasty or masqueraded operations but that does'nt make it a legal buisness

opportunity, apart from that it reiquires an in-depth knowladge of the system operating

at the BSNL exchange, something far difficult then downloading, installing and anouncing

as being a geek :-).

The cdma node thingy you guyz being discussing is nothing more than a combination of

proxies of sip2cdma and cdma2sip stack.

RD2030 or any CDMA terminal can communicate with the computer w/o any huss,

given that you have an appropriate program for this, or have access to the programming

specificaion of the chipeset being used in given phone, so you can write one yourself :-).

Cheers ........................................

I don't know why ;) but I'm feeling that this thread is going to face big trouble like clonning thread! ;)

Dacodecz, you r quite right! Yes, and apart from the BSNL switch, it is possible to spoof the caller id!

Has anybody tried the CDMA node? I dont have a CDMA phone, I dont have a Reliance Phone, hence no experience about the CDMA node.

Dacodecz, you r quite right! Yes, and apart from the BSNL switch, it is possible to spoof the caller id!

Has anybody tried the CDMA node? I dont have a CDMA phone, I dont have a Reliance Phone, hence no experience about the CDMA node.

hmmm better not have one since its illegal,this forum is being watched heavily :)

hmmm better not have one since its illegal,this forum is being watched heavily :)

32260[/snapback]

Hey guyz, what's reliance have to say about this setup for an office or home.

Well bsnl PSTN phone can be used to serve an office/home EPBX.

Cheers .....................