Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

2 hours ago, bigbyte said:

Jio sim is now available easily at least here in Mumbai and navi mumbai. They are giving it at all reliance retail outlets like sahkari bhandar or reliance fresh etc. They are also conducting camps in housing society for distribution of sim cards.

All these places e kyc is available. They are finding it easier and cost effective.
However internet speeds are very less if you don't get band 40. Speed on band 5 is less then the evdo speeds, and even on band 3 it is less than 3g speed.

Yes you are right - Last week I procured Jio SIM for my wife. In the morning at about 9:40 A.M. to Digital Xpress mini to inquire the position and the guy told me that you can come any time after 10 A.M. and collect the SIM - I asked him if I can come arounf 1 P.M. and he said that it would be much better - so I went to the store with my wife along with Aadhar card at about 1:30 P.M. & generated the Coupon code on the spot on my handset since there were lot of complains regarding 'already used' issue last week though the guy said that now they have changed the digits of the coupon code and complains have stopped.

Then the while doing eKYC he found that server is not getting connected - he tried several times then asked us to come at around 5 P.M. and check (2 to 3 more person were also there for sim apart us). Everyone then left the store but we kept waiting and told him that we will wait and see for a while before leaving. Within 15 minutes the server got connected and he gave us the sim after eKYC verification. We returned home after doing some more shopping and didn't try the sim for two hours and when I inserted the SIM it was already ready for activation and after dialing 1977 got activated without inputting last 4 digits of Aadhar card.

On checking the coupon code in depth - I found that it was exactly the IMEI number of the Handset from which I generated it using MyJio app. So now the SIM will only get activated if inserted in the same handset and can be used in any handset after activation. Seems they have changed the coupon code to prevent the 'already used' issue.

Before going to Digital Xpress Mini I had inquired at a local store on the same day while recharging data pack for my other SIM for generating code - Was told that they don't have eKYC so it will take 7 to 8 days for activation and ₹300 charge (one person paid in front of me and gave copy of aadhar card and photograph also after which sim was handed over to him and he was told that the form will be filled by the Jio staff them self)

Still lot of people are not aware that there is no rush at all at the Jio store and SIM is easily available - and local stores are taking advantage of this.

Is it true that reliance is now offering 2 year unlimited calling and internet with purchase of LYF Flame 7S? Anyone aware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, maniac8828 said:

Is it true that reliance is now offering 2 year unlimited calling and internet with purchase of LYF Flame 7S? Anyone aware?

Its not true unless you get it in writing officially. Just ignore the rumors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maniac8828 said:

Lot of rumors, apps & fraud websites are floating around - so be careful and only communicate with Jio Reliance digital Xpress or Mini stores for any information.

• Like 2

As presumed Jio today announced " Happy new year Offer " FREE till 31st March 2017.

This offer is for new customers and available from 4rth December 2016.

Existing customers will be automatically switched to this Offer on 1st January 2017 - So Mukesh Ambani said in his speech that no need to buy New Sim for availing New Offer. ;)

Edited by LTE4G

1 GB per day limit will be applicable for the Happy New Year offer

1 GB per day limit will be applicable for the Happy New Year offer

1 GB per day limit speed going down to 128kbps speed post that now users have an option to recharge data 51 rs for 1GB with one day validity and 6 gb at 330 or something with 28 days validity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

1 GB per day limit speed going down to 128kbps speed post that now users have an option to recharge data 51 rs for 1GB with one day validity and 6 gb at 330 or something with 28 days validity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if I want to use data beyond FUP at full speed?

Jio has introduced 2 vouchers for both its prepaid and postpaid customers, using which, you can avail high speed internet beyond FUP limit 
MRP Rs. 51 – 1 GB valid for 1 day 
MRP Rs. 301 – 6 GB valid for 28 days

What if I do multiple recharges of the same data add-on voucher?

These vouchers will be queued up for usage only once the first voucher has expired. 
This superior benefit is provided only by Jio to its customers.

Is my 1 day data add-on valid for 24 hours or will it expire at midnight of the day I’ve purchased it?

We believe in passing on complete benefits to our customers. 
Hence, unlike the industry practice of expiring a 1 day voucher at midnight, we provide complete 24 hour validity for that voucher.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

^^ I am guessing that is from the Jio website.

7 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Jio has introduced 2 vouchers for both its prepaid and postpaid customers, using which, you can avail high speed internet beyond FUP limit 

Since they have mentioned "prepaid and postpaid customers", I think that is for the FUP limit in the paid plans and not in the Free Welcome plan since the speed changes to 128 kbps with unlimited data transfer.

16 minutes ago, Arun said:

^^ I am guessing that is from the Jio website.

Since they have mentioned "prepaid and postpaid customers", I think that is for the FUP limit in the paid plans and not in the Free Welcome plan since the speed changes to 128 kbps with unlimited data transfer.

Yes ! That is from Jio website. I have just mentioned a few important FAQs regarding explanation/clarification as posted under " Happy new year Offer " by Jio on their website.

The recharge is for "Happy new year Offer" users who want to enjoy 4G data beyond per day FUP benefit and is mentioned under "Happy new year Offer" FAQs.

So Jio has exactly acted the way we had suggested in our forum in our older posts that Jio should impose some restrictions for data misuse and charge nominal amount for genuine users in order to stop network congestion and provide better service.

Edited by LTE4G