Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

MyJio App

My Jio app version 3.2.10 was giving the option "Get jio SIM" though I was already having the Jio SIM in my mobile and connected to Jio 4G network, but after updating the My Jio app to 3.2.11 it is not offering any more. I got the SIM without generating code so it was not required though.

May be the IMEI of my slot got registered. I will check by swapping slots - not yet tried.

Update:

I think it was due to detection of Jio SIM and Jio Network - I found a workaround which again gives the option to generate code with Jio SIM in my handset and connected through Jio 4G network.:D:D:D

Workaround: Disconnect Internet - Force stop My Jio app - now open My Jio app - it will show no internet on top - wait for few seconds for the app to settle background checks - now connect internet and wait for a while - within seconds you will see the option "Get Jio SIM" without fail.;)

Edited by LTE4G

Jio is undergoing a Renaming session:

JPO is converted to JWO.

JioPlay is now JioTV.

JioOnDemand is now JioCinema.

JioBeats is now JioMusic.

JioJoin is now Jio4GVoice.

JioDrive is now JioCloud,

SwitchToJio is now JioSwitch.

JioNewsPaper is an addition to Android exclusive apps with existing Jio4GVoice & JioSecurity.

JioBroadcast (unreleased works along with JioBroadcastAgentv1 & JioBroadcastAgent2) is an upcoming app for Live streaming.

:D

• Like 1

MyJio App app update 3.2.23 released on 2nd Jan 2017 has incorporated some New features as mentioned below :-

• Now there are 2 tabs DASHBOARD and BALANCE on the main page - see below.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-22-03-44-928_com.jio.myjioa.png

• Balance tab shows the amount of Data balance out of total 1GB (valid for 1 day / 24 hours) along with the Reset time below when the 1GB fresh quota will get renewed again. Please note this Reset time is different for different users and not Midnight (I compared my and my wife's Data reset time to find out this).

Screenshot_2017-01-03-22-04-03-749_com.jio.myjioa.png

• Under the plan now only Current plan is visible unlike before where all the plans including Base plan valid till 2036 was also shown.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-22-04-40-527_com.jio.myjioa.png

• Like 1

Good News!! 

New option "My Vouchers" is now available in MyJio app (version 3.2.38).

Purchased vouchers can be used/utilised at will & even transfered to other numbers.

See below :

IMG_20170513_210059.thumb.jpg.4ab4dc52aa5b861056fa52fffd7ab75d.jpg

But recharge history is still not available - so my vouchers are not listed there too.

Expecting Jio will fix it soon. :oops:

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Called Jio care today to inquire about my recharges not showing under recharge history as well as My Vouchers - the executive confirmed that all my recharges are listed in their system but due to some technical upgradation issue will not appear in MyJio app and will be fixed soon.

So if anyone having doubts about his multiple recharges not appearing in history or My Vouchers can call and get it confirmed.

As long as it is showing in their system "All is well". :)

I beg to disagree... Till it is NOT shown to us, ALL IS NOT WELL, even though its showing in their system correctly (which we can't be sure as this is the case for a long period). I wonder what kinda system they are using???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I beg to disagree... Till it is NOT shown to us, ALL IS NOT WELL, even though its showing in their system correctly (which we can't be sure as this is the case for a long period). I wonder what kinda system they are using???

Yes you are also right.

But I said "All is well" for myself - since my recharges were reflecting in Jio's system whereas there are people around who have recharged and still have no clue.....:confuse:

And the best (worst) part is that Jio is also clueless.... :oops:

yeah, there are huge problems with both jio app and their website. even the recharge history option is not available in my app now. as for the plans, they only show the current plans. some days back i tried to recharge the 999 plan a couple of times unsuccessfully. or so it seemed. turns out both recharges were successful. which means i would have to use up 60+60 GB within 2 months or else the data would go to waste. 

i called up jio customer care like 10 or 11 times. each time, the customer care executives were either clueless themselves, or told me they'd call me back (which they never did), or told me to email them with my complaints (which i did and received no solution as yet).

the problem with not being able to see your recharge history or queued up plans is that you are not aware of the expiry dates of your other plans except for the current one. hence, it becomes difficult for you to organize or plan on how and when to use your data.

another big problem i have is with the expiry date of plans. for instance, if i use up my current plan (let's say 999 GB) today with 30 days remaining before the expiry of this plan, then i would have to wait for another 30 days from today before my next queued up plan becomes active unless i buy a top up of 6 GB for which again there is an expiry period of 30 days. why can't jio just provide us with the flexibility of either the expiry date or the end of data, whichever comes first. 

@Njwm don't worry. In Jio, the double Rs999 recharge you have done will be in the queue and so it's not 60+60GB = 120GB to be completed in 60 days. It's actually 60GB in 60 days and then again 60GB on next 60 days. Yes, it's 120GB in 120 days.

Reg your second doubt, yes the booster validity is confusing as well as irritating for sure. Jio must do something about it. Or atleast release more variety of boosters to give good choice for customers.

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

On 14/6/2017 at 10:44 AM, Nijwm Bwiswmuthiary said:

the problem with not being able to see your recharge history or queued up plans is that you are not aware of the expiry dates of your other plans except for the current one. hence, it becomes difficult for you to organize or plan on how and when to use your data.

Yes ! they have removed "recharge history" option from everywhere but now they have introduced a new option called "My Vouchers" in MyJio App which is explained in my post here. The main change is that - now you can choose from your recharge collection which will appear under "My Vouchers" as when & which recharge voucher you want to activate. So your recharges are safe & will appear under "My Vouchers" when the feature is fully enabled by Jio & will not show Queued under My Plans as before. Though this is a good option but is yet not fully implemented by Jio :( (Half work done).

which means i would have to use up 60+60 GB within 2 months or else the data would go to waste. 

@KanagaDeepan has already clarified this.

another big problem i have is with the expiry date of plans. for instance, if i use up my current plan (let's say 999 GB) today with 30 days remaining before the expiry of this plan, then i would have to wait for another 30 days from today before my next queued up plan becomes active unless i buy a top up of 6 GB for which again there is an expiry period of 30 days.

Once you exhaust your data, you can go for multiple top ups as & when required (Jio's way of handling recharged is different). Jio gives you the opportunity to choose a plan as per your estimated data requirement for a fixed period such as 28 days or 60 days etc. & if by chance you exhaust your data before the expiry of your plan you can choose any top up to keep the things going - so it is up to you to calculate your estimated data usage properly or you will end up paying extra for multiple top ups within the expiry of prevailing plan (do remember FREE calls & 100 SMSes per day are also associated with the Plan so validity matters).

Edited by LTE4G

Those looking for recharge history - here is a solution. Recharge history can be seen in the MyJio App using the statement option.

1. Open MyJio App.

2. From left menu select "My statement".

3. Select the period when the recharge was done. Only 30 days apart date can be used.

4. Wait for the statement to load. If it fails retry. After trying for few times finally it will load.

5. Once the statement appears - select the summary tab. Click on the "Recharge History" to expand. You will be able to see the recharge history as shown below. You can further click and expand each Recharge to view the transaction details.

IMG_20170626_201116.thumb.jpg.a64ad7c17a3df87ed25356cba7d8d52a.jpg

If the summary is empty then it means there was no recharge during that particular period which you have selected. So change the date and retry.

6. You can download the statement in PDF format by clicking the download button on the right top corner. You should download and keep a copy since you can only retrieve statements for last 180 days. (There is also an "email" option to send the statement to your registered email in the download menu)

Edited by LTE4G

Updated MyJio app now provides more details of account as well as upcoming plans queued after current plan under "Plan Details" TAB in all generated "My Statements".

See the screenshot below :

IMG_20170706_162834.thumb.jpg.63af2413f6e2b4ac866aeb7312598e65.jpg

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 2

when did this update come?

Mine is still not updated

Good.. Now waiting for it to show in MyPlans section, most probably after 15th July (at least for Rs999 users).

4 hours ago, srk006 said:

when did this update come?

Mine is still not updated

Go to Google play Store & manually update it. The version is 3.2.41.

Thank God! Here is some Good News for all.

The "Upcoming Plan" option is re-enabled under My Plan in MyJio app.

I wonder what is the use of "Activate" button under "Upcoming Plan"? Does it allow the user to activate the upcoming plan before the expiry of current plan at will or select any particular plan of our choice from among the upcoming plans?

IMG_20170813_091751.thumb.jpg.da7af4a0b6307b3b966b118428bf98c3.jpg

IMG_20170813_092059.thumb.jpg.8f738202711cde3c6c19f0268226ce8b.jpg

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

YAY... Great news.. Yes, the activate button allows us to choose the selected pack to be used IMMEDIATELY instead of using costly TopUps, when data got exhausted.

I have just activated JDDD 399 plan even along with my running 149 plan (whose data got finished). It just asks for confirmation (as shown in the picture below) and you are good to go...

598ffc36052c0_WhatsAppImage2017-08-13at12_41_31PM.thumb.jpeg.f86e58b9d5166cd9991a7ac0501b1112.jpeg

----------------------

This is easily single biggest and best change Jio has done in its SW. It is still much better than Top-Ups, imho... I love JIO...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Yes, the activate button allows us to choose the selected pack to be used IMMEDIATELY instead of using costly TopUps, when data got exhausted.

Does this mean that we are at liberty to choose from any of my upcoming plan irrespective of their order. I mean if I have ₹149*3 already listed and suppose now I recharge with ₹399, will I be able to activate ₹399 plan when my current plan approaches expiry?

If so then this is a Real life saver imho. I do appreciate Jio's constant endeavour to provide a better / friendly environment for its customers as lot of users who had done multiple recharges were stuck and were unable to avail the benefits of new offers, but this activation feature has removed that barrier.

Jio is listening..... :wub:

20 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Does this mean that we are at liberty to choose from any of my upcoming plan irrespective of their order. I mean if I have ₹149*3 already listed and suppose now I recharge with ₹399, will I be able to activate ₹399 plan when my current plan approaches expiry?

Yes.. This is EXACTLY what happened. I have just now activated Rs399 recharge JDDD NOW and it got activated within minutes. Now the Dashboard shows I am in DDD plan instead of SuSu plan earlier.

Another plus is -- This facility will help us to complete many Rs149 prime recharges in same month. Good going Jio. "THE CHOICE" of using the recharges we have done already is a very big plus and NEVER EVER heard in Indian Telecom. Jio will continue to kick as$ for sure...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

"THE CHOICE" of using the recharges we have done already is a very big plus and NEVER EVER heard in Indian Telecom. Jio will continue to kick as$ for sure...

Yes! This is indeed a "wow" feature.:clap1:

The latest version of MyJio app wants access to microphone also in addition to earlier permissions. It already has access to all phone calls and can also make/receive its own calls. Wonder if they are using it to spy on the users. Seriously thinking of removing from phone.

12 hours ago, commonman said:

The latest version of MyJio app wants access to microphone also in addition to earlier permissions. It already has access to all phone calls and can also make/receive its own calls. Wonder if they are using it to spy on the users. Seriously thinking of removing from phone.

Camera & Microphone permission is not enabled by default - so no need to worry about. Go to Installed apps > Downloaded > MyJio app > App permissions (scroll down to access) & check. Only 5 permissions are enabled. Clear data and force stop the app. When you start MyJio - it will ask you to enable /allow only those 5 permissions.

3 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Camera & Microphone permission is not enabled by default - so no need to worry about. Go to Installed apps > Downloaded > MyJio app > App permissions (scroll down to access) & check. Only 5 permissions are enabled. Clear data and force stop the app. When you start MyJio - it will ask you to enable /allow only those 5 permissions.

I posted only after verifying. The app now needs following permissions.

Phone - directly call numbers

SMS - read/send SMS/MMS

Camera - take pictures

mike - record audio

location - approximate location

Call log

Modify/delete contents on SD card

Find accounts on device

Wifi - connect/disconnect wifi, full access with internet

bluetooth - access/pair with other device

I tried to block its access to mike & camera in RN3. App responded that it would not work with these access

2 hours ago, commonman said:

I posted only after verifying. The app now needs following permissions.

Phone - directly call numbers

SMS - read/send SMS/MMS

Camera - take pictures

mike - record audio

location - approximate location

Call log

Modify/delete contents on SD card

Find accounts on device

Wifi - connect/disconnect wifi, full access with internet

bluetooth - access/pair with other device

I tried to block its access to mike & camera in RN3. App responded that it would not work with these access

I am using RN3 & it is working fine with Camera and Microphone permission off/disabled.

Try Clearing the data & force stop the app. On the first run it will ask you to enable 5 permissions only viz :- Contacts, Location, SMS, Storage & Telephone. I have done this several times (to verify) and found that it offer 5 permissions only on the first run and Camera & Microphone permission remains disabled. It will only ask permission for Camera when you will try to add your own picture by clicking "add photo" in profile settings. No clue about Microphone permission.

While disabling permission, all apps respond that the app may not work if you disable any permission - but they work and if you click on any option which requires that particular permission only then it will show a pop-up asking you to allow /enable that particular permission.

Edited by LTE4G