Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
suyalasit

Difference Between Line 1 & Line 2

hey techies

in the select line under settings menu there is an option to choose Line#1 or Line#2. Earlier incoming/outgoing were possible only through line#1 now either of them can be used. what does it signify?? n which 1's better??

Yeah, i rem distinctly tht i used to mess around with Line2 unknowingly and think tht i cant make or recieve calls and its a Rel prob.

I jus checked and am able to make n recieve calls using Line2!

usually Line 2 shud have been reserved for another no. on the same phone. Something that ORANGE(Mumbai) provides(dual no. simcard)

But maybe Reliance might have kept Line2 as the same no. coz ppl tend to mess with it and then blame reliance for no service!

Does anyone have any official knowing on this?

Hi people,

As far as i know,

Line one and line two are the same numbers...

But with line two you can only make calls, not receive calls....

I Still dont understand what its use is for now...

Maybe it will have some later application like having two numbers for the same mobile....

Love,

pretender

But with line two you can only make calls, not receive calls....

I Still dont understand what its use is for now...

Maybe it will have some later application like having two numbers for the same mobile....

Hi pretender,

wat chirag meant was,

now you can make/receive calls in both line1/line2 :clap:

NAM 2 (Line 2) doesnt work on my Samsung A563!!! :) It says "Looking For Service..." and I don't get any signal either!

But I guess there is no use for it unless RIM provides two phone nos on a single mobile!

Are any of you guys getting NAM 2 on your Samsung handsets?

Something interesting here... but still of no relevance!

I wrote to the customer care abt this new Line 1 and Line 2 issue...

Surprisingly instead of getting an email in response, they called me up from 02230333333 !! And the dude tries to explain me... heres wht we talked..

RIM: Sir, we recd ur email abt the Line1 / Line2 issue. Actually, Line2 can be used if u have another no. from Reliance on ur handset and then u can switch between two of ur nos. (*as if i never knew this... but i heard it patiently*). Sir, but this facility of having nos. on 1 handset is not yet avl. Once it is avl u shall obtain a new no. and would be able to use Line 1 as well as Line 2.

ME: So?

RIM: Sir, this is all... as of now u cannot use Line 2!

ME: But dude, this was not my question!

RIM: Oh.. so can u tell me what more u want to know abt this?

ME: I want to know, how come Line 2 is active on my phone, and i am able to use it? And wud there be any difference if i used any of the two?

RIM: Oh is it? Can u pls stay on hold, i'll check upon this and get back....

(He goes back .. supposedly checks up and comes back...)

RIM: Sir, i've just checked it up, and incase u r able to use Line2, i am not really sure how... but it might just be on for testing purposes. But its always advisable to keep the phone on Line 1!

ME: alrite... (I hang up, feeling disgusted n not getting an adequate reply)! :lol:

damn, they know nothing! lol.... Anyways, am seriously thinking whether, its possible to not get billed if the phone is kept on Line 2 and used! What do u'll have to say? Coz, technically my MDN is associated only with Line1 !! Then...? Just thinking... Comments awaited...

Additions...

I got a confirmation email as well... lol .. too much of customer service ;)

With  reference  to  your e-mail and subsequent telephonic conversation had with  you  regarding Line1 and Line2 option, we hope that we have been able

to give you the required information.

Get me my bill, duds! :(

Hey chirag...

Seeing your post.. i was going to change my line to line #2

Surprisingly i found that i have been using the phone with Line #2 selected :(

I dint knew this :lol: ... It was working perfectly..

Also my unibilled amount changed according to the calls i made..

So tat means you will be charged in both the lines ;)

hehehe.. awwrite! thnx!

Ok let me try to explain the meaning of using line 1 and line 2. Suppose u r on line 1 and u r talking with someone. Now when u wanna take some one in conference u can dial another number (keeping the first one on hold) and after connecting the other pal using line 2 u can connect both and so all 3 of u will be in a conference. Thats the use of line 1 and line 2. I think this will clarify ur doubts of line 1 and line 2. As such on some phones line 2 is active and on some line 1 is active. ;):confuse:

r u sure both line 1 and line 2 are used during call conferencing ? iwas under the impression all calls made or recd are done so from the same line ... ???

please dont confuse..see u can have more than a number in a single moible...itz normally comes as default in handset software..so that u can have more numbers..so dont confuse this with that...

Ok let me try to explain the meaning of using line 1 and line 2. Suppose u r on line 1 and u r talking with someone. Now when u wanna take some one in conference u can dial another number (keeping the first one on hold) and after connecting the other pal using line 2 u can connect both and so all 3 of u will be in a conference. Thats the use of line 1 and line 2. I think this will clarify ur doubts of line 1 and line 2. As such on some phones line 2 is active and on some line 1 is active.  ;)   :confuse:

I think u r confused between the use of CALL CONFERENCING and <LINE 1 and LINE 2>

Sudhir, as of now we do not get additional MDNs(Phone Nos.) for use on LINE 2 and hence obviosuly u cannot conference between the two lines!

Wht u r talking abt is CALL CONFERENCING! Click tht link to know more..

Hi guys!

many people want to know what is the diff. between Line#1 & Line#2.

if u select Line#1, u can normaly do everything like phone calls , SMS, using

R-World, R-Connect,etc.

but if u select Line#2, u can not use R-World and R-Connect.

when u try to open anything in R-World, it will give u error.

So whats the use of this line 1 and line 2.Can we use this to implement 2 phone connections?

Line 1 & Line 2 is the equivalent of GSM phones that support 2 SIM cards.

Line 1 & 2 effectively give you the ability to have two differnet phone numbers on one phone. Unfortunately RIM doesnt support it yet - and probably never will - why sell one phone when you can sell two says mukesh!

However if you change the ESN/MIN etc etc for line 2 - you can use it as a second number can you not?

Like can i recieve calls simultaneously on both nos :) what if i call someone from line 1 and someone call onto my line 2 what happens then. if anyone knows more abt it kindy elaborate about how they work together. did 2 sims work out anywhere in india

but if u select Line#2, u can not use R-World and R-Connect.

when u try to open anything in R-World, it will give u error.

Well i'm able to make calls use r world on line 2 . My s/w version is 15. any comment guys

well it is still just one phone - so and to swith between Line 1 & 2 and (NAM 1 & 2 - Samsung) you have to restart your phone - so both lines will not work at the same time! It's useful for when you have a personnal phone and a company provided phone - and you use one for outgoing/incoming during the day and the other at night (or someother similar usage)!

If its not possible to implement . Then whats the use of the option . maybe its used for different schemes . dapo on line 1 and joy on line 2.

huh?

I am wondering whether u guys have never used 2 nos. on one phone ever?

Its like a very old thing in mumbai. Orange(Hutch) provides this service of having 2 nos on 1 Sim Card for almost a yr now!

I dont really know whether both Line1 n Line2 can b active together. But its surely something interesting! Where employees of companies do prefer to have official n personal nos. on the same phone, and simple ppl having small biz also can have this service! the best part is tht u dont require 2 different phone books!! Its almost like having 2 cellphones at a same time!

Lets see when Reliance Officially starts the service. But as of now, they've activated Line2 as well for the phones, coz ppl accidentally go into Line2 and wonder y they r not able to make n receive calls... and get frustrated with the phone!!! :) so they have allowed the same no. to function on Line2 as well... Though CustomerCare dudes, dont acknowledge this fact. But i am able to use both the lines as of now!

well I'm not a real techie - but on my Samsung A-563 if I go to the Akey option - I do get to change settings for NAM 1 & NAM 2 seperately!

And to quote my manual -

Set NAM (Menu 9-2-2)

NAM stands for Numerical Assignment Module, essentially your phone number. Your phone can have two NAMs. This means that you can have two phones numbers for using your phone and can quickly and easily switch your service back and forth between the two numbers.

This option is not available on Reliance network. Do not change this setting and use NAM 1 only.

RTFM people!

And Chirag - RIM will probably never allow using both lines (NAM 1 & 2) - I for sure still can't use it on my mobile from Calcutta - simply because they can sell two handsets for 2 phone numbers! If they sell just one - then it will be loss! The situation is different for Hutch and the rest of the GSM gang!

my 2030's version is just 11 and im not able to recieve or make calls when i switch over to line 2. it just recognizes the network, but apart from that, it is useless.

i havent upgraded it though i knew of the updates in the software because i didnt want to spend time overwriting the tones and wallpapers that ive uploaded with bitpim with ones in the rworld. is it actually legal to do it? i mean, using bitpim to upload the tones and the wallpapers? its our phone after all...

i mean, using bitpim to upload the tones and the wallpapers? its our phone after all...

Strictly speaking - NOT LEGAL.

Let's say R-World goes paid and then U need to pay to get New Ringtones and bypassing that - can it be legal ??

There are other issues too(handset warranty related etc)..

Just to spark some discussion :quest: