Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sundua

Charging Mobile In Train

:unsure: Hi all

This Topic is little tricky and technical

The LG2030 charger says it works from 100 to 220v (AC)

In trains usually 110 v DC is availble and (to rhe best of my knowledge) the charger converts mains AC to DC before it starts using it

which means can I charge by directly connecting it to a light point in the train

I understand it is illegal. But railways is keen on providing mobile charging facility

at least in upper classes

say first class or Air con classes

Any answers ??

Why do all that when all u will need to do is use a 9v battery *USB activator cable (the diagram for which is available at a lot of places) and a USB Charger cable...

Why a train?

Mobile requires 5V DC, so whaever 100/200 V needs to be brough down to 5. The transformer in the charger needs AC, it can not convert DC 100 to 5. Refer 12th physics text for reason. So not possible.

Mobile requires 5V DC, so whaever 100/200 V needs to be brough down to 5. The transformer in the charger needs AC, it can not convert DC 100 to 5. Refer 12th physics text for reason. So not possible.

36910[/snapback]

Very true...

But yes u can try to buy a Step-down adapter (about Rs. 350 unbranded) for step-down from 100v dc to 4.2v dc (it is 4.2v dc)...

But why bother ? ? moreover how funny it is going to look like when the TT comes over to check tickets and sees a guy hanging his mobile from the fan ... CHARGING IT!!!

:)

Cheers

Ashok

LOL!!!

The power supply on Indian trains are not that reliable.....

Its better to keep an extra battery when going on lengthy journeys!!!

its better not to try charging the phones in train... may end up with burned phone

hey frens when I had a 2030 I tried it once its dangerous I just burnt my charger then and it was under warranty so I didn't feel the damage but now I won't do that ever again with my 6130...

Solar charger with multiple output support would help commonly when prices will be down

New bogeys will be having all kinda charging facility.

yeah! and Imagine that in Mumbai ... how long do u think someone can actuallly charge his mobile in a Virar Local...

Cheers

Ashok

Well me not talking about local trains, one of my relative work for indian railways on Sr post told me new bogeys coming with loads of new things in it one of em was charging facility for laptops and cellphones.

hmmm... then I better decide stick on to check it out!

Cheers

Ashok

Hi i have seen charging points in trains atleast in the AC coaches its near the entry points near the wash basins

.., n i have used it i dont know abt non-ac boggies ................. so please find.............

which world are you guys staying in what I was talking about was in october 2004 when I travelled in Bangalore Rajdhani I had laptop and mobile charging points on all the seats... not on toilets that was there long back in bangalore trains...

hey even in volvo coaches I have charged my cell soooooooooooooo many times..... hope u guys have seenthis atleast....

Well rajdhanis always have this facility i believe. now its gonna be there in sleeper coachs also.