Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mhimanshu2003

Rconnect Disconnects After 1 Min On Win Xp

Hi All.

Till week, The RConnect (See my Prievious POST on :Rconenct Hangs in WIn Xp abut works on Win98SE) was having some problems.I resolved those but now I am facing new problems.

I use my laptop (Win XP Profession) to connect to RConnect.As Soonas I conenct to t he dialer ,It connects and works fine for only 1 min or so and then it goes to dormancy state. Hanging up everything.

I tried the pinging softewareI was able to ping to the first hop for 1 min for which hte Rconenct the running. Then it reports request time out messgaes. ,or Destination unreachable

At this stage the ipconfig reports no IP address,which explains the reason for the tiumeout messages.

I am having Norton Internet security installed.with PErsonal Firewall turned off.

Cananyone help meout.?

Thanks

Mayank

Forgot to add the Phone is LGRD2130

Edited by Vishal Gupta

lookk I am famous for writing tweaks abt XP.. u can search for it on google by just typing desijallad read them u'll find something usefulll.......

and most importantly...

if XPSP2=true then

U SHD HV NO PROB

else

U HV a pirated XP install a firewall or use avast!

end if

this lopp shd solve ur problem else desijallad@hotmail.com or pm me

awaiting an early reply

desijallad

man do one thing open Networkconncetions then right click properties of ur Rconnect , in that on General Tab u will find one button called configure. in that remove all the tickmarks HADRWARE FEATURES. i mean u have to disable all the options. disable XP inbuilt firewall. after that do a proper shutdown of ur laptop & restart again.

I am too facing same problem, it just hangs after 2-5 mins of usage with status on my LG 5120 as Dormancy.

Tried your suggestion but no luck :)

man i dont know yaarc wot r they saying .... if u believe desijallad install a firewall or simple XPSP2 or norton internet security

as the bandwidth is more of reliance Outsiders intrusions are more on RCONNECT so thats Y!.....

neway thats ur choice

desijallad

Yes all hotfixes installed - I did run windows update and BTW its same on my home PC - XPSP2, Laptop XPSP2 and my office PC windows 2000 at all places it just works for 2-5mins then goes in dormancy mode.

Yes all hotfixes installed - I did run windows update and BTW its same on my home PC - XPSP2, Laptop XPSP2 and my office PC windows 2000 at all places it just works for 2-5mins then goes in dormancy mode.

37071[/snapback]

Run the RConnect Ping application immediately after you connect to Net.

It finds the first hop and pings it. It may work fine... No guarantees!!!

You can get it from here

http://www.deepu.info/pingapp.zip

now i hope ther eis some network problem or ur cable is correct i dont hv ne such XPeriences

mm today I see change worked for 1:32 hrs continusolty.. strange maybe network issue.. cable is newly bought 2 days back.

mm today I see change worked for 1:32 hrs continusolty.. strange maybe network issue.. cable is newly bought 2 days back.

37148[/snapback]

What was the change you made.? My Cable works fine for WIndows 98SE I was able to browse the net for 4 hours on WIn98SE. but not even 1 min on WinXP SP2 on my laptop.

Suggestiong's Invited

I changed nothing.. and BTW it just worked once.... now again it hangs/stop after 5 mins or sometimes after 15-20 mins.

I have gone now for rconnect card for 9900.

Hope that will work fine with my laptop and desktop, waiting for my card to be delivered.

Not for now, you need to 'book and wait' to get one.

Hi All.

Till week, The RConnect (See my Prievious POST on :Rconenct Hangs in WIn Xp abut works on Win98SE) was having some problems.I resolved those but now I am facing new problems.

I use my laptop (Win XP Profession) to connect to RConnect.As Soonas I conenct to t he dialer ,It connects and works fine for only 1 min or so and then it goes to dormancy state. Hanging up everything.

I tried the pinging softewareI was able to ping to the first hop for 1 min for which hte Rconenct the running. Then it reports request time out messgaes. ,or  Destination unreachable

At this stage the ipconfig reports no IP address,which explains the reason for the tiumeout messages.

I am having Norton Internet security installed.with PErsonal Firewall turned off.

Cananyone help meout.?

Thanks

Mayank

Forgot to add the Phone is LGRD2130

36964[/snapback]

I used to have the same problem while using Rconnect with LG RD 7130 and 6130. After lots of R&D, I found out a simple solution and it worked very well for me. Check if the Windows wirewall in 'ON' or not for Rconnect connection. If not, activate it and restart.....hopefully it will work.

And if its already 'ON' and still facing this issue....., then I guess you need to install security updates available so far win xp.

Cheers!

I used to have the same problem while using Rconnect with LG RD 7130 and 6130. After lots of R&D, I found out a simple solution and it worked very well for me. Check if the Windows wirewall in 'ON' or not for Rconnect connection. If not, activate it and restart.....hopefully it will work.

And if its already 'ON' and still facing this issue....., then I guess you need to install security updates available so far win xp.

Cheers!

37658[/snapback]

I have deactivated the Windws Firewall,I have all the security updates insatlled for SP2 .How do I activate Firewall for just only Rconnect

please help

In the Windows Firewall settings in "Security Center" of Windows XP SP2, you can activate firewall for R-Connect alone, i guess.

this is not from your side the all problems for rconnect is from reliance head end only. they are telling this problem will solve on 28 of this month. wait... :)

August 25th is what they told me last week. They just issue a temporary date, it keeps on getting extended forever !

Hi...

Even I face this problem with xp, have a 6130 and ftdi local cable, disconnects after a minute. But i have zone alarm firewall also. so should i activate windows firewall?

Any other solution will be appreciated.

You don't have to activate both Zone Alarm and Windows firewall. Have you checked whether the connection drops after a minute, after disabling the firewalls ?

Please send me some description, about the phone and modem status with phone model and type of connection through USB or COM. I describe question one by one.

A. Click on Start > Connect To and right click on your connection name and click on Properties. and give detail of the Following option. As i described here.

1. What is Idle time before hanging up setting, in Option Tab of R Connect properties Windows.

2. There are any change (i.e. detail given) in the X25 Option. Click on it and Check.

3. Click on Networking Tab. Check Which Option are select in This connection uses the following items:, Also check the properties of these option, and give detail of the option which are checked or selected.

4. Click on Settings tab, and give the detail of the checked option.

5. Click on the Advance Tab and Give detail of the Firewall, whether it is checked or not.

6. Click on General option, click on Configure option and give the detail of the option which are checked or selected.

Close this RConnect Properties.

B. Now click on Start > Control Panel and Double click on Phone and Modem option. Give description one by one.

1. Click on Modems Tab, select your modem and click on your modem (if there is more than one modem present give detail of the modem and Attached to.), and click on Properties.

2. Click on Modem Tab and give description of selected option.

3. Now Click on Advanced and give details of the Extra Initialization commands, which are put here.

Please send me description and also if any new thing or mysterious thing you find. Also describe if u used any type of Security Sofware ( Spyware, Adware, Antivirus, Firewall) which are loaded during Start UP.

I will try to help u.

Thanks and Take Care!