Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gdi123

Phone Replacement / Servicing

hey guys..

is there any option for getting my phone replaced or serviced or spruced up or whatever? i've had my 2030 for a year now and it looks like crap.. lcd covered with thousands of scratches, the rear of the phone with wierd marks, keys loose, and i also happened to use the phone while my hand was cut so its also covered with blood :clap:

can i have it exchanged for a new one or have the body replaced or something?

You can get the parts replaced, but it will be charged money by the LG service centre. For free, i don't think they will offer. You can't exchange it for a new one, but you can opt for a color model, which will cost you a depreciation charge too.

If you are happy with the model, Then you can get the body replaced at any certified LG service center...

It doesnt have to be reliance certified outlet...

I remember a friend did this just to get rid of the Reliance logo on top of LG RD2030.

While at this, also Upgrade the software firmware version of the Phone....

The older versions had lots of bugs i heard....

is there any option for getting my phone replaced or serviced or spruced up or whatever? i've had my 2030 for a year now and it looks like crap.. lcd covered with thousands of scratches, the rear of the phone with wierd marks, keys loose, and i also happened to use the phone while my hand was cut so its also covered with blood  :blink:

seems u went for a war with ur phone! :P dont u use covers etc for the phone? In mumbai i get it for as cheap as 15-20 bucks on the road and i change it every 1-2 months... and cell looks cleaner and newer each time :)

lol.. at first i tried real hard to keep it looking new, i even bought those plastic transparent covers to keep it clean, but taking it off for charging/using the data cable started to become a pain and i was too lazy to put it on again :)

how much would this body replacements cost approximately? any idea?

y dont u take a stroll at one of a LG service center and find out from them... am sure they'd be surprised by something like a make over of this sort :) And let us all also know how much this costs, maybe even i'll try it out...

BTW that charger thing is really messy.. it dirties the back of the battery and hence only a new battery can change tht! How much does a new battery cost?

For LG 2030 battery costs around 750Rs :)

Battery

LG RD 2030 - Rs. 750

LG RD 7130 - Rs. 760

Samsung SCH N191 - Rs. 1585

Samsung A563 - Rs. 1770

use travel charger. it doesnt leaves any mark on the battery. its convenient.

will do.. i'll check with the lg service ppl this weekend after my exams! right now i have to go study for chem practicals..

the travel charger is cheaper than the normal charger ... its about Rs 550 for the LG 2030 .... i dont know the cost for the samsung counterpart ... u have to find out .. it plugs into the data port of ur phone ...

Travel Charger! Oh thnx dudes, never knew tht! :) btw whts the difference between the two?? One fits into the data port and the other in the charging area! But then y is it called "Travel" Charger?

Travel charger is less bulky than the ordinary one. The ordinary one is the 'stand type', while the travel charger can be just plugged into the data port of the phone.

oh its something like the Samsung charger?... Pretty much alrite... still i cant understand y is it called Travel Charger!! :) seems as if they had no new name.. so tht one!

Travel charger is not the name given by Reliance :P

The one you get with the pack,

which can be kept on the desk like a stand is called Desktop Charger.

The other adapter type charger is called Travel Charger..

Usually manufacturers give Travel chargers with their phone.. but Reliance is giving Desktop Chargers... :)

--------------------

the travel charger is cheaper than the normal charger ... its about Rs 550 for the LG 2030 ....

Hi hrithikmahi,

Dont buy from Reliance..

Try getting some duplicate ones..

bcz duplicate ones are available for rates from Rs 90 - 400

:) wish i had known this earlier !!! i bought one three months ago !! they asked me to pay something like 1200 for the desktop charger ... when i asked for a cheaper alternative, they suggested the travel charger for 550 !!! :P

1200 for tht sick desktop charger :) ! Gosh!

:o wish i had known this earlier !!! i bought one three months ago !! they asked me to pay something like 1200 for the desktop charger ... when i asked for a cheaper alternative, they suggested the travel charger for 550 !!!  :(

Yeh but still... even from the service centre you could have got a local charger without warranty for less.. Guess they dint tell you ;)

But not much difference.. :rolleyes: Mostly around Rs.450!!

But its better to get a duplicate one from outside than getting from service centre.. There are cheeper ones!!! :P

hey guys be carefull with cheaper ones. they heat up your handset, which in turn result in less battery life and handset.

you cant use the data cable when the travel charger is operating, can you? thats a waste.. coz i charge my phone while connecting using r connect

The duplicate ones of the reliance chargers are of 2 types..

One which stops charging automatically..

Like the desktop ones.. They stop indicating a red light when the phone is charged

Some chargers are made which jus charges your phone to the brim.. That is it keeps on charging until you switch it off...

which is bad for it... :rolleyes:

You can change the body cover of your LG RD 2030, but it will cost you Rs.566 for the front body cover and another Rs.566 for the back body. Yup, thats Rs.1132 for replacing the body cover of your handset ! Pearl White and Golden colour are available - as per LG Service Center

regarding charging during using rconnect. there is a seperate cable availabe where you can connect the travel charger to the r connect cable, so it gets charged while using rconnect.

Yeh greens is right..

But many of us having the duplicate cable doesnt have the cable with charging facility.. :rolleyes:

I too dint buy it.. It was costlier than the ordinary one in Baazee :rolleyes: