Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gdi123

Phone Replacement / Servicing

I dont have exact info..

Still i think these panels are also available outside other than in LG service centre..

bcz for gsm cells, i have seen ppl using panels bought from outside.. I mean the outer covers..

I am not talking abt nokia replacement covers.. i mean to replace the covers like in samsung and other cells which are not easily replacable like nokia

Does anybody has more info on this matter? :grin:

color panels arent officialy available in lg centres. but for nokia itz available but very expensive. samsung no.

hey how can you have color "panels" on the lg phone? theres no facility for snapping them on or whatever. that would mean you would have to change the entire body of the phone to some substandard plastic !?!?!?

not snapping. you have to remove the body, which may void warranty.

hey how can you have color "panels" on the lg phone? theres no facility for snapping them on or whatever. that would mean you would have to change the entire body of the phone to some substandard plastic !?!?!?

Yeh wat i meant is not snapping or sliding in the panels easily as you do in Nokia phones... :confuse:

Wat i meant was you might get the body covers from some outside shops..

You have to remove and fix these body covers... There are no facility to slide in...

Unscrew the old cover ... and fix the new :grin:

--------------------

color panels arent officialy available in lg centres. but for nokia itz available but very expensive. samsung no.

Such Panels are available for most phones.. You jus have to find the right person

who sells it... There are covers of Samsung phones too... :lol:

kewl... if anyone bumps into one such dealer for Phone Covers of colours other than White / Golden... in MUMBAI... pls pls.. post it here, with the location or something...

Coz its better to change the cover of my mobile for the time being rather than plunging into a new handset deal... to make it look different and new for my EYES! :grin:

Let me know for the person in Mumbai.. am sure there'll be plenty here...

colour panels for lg/samsung is not available in authorised service centres. but for nokia its there. but if you buy at nokia authorised centre it will be expensive.

but unofficial local makes are available in plenty.

Nokia replacement panels are the easily available ones..

We dont have to unscrew anything in it :confuse:

It can be slipped in easily...

The ones from the authorised centres are the original ones

and hence they cost more... :grin:

Duplicate ones are better and cheaper for daily use :lol:

unscrew and get screwd.

I have seen the blue color body available for lg...

Actually its not from lg ...

Its just a cheap replacement ...

Didnt like the finishing ... :wacko:

looks like a pencil box ... :unsure:

Also its a horrid shade of blue ...

i like pearl better.... :'(

I have seen the blue color body available for lg...

Actually its not from lg ...

Its just a cheap replacement ...

Didnt like the finishing ... :wacko:

looks like  a pencil box ... :unsure:

Also its a horrid shade of blue ...

i like pearl better.... :'(

u seem to be from mumbai... can u give me the contact details of the dealer?

chirag he pretends to be from mumbai.. so better check out...

Today i had been to cochin..

There my bro was buying a cell phone..

And after that we went to the service place of the same shop..

Its the place where they do servicing and also sell some extra products like chargers and panels and all...

There i found the panels of gsm phones like Samsung C100

When i asked about reliance my bro told me that there are handset cases of

Reliance Lg in chennai for prices around Rs.250.. I mean both front and back case..

whereas as said by arun in LG service centre for front cover its Rs.566 and for the back cover another Rs.566

Service Centre (Total Cost)- Rs.1132

So seeing the prices of service centre ones, the outside covers prove to be very very cheap.... When you go for too much expensive, you are worried about getting your phone scratched each moment.. :unsure:

When its a cheap one, you dont have to blow your head much on it :clap:

Well before i dint get the right word to express it...

You jus have to ask the shopkeepers whether they have the handset case of the appropriate phone :grin:

Hi friends,

I've got a problem with the travel charger. I recently bought it after reading about it in the forum.It cost me Rs.550/- . The problem is that when I insert it for charging, the blacklight glows and continues to glow till the charging is done. This is takin lot out of the battery and the charging is getting late. I've tried to turning of the backlight..but it in vain. Please suggest some remedy for this problem.

Best Regards,

Yokel.

I've got a problem with the travel charger. I recently bought it after reading about it in the forum.It cost me Rs.550/- . The problem is that when I insert it for charging, the blacklight glows and continues to glow till the charging is done. This is takin lot out of the battery and the charging is getting late. I've tried to turning of the backlight..but it in vain. Please suggest some remedy for this problem.

Yeh it takes a lot of time compared to Desktop charger...

Desktop chargers are usually for fast charging purpose..

Travel chargers are handy but take more time..

i too have that charger ! if u wanna get charged fast, then the only way out is to connect the charger, then switch off the phone ... dont switch off the phone and connect otherwise the phone turns on by itself when u start charging !!! i know its very ittitating ... no way out !

Cost of replacement/new  Rs.600/- for the Desktop charger and Rs.500/- for the Travel Charger.

If one the Desk top unit is defective, the whole charger has to be replaced.. not just the part which is defective. So you have to pay Rs600/-

Does anybody know grey market prices?

Cost of desktop charger is only Rs 600 ? :o

Someone had mentioned that it is Rs 1200

See this post

Phone Replacement/servicing (1)

Also the travel charger costs Rs. 550 with Bill and Rs. 450 for Local ones with Reliance

And in grey market, its available from Rs 99 - 475 :ph34r:

Hi hritik,

Your idea worked just fine..i switched off the phone and it got charged fast..thanks for the suggestion..

Best Regards,

Yokel..

Get another battery, keep it as standby. so you can charge the battery seperately.

Anyone found out dealers for cases for RD2030 in mumbai ???? Well pls do we all will benefit isnt it now that most of us have it for almost a year the phones really look bad and specially the desktop charger f**** up the backside of the battery isn't it

Edited by Chirag