Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Bsnl Broadband Connection

I got BSNL broadband connection installed today. Its been about 3 hours and I feel speed is far superior than RIM. My observations:

1. Installation is damn easy. Modem is to be connected to LAN port, configure IP and Gateway address and go. No need to install any drivers.

2. Download speed I achieved in last 2 hours is 28-30 KB constanty ( I put 500 MB file for test)

I bought 256 KbPS connection, means almost 90-100% thruput. It is under business plan (700 PM, 2 GB) double than RIM at same cost. So now I will give away my RIM connection used for data only.

As of now I think I took r decision, as speed is really good.

Even Air tel borad band is 999 Rs per month with 256 Kbps. Unlimited usage.

Reliance should reduce r connect price to say 500 Rs unlimited as the speed is patahetic in r connect compare to broadband.

Yes BSNL broadband is cheap and good speed.

But in some areas they got problems with their modems like some modems create problems for connections like vpn and all..

i just gave a info for those who are planning on it :help:

rest its pretty cheap and also good speed.

I dont know well guys But Yesterday My MAMAJI frm Ludhiana called me and had asked whether RIM broadband is Good or not or which 1 to go for..RIM broadband rates are quite competetive...600pm for 1GB thru Router with OFC.....

well do somebody hv more info abt that

The price is ok. The speed is good (if you consistenly hit 256 kbps). But a DOWNLOAD LIMIT is in no way what broadband is about. They must try to understand this concept. It's failed all the wise men of TRAI, BSNL, SIFY, Reliance and you name it.

And it just goes to show that despite all great reports infrastructure in India still s**ks BIGTIME!

BSNL speed is good, price is also not that bad. even d/l limits. are kinda compromised.

Reliance Broadband is also cheap in matters of d/l limit. They give 10gb for all home plans.

TATA Indicom (VSNL)- NO1 loots... They first introduced their broadband in which the lowest possible connection was of rs 6000, then when reliance published their prices, TATA slashed the same plan rate to 3000.

These guys should start hourly plans like you pay Rs 300 per month and u get to use 3hrs daily with high speed and no download limit My cablewalah was giving this but with Rs 3000 non refundable deposit and he told if I did not like the speed then my 3000 will be lost

Why dont big companies try this

I woudln't get conned into paying 3,000 non-refundable advance, if I were you. I paid Hathway 6 months advance rental (to avoid installation charges) and the connection is the PITS!!! These people seem to be playing a con game!

Also some ISPs are good in some areas and very bad in others ...so I'v heard.

The only connection I'd suggest any one to take is one which he can extricate himself from in not more than a month...

I got a call, few days ago, from BSNL asking me if I'd like to go in for DataOne. They told me that download limits are now relaxed from 8pm to 8am! I confirmed twice with BSNL helpdesk. And now they are saying its changed again - the download limits will be relaxed only between 2am to 8 am!

ALL these ISPs seem to want to pull a fast one on the customers. What about those people who subscribed with the understanding that download limits are from 8pm to 8 am??? :blink:

When will these download limits be history?

dataone dl limit relaxation is always 2am to 8am check their site....