Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tanveer

All Kind of Softwares

Exactly this one.... Thanks doc...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

One more requirement. Is there any software available to search files based on text from Documents (word / excel / pdf)

I am already using Everything to search files & it is incredibly fast & way ahead of windows search. But many times, we are not sure of file name so have to search content.

How to make bootable cd of windows xp i tried nero to make a copy bt dint work is there any reliable way or s/w...... wasted 3 disks on it

I have used Bart's PE and it works fine: Its a stripped down windows XP.

But I would recomend that you use Win7 as its simpler to make Live CD or USB for win7 since temp file writing doesn't have to be hacked.

See here OR here - you will need to download winbuilder which will do everything with a GUI / graphically

I can upload LIVE CD / USB image for win7 or win 8 somewhere if you are unable to make the image (or see the first few results on google search.)

Tell me what is the purpose so that I can decide which image:

Do you want a LIVE CD of windows which should run from CD/USB and you can use it normally.
OR do you want to make a bootable CD only to install windows or format / partition drive etc ?
In case of former, are you looking to install some program/application or driver also ? or just simple windows will do ?
Edited by ami1

How to make bootable cd of windows xp i tried nero to make a copy bt dint work is there any reliable way or s/w...... wasted 3 disks on it

The simplest way to do is use Win2Flash and make bootable ISO on your PC. then use any software to write these ISO file on CD..

The simplest way to do is use Win2Flash and make bootable ISO on your PC. then use any software to write these ISO file on CD..

If you want to make a bootable Windows Installation USB Pendrive/flashdrive then win2flash is good.

However, if you need a LIVE windows CD/USB then other options mentioned can be used.

Since he has mentioned a CD, I am guessing it may not be for installation as bootable windows CD images are already available and can be written/burned to a CD Or a windows install CD can be imaged and burned to another CD etc etc.

Free/Open Source PC Programs For Everyone

Below list (credit goes to reddit users /u/foamed, /u/HDScorpio and others)

Video:

• VLC - Open source video player.
  • Media Player Classic - Home Cinema - Light-weight media player for Windows. I personally like MPC-HC much better than VLC. Supports more codecs/formats and video looks better.
  • Combined Community Codec Pack - A simple playback pack for Windows with the goal of supporting the majority of video formats in use today. Must have if you watch certain tv-shows or anime.

Audio:

• Foobar 2000 - Extremely lightweight and customizable free audio player for Windows. Supports a wide array of different audio formats.
  • Audacity - Free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds.
  • Spotify - Listen to music for free.
  • Grooveshark - Listen to music and radio stations for free.
  • Songbird - Audio and browser software. For Windows and Mac. (Somewhat bloated)

Browsers:

• Firefox
  • Chrome
  • Pale Moon - Open Source, full-featured, speed optimized browser based on the popular Firefox browser.
  • Chromium - Open source browser from which Google draws it's source code. Not sure which OS's this is for, but it was requested to be put on the list.

Extensions for browsers:

• Reddit Enhancement Suite - Make surfing Reddit so much more enjoyable. Highly customizable and easy to set up.
  • Adblock - Blocks annoying ads on webpages and in videos. Surf faster and safer. (Better than Plus)
  • Ghostery - Anti ad/tracking extension - Disables most scripts by default.
  • ProxTube - Circumvent blocked Youtube videos.
  • Speed Dial - Allows fast access to your most visited websites. Extremely useful if you visit or want to keep track off a lot of different websites.
  • NoScript - Open source add-on (for Firefox) which allows JavaScript, Java, Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice.
  • ScriptNo - Similar to NoScript only for Chrome instead.
  • Search by Image for Google (Firefox) - Fast way to reverse search an image. Very handy if you're looking for a source, more information or if anyone posts "original content".
  • Search by Image for Google (Chrome)
  • HTTPS everywhere (Chrome) - Automatically encrypts connections through HTTPS.
  • Hoverfree (Chrome) - See full sized image just by hovering over thumbnail (Hoverzoom collects data.)
  • Thumbnail Zoom (Firefox) - Like hoverzoom, but for firefox.
  • Adblock Plus (Firefox) - Block ads, just like Adblock only for firefox.
  • Media Hint - Access restricted websites outside of the US.
  • PriceBlink (Chrome) - Automatically detects coupons and lower prices whilst you shop.

Security:

System, cleaning and recovery:

• CCleaner - A freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. For Windows and Mac.
  • Defraggler - Defragmentation software for Windows.
  • Recuva - File recovery software for Windows.
  • Speccy - Give you detailed statistics on every piece of hardware in your computer. For Windows.
  • WinDirStat - Very useful drive visualiser, shows you all the folders that are taking up memory in a graphic. Available on Windows.

Communications:

• Skype - Call friends/family on their computers or phones. For Windows and Mac and Linux.
  • Pidgin - Open source chat client which is compatible with several different chat networks.
  • Trillian - A fully featured, stand-alone chat client that supports several different chat networks.
  • HexChat - IRC chat client for both Linux and Windows.

Documents, images and graphics:

• Foxit Reader - Free PDF reader for Windows, Linux and smartphones.
  • Sumatra PDF - Free PDF reader for Windows.
  • Open Office - Open source personal productivity suite.
  • Libre Office - Open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Mac and Linux.
  • GIMP - Free image manipulation software.
  • Paint.net - A free image and photo editing software. For Windows.
  • IrfanView - The best freeware image/graphic viewer for Windows. Extremely lightweight and supports a wide arrange of different formats.
  • Inkscape - Open source svg graphics editor. For Linux, Windows, and OSX.

Compression:

• WinRAR - File archiver (You can still use the software after the trial period has run out).
  • 7-Zip - Open source file archiver.

File sharing:

• uTorrent 2.2.1 - uTorrent became extremely bloated after they released version 3.0 and on. Version 2.2.1 has everything you need without using many resources or having any ads.
  • Transmission - Extremely lightweight BitTorrent client for Mac and Linux. There's an unofficial Windows version which you can get here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/
  • Deluge - Lightweight, cross-platform BitTorrent client.
  • qBittorrent - Free, lightweight cross-platform BitTorrent client.
  • Trixati - Free BitTorrent client for Windows and Linux.

CD/DVD-tools:

Online Storage:

• Dropbox - Cloud storage. For Windows, Mac, Linux and smartphones.
  • Google Drive - Google's cloud storage solution similar to Dropbox.
  • Skydrive - Microsoft's cloud storage solution. Now also available on Xbox360.
  • Mega - Offers a free 50GB of storage.
  • Bittorrent Synch - Automatically sync files between devices.

Live streaming/recording:

• Open Broadcaster Software - Free and open source software for media streaming/recording.
  • FFsplit - A free front-end application that allows you to capture and record what is happening on your desktop. For Windows.
  • Removed DXStory (Wasn't free apparantly)

Other:

• Steam - PC-game client for PC, Mac and Linux
  • f.lux - Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day. Must have if you have problems with going to sleep or have problems with eyes or headaches. For Windows, Linux and Mac.
  • RedShift - Just like f.lux but for Linux (there exists an experimental Windows build though).
  • Sublime Text 2 - A great text editor for code, markup and prose. For Windows, Mac and Linux.
  • Notepad++ - Free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. For Windows.
  • Rainlendar - A lightweight customizable calendar.
  • Hamachi - A hosted VPN service that lets you create LAN-like networks. Very useful if you want to play older pc-games with friends.
  • Tunngle - A p2p VPN tool somewhat similar to Hamachi.
  • Evolve - Social platform for gamers. For Windows only.
  • Blender - 3D computer graphics software product used for animating and 3D models. For Linux, Mac and Windows.
  • Origin - PC-game client for PC and Mac. Like Steam only for EA games.
  • Metapad - Lightweight notepad replacement with several extra features. For Windows.
  • Rainmeter - Great program for customizing your desktop with widgets and meters. For windows.
  • Ninite - select the apps you want from the website and download the installer. It installs all your selected software automatically without clicking yes/next.

• The Everything Search Engine, by Void Tools.

• Hiren's BootCD[1] More programs which are needed for fresh OS install, all placed on one bootable CD/USB.

Also, another great list from /u/Skankintoopiv is here

• Like 9

Great collection.. Personally 1 software that i use the most n have came across none other which is even close to it is Everything which is last one in the list. It allows to search for files on our hard drive in real time.. Just try it once n get used to it if you play with lot of files..

Apart from that, i need a software which can search within word n excel files n show results...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I have come across this one shop for all platforms latest version downloads called filehorse.com

Just hop on pick these free/open source software categorise d well enough.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Excellent list.

BTW, F.lux does work on linux. Have been using it for sometime on win8/ubuntu/iphone as well as nexus 7 (similar app for android is called lux auto or something).

It's quite good if you use devices late in the evening or night. Stops the bright white light from disturbing your sleep. Screen becomes a warmer yellowish color.

• Like 1

Google Keyboard 3.1 From Android L Developer Preview Ported To All 4.0+ Devices [APK Download]

The new Google keyboard in Android L brings the Material Design aesthetic to text input, but the APK pulled from L doesn't work quite right on other Android builds. It actually breaks the keyboard for most devices. No worries, though. An XDA user has tweaked it to work correctly on (probably) all Android 4.0 and higher devices. There is one method that requires root (it's actually a ZIP file) and one that might not work on all devices that's an APK.

If you haven't been keeping up on all the minutia, the new keyboard doesn't really do anything differently than the current version. It just looks different. At least, there's nothing new on the surface. It's possible Google has done something else behind the scenes, though.

If you want to give it a shot, grab this ZIP file courtesy of XDA user bejunk. Flash it through CWM or TWRP after removing the old Google Keybaord. Yes, you need root for this. Non-rooted users can try this APK from user asdfzz, which has been modded to work on other devices. It probably has more narrow compatibility, but it's easier. Maybe give this a shot first. In either case, you will have to go into the advanced keyboard settings and choose the Materials theme.

apk link : http://d-h.st/YmI

zip for flashing : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2796129

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I recently fractured my right arm and ever since it been crazy typing with my left hand. But I find it easy typing on my android keyboard with swype enabled. Do you guys know of any application that i can use to pair with my laptop and type in any document or application in Windows using my phone keyboard?

I also need to buy an USB Bluetooth dongle to asmy laptop does not have it inbuilt...

thanks for your help..

Use airdroid. Use speech to text option. It's good. It could help you.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

www.multcloud.com If you use multiple cloud storage then this website can be of real help. Its allows linking of multiple cloud accounts in one place and acts as a file explorer to manage the storage. It can be used to drag-drop files and folders from one account to another, without the need to download any file. It supports multiple accounts from the same service also. Presently supports, Google Drive, One Drive, Drop Box, Box.net, Copy, Sugarsync, Amazon S3, Cloudme, Cubby, Hidrive, Yandex, Mydrive, Baidu, FTP