Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tanveer

All Kind of Softwares

Hi.

Happy belated New Year everyone!

I'm looking for DVD Copying/backup software, free versions. I have DVD Shrink, DVDfab Plantinum, and DVD Decryptor. But these are not getting the job done.

I have some cool movies that I'd like to backup on my PC and move to my HTC Incredible to watch on the go!

Can anyone help me with this?

Sincerly,

gjp

Did you try Auto gordian knot or MEGUI? They are some of the best. Mediacoder is another good one. Virtual dub again is simple and good. Best place for help www.videohelp.com

@tanveer. thanks for the website info. it's a really good/comprehensive site. although i could not find Auto Gordian Knot, i'll try some of the other stuff there...

thanks

gjp

can anybody provide good software for backup/synchronization? something like synctoy by microsoft. i tried Acronis but prob is that all PCs should have acronis. while synctoy will sync files and folders and do not need any software to open file from backed device.

Hi.

Happy belated New Year everyone!

I'm looking for DVD Copying/backup software, free versions. I have DVD Shrink, DVDfab Plantinum, and DVD Decryptor. But these are not getting the job done.

I have some cool movies that I'd like to backup on my PC and move to my HTC Incredible to watch on the go!

Can anyone help me with this?

Sincerly,

gjp

Just tried Sonne CD from http://forum.esoft.in/portable/142567-sonne-cd-copy-master-1-0-1-349-portable.html

Very small, simple, intuitive, portable and worked without fuss.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

looking for mapmyindia or any other working gps for android 2.1 :)

Sygic is a good possibility. There are several other paid options as well.

I bought a new laptop with win 7 home premium 500 GB HDD. It came with only one partion C with 465 GB volume.Some one tell me the procedure to make second partition or advise any partition software for Win 7.

I want 2 partitions like

C drive and other recovery volume- 150 GB

D drive - 350 GB

Thanks in advance

Which laptop did you buy? What are the specifications?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

@raghav.cn - its a 2 minute job; type disk management in search bar; open it; right click on your drive; choose shrink volume to your desired size.

Which laptop did you buy? What are the specifications?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Dell XPS 15 Model

Specifications are

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)

500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife

1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M graphics with Optimus

My Config

I got for a price of Rs 46,500

@raghav.cn - its a 2 minute job; type disk management in search bar; open it; right click on your drive; choose shrink volume to your desired size.

Ok ill do it and update you

Edited by raghav.cn

Somebody explain me

My HDD is of 500GB with 1 single partition drive C showing only 465 GB ( what happened to other 35 GB). I opened disk management to partition my HDD , When i tried to shrink my existing C to 150 GB. It says drive C cant be shrinked less than 235 GB

Total size of C is 465 GB and available size is 422 GB how can i shrink my C to 150 GB and create new drive for 350 GB.

Please check my screen shot

There is one unnamed drive of 39MB space ----what is this drive for?

Third one is Recovery drive of 13.25 GB and has only available space of 5.13---what is this drive for??

Does my back up files store in this recovery drive??But yesterday it asked me to select drive to backup, i selected some external drive for backup purpose so this cant be for recovery. So what is this recovery drive for.

Thanks in advance

post-74185-0-13948500-1312901165_thumb.p

I forgot the exact technical term.

But all companies use this system.

In a 500gb hdd you do not get to use total 500gb. A ratio of space is reserved for partition data and some other things. That's why you see only 465gb free space.

Its same with all kind of storage device (usb drive, sd, mini sd, micro sd, ssd, and all other kind of stoage device u can think of).

Its like when you buy any property, you pay the price of super area, but you actually use carpet area.

Google about it, you will learn more interesting facts.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@raghav.cn

That Recovery Drive will be most probably containing all the files & Original OS Copy to put your laptop into FACTORY state if needed. Check if you have also got a Recovery DVD. If not, you should first make a Recovery DVD from the recovery partition before removing it as that will be useful in future when you have to format the laptop and reinstall the original OS. Most Recovery Drives has software built in to make a Recovery DVD. Check your user manual.

Somebody explain me

My HDD is of 500GB with 1 single partition drive C showing only 465 GB ( what happened to other 35 GB). I opened disk management to partition my HDD , When i tried to shrink my existing C to 150 GB. It says drive C cant be shrinked less than 235 GB

Total size of C is 465 GB and available size is 422 GB how can i shrink my C to 150 GB and create new drive for 350 GB.

Please check my screen shot

There is one unnamed drive of 39MB space ----what is this drive for?

Third one is Recovery drive of 13.25 GB and has only available space of 5.13---what is this drive for??

Does my back up files store in this recovery drive??But yesterday it asked me to select drive to backup, i selected some external drive for backup purpose so this cant be for recovery. So what is this recovery drive for.

Thanks in advance

so you want to create a new partition that, namely logical, as in your c primary partition your os and softwares will get installed. its safest to keep data on a second parition. but somehow most manufacturers dont create partition for you. they do it if you pay extra.

let me help you with this. go to this link http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

download the small and free software called Easus Partition Manager Home Edition

Its very easy to use. You will have no trouble with reducing the size of your C drive

and creating a new partition of remaining part.

i insist do not touch the recovery drive and unamed drive.

Recovery drive is the only savior when your pc gets bricked with virus or some curious experiment.

you ll have a shortcut key to re install your whole os and softwares in factory state.

best part is that this new partition will remain untouched so your data is safe when your os partition

is formatted and re installed.

click +1 if this works for you. :signthankspin:

There are several other softwares available for partitioning. They are very simple to use. The one I use is Partition Magic. Just google.

There are several other softwares available for partitioning. They are very simple to use. The one I use is Partition Magic. Just google.

Partition Magic is not free!!! :nerves: i know you can easily get cracks / serials. but easus partition manager is free of cost. :Sorprendido:

Can anyone help me find Gemvision Matrix 6.3 or 7.0?

can anyone help me with TATA DOCOMO Huawei F203 modem driver and dialer software.

Thanks.

^ thats a walky device, right ?

yup

Symantec offers downloads of its Norton Identity Safe for Windows and Mac,iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, or Android for free. That's the best deal we've seen on this password management tool. (Comparable software has cost as low as $20 for PC and Mac and $7 for mobile apps in previous deals.) It keeps your passwords synchronized across different computers, browsers, and mobile devices while storing your passwords and other information in a secure, cloud-based vault. Deal ends October 1.

https://identitysafe.norton.com/

i need a software which can help me customise user rights in windows 7 like what a user can do & what not and what he can access n so on,

I remember someone posting this type of software on forum itself but dont remember the name of software n its thread.

pls help...

i need a software which can help me customise user rights in windows 7 like what a user can do & what not and what he can access n so on,

I remember someone posting this type of software on forum itself but dont remember the name of software n its thread.

pls help...

I had posted this long time back search it out

http://www.softheap.com/secagent.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD