Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhay

Help Needed! Some Netwroking Problem

may be there is a way to attach the no-ip service and the web-server(ie port 80) through MTNL connection

is all incomming/outgoing of no-ip and the webserver through MTNL and rest through sify & and yup i think that is possible, isint it :)

ooh boy, i really didnt get what you ppl are trying to do, but as far as i can say,

set up a dummy page at the MTNL IP,use some scripting such that the dummy page finds out the SIFY Public ip, and redirects all the hits to your SIFY ip.

I guess thats all you can do.

whatever u said could work dint try it thought seems to be some kinda technical glich there but even if it works it wont solve the problem

of actully having two diffrent connection one with public ip and second with pvt ip and most of the traffic should go from the pvt one

may be there is a way to attach the no-ip service and the web-server(ie port 80) through MTNL connection

is all incomming/outgoing of no-ip and the webserver through MTNL  and rest through sify & and yup i think that is possible, isint it  :quest:

49146[/snapback]

Possible......yes, how, that's what we are trying to figure out. Lets see what linuxguy thinks of my last idea, cuz I don't really know much about the internal working of TCP/IP.

linux is true ! hey whats ur real name by d way :quest:

if i connect to one ip address then i have to communicate with that ip only what we actully need is all mtnl connection should be on MTNL and all sift connection through sify

1) both should not mess with each other

2) a way to keep specific appz to comunicate with perticular NIC (as in no-ip and all kinda webservers <-- all outgoing and incomming connections through from these appz through one (MTNL NIC))

Edited by abhay

abhay, you can run the webserver on the MTNL IP and surf the internet on the Sify IP. That can be done without a problem. But then data exchange on the MTNL IP will be counted and since you have a limit, you might exhaust your limit pretty quickly if your webserver hosts big files :)

Guys, the problem with running a webserver on the Sify IP is that abhay is NATed behind the router's IP. For example:

Sify's router -> External NIC = 212.x.x.x Internal NIC: 10.0.0.1

Now, all customers connect to Sify's internal NIC which means they all have IPs in the range 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.254. Sify's router handles authentication, DHCP and NATing. Since it doesnt port forward all the ports, what happens is that the request sent to the Sify's external IP wont be forwarded to abhay's internal IP. Hence, even if abhay knows the external IP of Sify's servers, it wont be of any use lest sify configures a DMZ or Port forwarding.

Sify can setup a DMZ for Abhay or they can forward selective ports to his computer but I dont think they will be willing to do that :blink:

Life is complicated :quest:

aree linuxbhaiya woh to sabko pata hai ki yeh mera problem lets stop describing the prob and get to work and get a solution for it :)

if it is solved it can help anybody who wants a cheap PUBLIC IP SOLUTION

i mean who gives a public ip for just RS 80 / month :blink: MTNL ka dabba kuch toh kaam ayega :blink:

PS rs 80 is mim chages then rest the charges are as per usage :quest:

Edited by abhay

abhay, the per MB charge is what s**ks. Otherwise i would've gone for MTNL myself. Why do you think I keep ranting about ****ty broadband in India?

abhay, you can run the webserver on the MTNL IP and surf the internet on the Sify IP. That can be done without a problem. But then data exchange on the MTNL IP will be counted and since you have a limit, you might exhaust your limit pretty quickly if your webserver hosts big files :(

49199[/snapback]

I don't see how you can do that either? You would still have to change the routing tables right? And if you change them, they work on both connections right?

abhay, the per MB charge is what s**ks. Otherwise i would've gone for MTNL myself. Why do you think I keep ranting about ****ty broadband in India?

49271[/snapback]

my webserver would be running on MTNl so max datatransfer would be 30 - 40 mb a month so my bill would reach max 150 RS

that good enough for a256 connection :grin:

abhay, you can run the webserver on the MTNL IP and surf the internet on the Sify IP. That can be done without a problem. But then data exchange on the MTNL IP will be counted and since you have a limit, you might exhaust your limit pretty quickly if your webserver hosts big files :(

49199[/snapback]

I don't see how you can do that either? You would still have to change the routing tables right? And if you change them, they work on both connections right?

49276[/snapback]

i think we can modify routing table in such a way that some appz work with one NIC and some with other

i dont know how it is done though . theorytically it is possible

Edited by abhay

Ok sorry for off topic posting........but I am really remindef of this quote "Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Engineers combine theory and practice, nothing works and they don't know why!!" :(

adwait, you still havent gotten it. There isn't any need to modify the routing tables. The Apache server can bind itself to the MTNL IP. While we can set the default gateway to Sify, so all other apps will communicate through Sify while Apache does through MTNL.

aaah! aisa hai kya.........never knew that. Hmm......something to tinker with in the holidays (only 2 papers left......yay!!)

bhaiyoon aapas mein hi discuss karna hai ya iss windows wale ke problem bhi suljhana hai :(

I have a simple solution for u.

install Microsoft’s virtual pc and run 2 pc in 1

download virtual pc from Microsoft’s web site.

If u don’t like ms stuff than u can go forVMware Workstation 5

It is virtual workstation.

Get its trial version from

http://groups.google.co.in/group/desi-tek/...a957181995506f6

it is easy to configure and use

Think of this funda...

U host a web page... and provide the IP to the world. (consider it is 203.*.*.* - MTNL)

And now u wish that when a user requests a page from ur MTNL address, u send him a page (maybe via re-direction) from ur SIFY connection.

Aren't we missing something major here??? If u could do the transmission thro ur sify IP, why do u need two connections? (and logically, isn't it simpler to do a simple server-send, rather than a server-redirect?)

Cheers

Ashok

by using virtual pc u can have two or more os @ 1 time

on 1 pc

virtualmachine0ah.png

u can use sify in 1 and mtnl in other to run a webserver

Edited by cracker

ok did it

got VMware and virual pc cracked :grin:

so now some R&D left to do on it :)

hmm thx for d idea buddy! will surely try on it :grin:

hey btw isint there any lesser memory consuming way out ! ???

Edited by abhay

try the yonger bro of them all .."bochs system emulation"

cheers

Ashok

PS : it is free too (opensource)!!

eh? i dont understand how exactly will VPC solve his problem. Forget solving problems, it is going to complicate them further. And I have told this plenty of times, what Abhay is trying to achieve is _not_ possible with TCP/IP

ok did it

got VMware and virual pc cracked :P

so now some R&D left to do on it :D

hmm thx for d idea buddy! will surely try on it :grin:

hey btw isint there any lesser memory consuming way out ! ???

minimum requirement 256mb ddr ram p4 2.4 ghz 256mb freespace