Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhay

Reliance Intensifies Tariff War; Offers Free Outgoing Calls

Reliance intensifies tariff war; offers free outgoing calls

Intensifying the tariff war in mobile telephony, Reliance Infocomm on Sunday offered free out going calls worth upto Rs 2000 on some of its new handsets along with lower local and STD call charges.

On buying a handset costing just Rs 2,700 a subscriber would get worth Rs 2000 talktime for making outgoing calls along with 2000 local short messages (SMS) free, says S P Shukla, President (Wireless), Reliance Infocomm.

This is third time in last three weeks of 2006, Reliance has announced newer tariff plans offering STD calls at Re 1 or flexible tariffs even on fixed wireless phones.

Giving details of on Sunday’s tariff plan called "Free Outgoing Calls", Shukla said in all the scheme would be available on five handsets. On three handsets costing Rs 2,700, Rs 3999 and Rs 7999 the subscribers would get outgoing free worth Rs 2000 along with 2000 free local SMS.

While on two low-end handsets costing just Rs 1,999 and Rs 3,500 the free outgoing talktime is Rs 1000.

The tariffs would be 99 paise a minute for a local call from Reliance to Reliance phone and Rs 1.79 from Reliance to any other. While STD rate would Rs 1.79 from Reliance to Reliance anywhere in the country and Rs 2.49 from Reliance to other phones.

"Millions of our customers are deriving benefits of free incoming offer of 1-2-3 years and lifetime validity. With the new offers we wish to address those subscribers who also have high need for making outgoing calls," Shukla said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1381237.cms

something related

Any Idea what is the validity of Rs. 2000 talktime? If it is just one month, it is not useful.

NEW DELHI: Intensifying the tariff war in mobile telephony, Reliance Infocomm on Sunday offered free out going calls worth upto Rs 2000 on some of its new handsets along with lower local and STD call charges.

On buying a handset costing just Rs 2,700 a subscriber would get worth Rs 2000 talktime for making outgoing calls along with 2000 local short messages (SMS) free, says S P Shukla, President (Wireless), Reliance Infocomm.

This is third time in last three weeks of 2006, Reliance has announced newer tariff plans offering STD calls at Re 1 or flexible tariffs even on fixed wireless phones.

Giving details of on Sunday’s tariff plan called "Free Outgoing Calls", Shukla said in all the scheme would be available on five handsets. On three handsets costing Rs 2,700, Rs 3999 and Rs 7999 the subscribers would get outgoing free worth Rs 2000 along with 2000 free local SMS.

While on two low-end handsets costing just Rs 1,999 and Rs 3,500 the free outgoing talktime is Rs 1000.

The tariffs would be 99 paise a minute for a local call from Reliance to Reliance phone and Rs 1.79 from Reliance to any other. While STD rate would Rs 1.79 from Reliance to Reliance anywhere in the country and Rs 2.49 from Reliance to other phones.

"Millions of our customers are deriving benefits of free incoming offer of 1-2-3 years and lifetime validity. With the new offers we wish to address those subscribers who also have high need for making outgoing calls," Shukla said.

Source - PTI[ SUNDAY, JANUARY 22, 2006 04:01:00 PM]

i nice offer

nothing new, reliance already started giving this sort of free talktime with LG 2430 earlier. The free talktime was rs 2500 with rs 2500 handset and was valid for 3 months.

Nothing great for exisitng users. The headline is misleading.

It makes you to think that 'all' outgoing calls are free; the reality is, only Rs 2000 worth of outgoing is free.

Marketing gimmicks!

Nothing great for exisitng users. The headline is misleading.

It makes you to think that 'all' outgoing calls are free; the reality is, only Rs 2000 worth of outgoing is free.

Marketing gimmicks!

yup thats a marketing/advertising strategy! can give u tons of eg's like this which are even more surprising :P

on which all handsets are these offers being given ?

Rs.2000 talk-time free and 2000 sms free on LG5340(Rs. 3999),LG6230(Rs. 7999) & LG2340(Rs.2700)

Rs.1000 talk-time free and 1000 sms free on LG5130(Rs.3500) & LG2430(Rs.1999)

Edited by kesav

lg 2430 is not of 1000 .. its talktime which u r getting with it .

Sorry to take it off topic but is LG 2430 only 1000/-?

Sorry, Its 1999/- . I've edited my post

There's one more change. I've edited my post.

Its Rs. 1000 free talk time and 1000 free sms for LG5130 & LG2430

There used to be a Reliance ad, "buy a phone and get talk time free worth the cost of phone" (person talking on brick etc..)

I just got LG 6230, I got no free talk time. :(

Is it on pre paid?

On which phones is the above offer on?

I hope the scheme is on post-paid .

Launch a complaint, you've been cheated.

For LG6230,

You should've got 2000 talk-time and 2000 sms free.

The scheme is for both pospaid and prepaid.