Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tanveer

Dvd Help

I have some doubts regarding DVDs hope the experienced people can help me.

Others can also post their queries regarding DVD

1. Is a special player/drive required to play double layered, double sided dvds?

2. How much do these dvds cost?

3. What software is to be used to convert avi, mpeg to dvd format? I have winavi but its not a freeware and nero does not allow it. Nero DVD plugin required for this i guess.

4. What is DVD mp3? Is it a data dvd disc? Does it play only in pc or can it be played on a DVD player as well?

5. Same for the movies, If I make DVDs on my PC i mean the DVD video format will it play on a DVD player?

Actually one of my friends tried it and is having problems with the same.

6. How much do rewritable DVDs cost?

7. How many movies (Hindi/English) can be recorded on a 4.7 Gb DVD in the DVD video format?

8. I understand that DVDs have subtitles and Dolby sound effect, How if at all the converted files (avi, mpeg converted to DVD format) have those when the initial files dont have them?

9. Do DVDs written on one writer (say sony) have a problem when played on other readers (say samsung, LG)?

i would solve some of ur doubts !!! not all of them though!!!

1) dual layer dvd are avliable in india !!! but they are v v v expensive around 300 - 350 a piece

2) use nero for dvd authoring - a simple interface NERO vision to be precise u get it with ur dvd writer cd

3) yup make data cd / dvd mp3 both work same

4) dvd-RW i purchased a moserbear aroung 3 months back was for RS 90

5) i have recorded 3 hindi movies in one dvd in superlong play mode

**** a full hindi movie cannot be recorded in a dvd in the BEST quality mode coz for that there is a 60 miniute limit

*** how many movies you want in a dvd depends on the Quality you choose for recording

6) dint had problems with dvd till recently but nowadays even @ my frnds place mine and his DVD's sometimes work and sometimes dont i thought it was a problem with my writer but when he also faced similar problem we came to a conclution that the DVD's which we purchase are @ fault <<--- princo DVD's 14 RS a DVD

i hope this should answer many of ur ?'s

PS all things are based with reference to

1) sony dvd wrier

2) princo dvd's

3) Ahead.Nero.v7.0.1.2.Premium.Edition

Edited by abhay

I felt Nero's conversion will take long time than of WinAVI. bz Nero converts all formats to MPEG before starting actual conversion.

Any more expert opinions? I really need help to make a few DVDs that can be played in DVD players and not just computers so please share your views and opinions.

The prob with WinAVI is we cannot put menus

or i donot know how to create it ?

cracker: r u taking abt WinAVI DVD copy or WinAVI video converter?

When I convert a video file say avi to dvd format it takes up a lot of space, I know DVD formats are bigger but this is quite disproportionate. Like say a 1gb movie occupies something like 7-8GB?

What is amiss here?

How do we have DVD discs that have three or more movies on a single DVD disc in the DVD video format?

Edited by tanveer

you know even MPEG1 is DVD complient format? Download TMPGEnc DVD Author from http://www.pegasys-inc.com and make your own DVD using MPEG1 files. It created VOB files and necessry folders which later can be used to burn DVD which is standard complient DVD for DVD player.

I need a tutorial here!

I download movies from net, most of them are DVD rips.

Now I want to put these movies(2,3 or maximum possible) in dvd in dvd video format.

what is the most effecient and fastest way of doing it?

No ideas?

There was a nice tutorial link posted by 'cracker' a few days ago, but the link was removed since the website had some illegal stuff. If you need it, just send me a PM.

Which would be the best application to convert DVD to VCD Format?? Any help would be appreciated!

Try nero. win avi too can do the job!

Also I need to know tthe best software to Convert DVD to Xvid/Divx.

I know there are many but tell me the best and the fastest.

I am trying to use Auto GK but there are some problems!

for conversion VDUB is the best.

Power DVD is a player not a conversion software!isnt it?

@tanveer >> Nero can do a conversion from DVD to VCD?? Can u help me on how to do that? I'm using Nero 6.6.0.12

@kshah >> VDUB? How to go about with that?

VirtualDub 1.6.12 Experimental

information and download

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Vi...erimental.shtml

License: GPL

Price: FREE

Size: 935 KB

dvd-to-vcd

u can use this software

http://www.winavi.com/WinAVI_Video_Converter.exe

don't use nero coz it takes lots of time to conver dvd to vcd

Edited by cracker

Tutorials about all video stuff

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=244151

Browse through site you will find helpful stuffs

can use DVD2SVCD its free and great software if your DVD is protected then you may need other tool like DVD decrypter

get help and soft from here

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd2svcd-dvdr.htm

I belive free softwares are some times far superior than paid ones.

This videohelp thing is too complicated.

For the past so many days I have tried so many softwares but nothing seems to work.

There is this software called Simple Divx which does not work.

then there is auto gk which is not available on its official website.magic ripper, superdvd ripper.

To make DVD s there is winavi which does not let you add menus.

There is this avi2dvd, nero and what not.

I am so damn frustrated, I have seen some very high quality divx rips they look even better than the DVD wuality itself.

I feel so envious.

That is why I need to know the best and easiest to use softwares.

Dont get frustated. If you want to convert DVD to VCD used DVD2SVCD, its simple and good software. To make MPEG1 files to DVD use TMPGENC DVD author from http://www.pegasys-inc.com. If you want to convert DVD to Xvid or DivX, use VDUB.

Doing little bit of home work will show how easy these softwares are. Only requirement is you must have all codecs (you are intend to use) installed on your system. DivX and xVid conversion require change of dimensions, I mean say your VCD will be 352 X 288 pixels, DVD will be 720 X 576 where as for good quality DivX or Xvid it should be 512 X 384 pixels. If you encode in 352 X 288 you will not get good results.