Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vmsanghrajka

Blackberry May No Longer Be Exclusive To Airtel

The high end BlackBerry device may no longer be the exclusive preserve of Airtel subscribers. Reliance Infocomm, the largest mobile service provider using the CDMA technology, is learnt to be testing the device for use on its networks. In most countries, BlackBerry is available on more than one network.

However, in India it is available only with the market leader, Bharti Televentures. Bharti has the largest mobile subscriber base in the country with about 18.45 million users.

A deal with Reliance Infocomm will give Research In Motion (RIM), the makers of BlackBerry, access to the second largest mobile subscriber base owned by a private operator in the country as well make the device available on CDMA networks here. Worldwide, BlackBerry has partnerships with 150 carriers in 60 plus countries. In the Asia-Pacific region it has partnerships with 21 carriers in 11 countries. The two-year exclusivity agreement RIM had with Bharti Televentures for BlackBerry comes to an end on March 31, 2006, according to sources.

Reliance Infocomm, however, is learnt to be evaluating manufacturers other than BlackBerry as well, including Korean ones capable of offering similar features. All the devices are currently being tested, according to industry sources. Testing for CDMA handsets can take up to 3 months and for BlackBerry-like devices that offer high-end functionalities even longer.

Source: The lndian Express

Based on past experince ... we are assured that Reliance is likely to go for cheap korean companies.... so it can source devices cheaply & sell to us at whatever price they want.

Reliance policy:- To hell with customer satisfaction & whatever he wants.... We decide what he needs to have & at what price. Take it or leave it.

testing is the moto of reliance testing testing and simple testing bluddy testing never ends!.........

Edited by Arun

i would rather like expensive models at subsidized rates with 1 yr contract of service like USA. 500$ phones are 149$ or 199$ when u take annual contract of serivce of verizon or sprint.

is there any update on Reliance providing blackberry or simlar service ( email push technology) in the near future? i am forced to move to airtel as it is a long wait for RIm to implement it :angry::quest:

and not to mention Reliance engineers have a knack for crippling perfectly good handsets!

cdma handsets are basically crippled when compared to their GSM counterparts :confuse:

we will IF have a luck to watch blackberry on reliance, i think we will loose our senses...

and not to mention Reliance engineers have a knack for crippling perfectly good handsets!

cdma handsets are basically crippled when compared to their GSM counterparts :confuse:

Its global phenomena, all CDMA operators except I think China Unicom, follows same foot steps. I think still CDMA operators believe that because they spend less on spectrum due to efficient utilization and better data capabilities, they are still cheaper, so may be trying to increase revenue this way. Else China Unicom is 100% RUIM based CDMA operator. ONly in the world and it means its possible too loose control on handsets still operating CDMA network.

well if anil also thinks on this if the RIM netrwork goes on RUIM i think it will the best ever decision by lil ambani

haha...thats what the CDMA operators need to learn. People need mobility. They like to change their operators quickly and cost effectively if they dont like their service. So RIUM would be a great move by both TATA and RIM.

well TATA does offers RUIM on mass base but not all as compared to China or ne other and RIM is totally Folish