Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

New Nokia 2865 Cdma

^^^ huh??? my n2865 allows only 160 letters typing.

@ani not ur n2865 supports 160 chars all n2865 supports 160 chars :)

^^^ huh??? my n2865 allows only 160 letters typing.

@ani not ur n2865 supports 160 chars all n2865 supports 160 chars :Riendo:

i agree that in normal circumstances and otherwise too the sms editor should not and does not allow more than 160 charecters.. bt i have experienced this phenomenan quite early..i.e. me typing more than 160 chr. i need to check the context of the same. i will surely get back to you on this pretty soon.

I am using Nokia 2865 from 1st May 2007. From last 2 weeks I experienced that few peoples calls are automatic get disconnected. They can listen to my caller tune and it gets disconnected after sometime, and I don't receive any calls. After some time same person call I receive and they complain me that why you have disconnected my call. The problem is I have not received his call earlier. I informed this to *333, last week, yesterday and day before. They just accepted my feedback and said there is some technical problem at Reliance, which shall get resolved on 19th June at 5.00 p.m. But yesterday when I met my friend at 9.00 p.m. he complained that at 7.00 p.m. I have disconnected his call. But actually I have not received any call. During all this time my phone was ON and in full signal strength. At 9.00 p.m. when I tried to call my number from the same friend at 9.00 p.m. i received call, so what happened at 7.00 p.m.

My major calls are coming from our customers and due to this many of customer has complained me that I am disconnecting their calls. Creating me loss in business.

Today *333, informed me that this problem is due to my Nokia handset. I checked with one of my friend whos is using Classic 201, is also facing the same problem.

Anyone has experienced such problem, please update, and also what could be the solution. I don't think this is related with handset.

Its a wild guess, but it might be possible that Reliance's caller tune server is playing games. Try to deactivate your caller tunes and see if the problem persists or goes away.

On a personal note, I any day prefer the age old "tring tring" over some flashy caller tunes.

U might hav entered their nos in incoming call restrict list, it is under security settings.

i dont think incoming call restrict under security is creating problem , as if the number is restricted in incoming security then one would never get call from the number . but the problem is sometimes jatin gets calls n sometimes not

Its a wild guess, but it might be possible that Reliance's caller tune server is playing games. Try to deactivate your caller tunes and see if the problem persists or goes away.

On a personal note, I any day prefer the age old "tring tring" over some flashy caller tunes.

Thanks for all suggestions. One of my friend has not activated caller tune and he also facing similar problem.

Yesterday I have received call from Reliance Survey diviison, and I informed about all this problems. They asked 5 questions to answer in different ratings. Last q was will you suggest Reliance to your friends- I said never. Reasons - No good h/s, call charges for missed, no reply, n/w problems..... Let's hope something works good for us.

I have changed my h/s from 6235 to new 2865 on 1st May. Does it related with h/s ?? I really don't think so.

yeah.. thank u very much..... I have got the phone today for 6000/-

Hay !

I am getting Nokia 2865 for @Rs.11000/- to 12000/- in Pune.

Its major Features were - 2MegaPixel Camera with 4x zoom and upto 2 GB Support. 256KB comes with phone. ( I saw in forum that it doen't have camera)

I plan to buy the same. Can you confirm price and cam functionality ?

Also, if anyone interested to sell one, I wish to buy that.

Thanks in advance.

The specs and the price you have mentioned match with that of Nokia 6275.

2865 does not have a camera.

Edited by rshivk

Hay !

I am getting Nokia 2865 for @Rs.11000/- to 12000/- in Pune.

Its major Features were - 2MegaPixel Camera with 4x zoom and upto 2 GB Support. 256KB comes with phone. ( I saw in forum that it doen't have camera)

I plan to buy the same. Can you confirm price and cam functionality ?

Also, if anyone interested to sell one, I wish to buy that.

Thanks in advance.

dude, thats not 2865, that's 6275. 2865 doesn't have a camera. also, u mean it has 256MB card, n not KB.

find out its reviews n user impressions on this site, using search feature.

Edited by ani_meher

plz help me with the RUIM card for Nokia 2865.I am using Nokia 2865 but its a Tata set.How to convert it to RIM and use r world

mods should make this pinned, i guess. yes, u can just pop in the RIM RUIM to make it work on reliance. if u want R-World, methods are quite complicated. u can't run both Tata & RIM at the SAME time, u have to put respective sim one at a time to use that respective group.

I am using Nokia 2865 from 1st May 2007. From last 2 weeks I experienced that few peoples calls are automatic get disconnected. They can listen to my caller tune and it gets disconnected after sometime, and I don't receive any calls. After some time same person call I receive and they complain me that why you have disconnected my call. The problem is I have not received his call earlier. I informed this to *333, last week, yesterday and day before. They just accepted my feedback and said there is some technical problem at Reliance, which shall get resolved on 19th June at 5.00 p.m. But yesterday when I met my friend at 9.00 p.m. he complained that at 7.00 p.m. I have disconnected his call. But actually I have not received any call. During all this time my phone was ON and in full signal strength. At 9.00 p.m. when I tried to call my number from the same friend at 9.00 p.m. i received call, so what happened at 7.00 p.m.

My major calls are coming from our customers and due to this many of customer has complained me that I am disconnecting their calls. Creating me loss in business.

Today *333, informed me that this problem is due to my Nokia handset. I checked with one of my friend whos is using Classic 201, is also facing the same problem.

Anyone has experienced such problem, please update, and also what could be the solution. I don't think this is related with handset.

it is the phenomena of call drops..

if somebody is calling you he will hear the caller tune just once and then stop because the connection is lost. and it takes just a bit of time for the call to register on your handset, so effectively the guy/gal calling you thinks tht you have disconnected the call.

it happens with me everyday.

and yes the nokia handsets generally show full signal strength but still calls are dropped/ signal not strong. it seems to be the hadset/ company specific problem. 2112 nokia was excellent for this, never showed weak signals...

for your convenience carry a gsm connection with you and forward the calls on that handset.

it is the phenomena of call drops..

if somebody is calling you he will hear the caller tune just once and then stop because the connection is lost. and it takes just a bit of time for the call to register on your handset, so effectively the guy/gal calling you thinks tht you have disconnected the call.

it happens with me everyday.

and yes the nokia handsets generally show full signal strength but still calls are dropped/ signal not strong. it seems to be the hadset/ company specific problem. 2112 nokia was excellent for this, never showed weak signals...

for your convenience carry a gsm connection with you and forward the calls on that handset.

I would like here to request 2865 users if they are facing similar problem. So that we conclude that this h/s has really such issue. Earlier I was using 6235 and not experienced such problem. I think it is network related problem and not h/s related. Let's see what others experience says.

We can't hope anything from Reliance for this.

As suggested by you, by forwarding calls will it not be dropped the way it happens in Reliance. It will not be pratical to carry two h/s.

Can anytone who is using 2865 tell me How many numbers can be stored is it 600 or 600*5.

Then I am trying for the handset for last 2 months.I am not able to get it>Can anyone tell me where I can get this phone in Bangalore or kerala.

Can anytone who is using 2865 tell me How many numbers can be stored is it 600 or 600*5.

Then I am trying for the handset for last 2 months.I am not able to get it>Can anyone tell me where I can get this phone in Bangalore or kerala.

you cnan check this out youreself in the handset.

well somebody from bangalore will be able to tell you about the availability..

Thank you.I checked in the Nokia website.they are telling only 600 enteries.If it is 600 entries and 5 numbers per entry they will inform that.I dont know why they have not informed that .And also can you tell me how many schedulers can be added

Thank you.I checked in the Nokia website.they are telling only 600 enteries.If it is 600 entries and 5 numbers per entry they will inform that.I dont know why they have not informed that .And also can you tell me how many schedulers can be added

!

You can store 1 general,1 mobile, 1 home, 1 office and 1 fax with email address, web address, postel address, note, image and ringtone for 1 entry.

you can save the same for the total 500 entries. i.e it will be 500*5= 2500 numbers.

isnt it amazing.

You can check it out for youreself.

how to find out-

select any number->options->change type

and you will get all the details.

for schedulers, read the user guide. it will have details on it.