Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shashank

Tata-sky

Hi friends!

This is really a good news for all of us.Tata-sky is going to start from june first week. :D:rolleyes::rolleyes::clap:

And meanwhile you can check their site:www.tatasky.com :D

As far as I know, they only have a license for DTH operations. Am not sure if TATA can share the same infrastructure for TATA Indicom too.

I guess its too early for that. But I am guessing it would be on the lines of DishTV which is already in the business.

well thats really a good news for all C&S homes in india atleast STAR tv will be available on DTH but when wil lil ambani bring his DTH which will have broadband too ......

what is tata sky

its solution to most of our cable-tv problems like - no - unclear / channels, paid but unwanted reagional channels :clap:

will it provide broadband too?

so now u want broadband in everything! huh! :ph34r::P:grin::lol:

Edited by abhay

i am running complete group for dth kind stuff

its desi-sat on google group

I hope they will not use conax encryption

Edited by cracker

i am running complete group for dth kind stuff

its desi-sat on google group

I hope they will not use conax encryption

cracker applied for a invitation to the group!! plz do d needful

TRAI to fix MRP for TV channels under CAS

Broadcast regulator TRAI is likely to fix the maximum retail price for TV channels under the Conditional Access System (CAS) regime, which will require a nine-month transition period as per the consensus emerging on the matter, the Government informed the Lok Sabha on Monday.

"Fixing of MRP for TV channels will fall in the domain of TRAI as the Cable TV Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995, does not provide for fixation of MRP," Information and Broadcasting Minister P R Dasmunsi said in a written reply in the Lower House.

Dasmunsi said the government had held a series of meetings with the stakeholders involved, including broadcasters, multi-system operators, cable operators and consumer organisations.

"During discussions in the aforesaid meetings, there was a broad consensus that about nine months time is required to take preparatory steps and to implement CAS smoothly," the Minister said, though adding that "as such no exact time-frame can be indicated."

Dasmunsi said that there was a "strong view" from the meetings with the industry players and other stakeholders that the Government should fix the MRP for channels. As TRAI was looking after tariff orders, it would be body to deciding on MRP.

While CAS is already under implementation in Chennai, the process roll-out in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata is still awaited. The Delhi High Court had also recently asked the Government to implement the cable delivery system in the three metros at the earliest.

link

?? :confuse::confuse:

1) CAS is for indivudual channels OR channel pacages

2) does CAS apply to all types of broadcasting ie wireline - local cable operator or wireless like - DTH or just for wireline services

Edited by abhay

The CAS which is often reported in newspapers etc, is for wireline services.

TRAI might specify MRP for DTH services but that would be differnet from the CAS.