Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
linuxguy

New Rim Connection

Hi people,

I am thinking to shift to RIM. I already owned a DAPO connection but my mums using it and I wanna get a new one for myself. Hutch is turning out to be costly...

Anyway, I want to go in for the New NJ199 plan where I get Rs.199 free local talktime.

See here for the plan:

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/n...ans_tariff.html

I plan to go in for the Kyocera SE47 (Slider) handset because I couldn't find any other decent handsets.

Here are my questions to all you RIM veterans:

-> Handset related

1. Is the handset good?

2. Can you suggest a better / cost effective handset? ( All I want is a big color display with decent features like send to many in SMS, call log and stuff ).

3. Whats the approx. price for this handset?

4. How is Kyocera service centre in Mumbai? Good? Bad? Evil?

5. Can I use my own handset? If I dont wanna purchase one from reliance??

-> Plan related

1. Can I use some kinda SMS pack with the connection so that I get 5000 / 18000 local SMSes free? ( like the prepaid one? )

2. Do I get a itemized bill by default?

3. Is there any extra cost for itemized bills?

4. Can I check my bill during the month? ( V.IMP for me as I can control my bill amount! ).

5. Can I use my handset in Maharashtra / Goa?

6. Do I incurr any extra cost?

7. How am I billed?

8. If I make local calls (say in Pune) then will they be local or will I be charged Mumbai-Pune call charge?

9. Will those calls be deducted from the Rs.199/- free local talktime or will they be charged outside the Rs.199?

10. What are the costs of roaming outside Maharashtra/Goa in case Maharashtra/Goa is local for me?

11. Do I have a choice when I get a no?

Finally, I dont want to go in for Prepaid as far as possible because not only will it turn out costlier ( may be? ) but also I have seen a lot of people complain of unjust deductions of their balance and they cant reason with Reliance CC!

Sorry for the long list of questions. Hope someone really answers all of them patiently! :unsure:

Edit: I seem to have posted in the wrong forum. Will a mod / admin please move this thread to the RIM Postpaid forum?

Edited by linuxguy

Dude. dunno about handset.

About plan 199.

SmS- u can only use rim-2-rim sms pack @ 50rs/mth.

Mumbai-pune is local call on mobile phones only. shall be deducted from yr 199 Rs. No roaming rental needed per month. same handset can be used to roam. Free incoming while romaing in mah-goa. Outgoing as per plan. Outside mah-goa also no rental of roaming. u are charged for incoming @std rates applicable. Outoging call rates apply of the place are located at. so if u are in delhi & call mumbai..u shall be charged delhi-to-mumbai call charges.

SMS unbill to 1234 & u shall come to know unbilled amt. or u can chek from website. itemized billing charges are 25rs/mth.

u can get choice number(last 4/5 digits). contact webworld.

Dear linuxguy,

If you forward your queries to the Chairman's Office, you will get all or most of your queries replied.

The Email ID is: Contact.Chairman'sOffice@relianceinfo.com.

Thanks

I plan to go in for the Kyocera SE47 (Slider) handset because I couldn't find any other decent handsets.

Here are my questions to all you RIM veterans:

-> Handset related

5. Can I use my own handset? If I dont wanna purchase one from reliance??

No.

-> Plan related

1. Can I use some kinda SMS pack with the connection so that I get 5000 / 18000 local SMSes free? ( like the prepaid one? )

Yes. Onnet SMS pack for rs 50. There is no Off-net SMS pack for postpaid yet.

2. Do I get a itemized bill by default?

NO

3. Is there any extra cost for itemized bills?

Rs 25/month.

4. Can I check my bill during the month? ( V.IMP for me as I can control my bill amount! ).

Yes. On the website as well as through SMS. Though it might not work properly for the first month.

5. Can I use my handset in Maharashtra / Goa?

Yes.

6. Do I incurr any extra cost?

No

7. How am I billed?

Assuming that you asked for raoming calls. If raoming in MH, all calls to mobiles will be treated as local, however, calls to landline are treated as STD.

8. If I make local calls (say in Pune) then will they be local or will I be charged Mumbai-Pune call charge?

Locals to Pune while in Pune will attract local call charges on the basis of your home plan.

9. Will those calls be deducted from the Rs.199/- free local talktime or will they be charged outside the Rs.199?

Not sure. Will confirm it with a friend and let you know.

10. What are the costs of roaming outside Maharashtra/Goa in case Maharashtra/Goa is local for me?

No Roaming rental. Incoming will be charged, and outgoing as per your plan.

11. Do I have a choice when I get a no?

Yes. Contact WW. Depending on availability you can choose everything apart from 93. 93-XXX-YYYYY. Choice for XXX is limited to set codes for Mumbai, YYYYY can be anything depending on availability. Prremium number charges may apply in certian cases.

Hope that is of help.

naa buddy that will not be needed ... guess that can be continued here ...

moreover it can be suggested to check out the handsets firsthand @ a webworld

:D

cheers

a h k

s o

naa buddy that will not be needed ... guess that can be continued here ...

Guess he has already posted it over here, which is fine :D

alright ashok...will do that. just waiting for these exams to end :grin: what handset would you suggest for me?

Edited by linuxguy