Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhay

Bsnl To Provide Broadband Connectivity At 2 Mbps

BSNL to provide broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

State-run telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) is all set to offer an 'aggressive' broadband plan having a speed of upto 2 mbps, Communications and IT Minister Dayanidhi Maran said Thursday evening here.

In an effort to boost the growth of broadband connections in the country, the minister today held a round-table conference with the chief executives of Indian telecom companies.

'Broadband penetration in the country is quite modest at about 3 million connections. To trigger growth in this sector, BSNL has come out with an aggressive plan of providing 5 million broadband connections in the year 2007 with a minimum download speed of 2 mbps (megabit per second),' the minister said.

'In this round-table conference I have asked the private operators to roll out similar plans for broadband connectivity,' Maran told reporters on the sidelines of the conference.

Some of the big names who attended the conference are Anil Ambani of Reliance Infocom, Ramalinga Raju of Satyam, Asim Ghosh, managing director of Hutchison Essar.

'We will initially start with 1 Mbps and gradually increase it to 2 Mbps. We may probably bring out the service from January next year,' said A.K. Sinha, BSNL's chairman and managing director.

All operators currently provide broadband connectivity with a maximum downloading speed of upto 256 kbps (kilobit per second).

http://www.indiaenews.com/india/20061214/32549.htm

ohhh i know i know the data transfer limit is 20 mb / month :D:rofl_200: but good news would be that it would cost just 199 / month :rofl_200::rofl_200:

More of Maran talk from India Telecom 2006 at New Delhi...

India is adding one mobile phone user every second

RxPG News - New Delhi, Dec 14

India's mobile phone industry is expanding exponentially, adding one new subscriber every second to take the total telephone subscriber base to 250 million by 2007, Communications and IT Minister Dayanidhi Maran said here Thursday.

'India's telecommunications industry is on a very high growth trajectory. We have already crossed the 185 million subscribers mark, and by 2007 India will have 250 million phone subscribers,' the minister said at India Telecom 2006, inaugurated by President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam at the Pragati Maidan fairground here.

'Our mobile subscriber base is increasing phenomenally each year, adding almost six million new subscribers a month, which means one customer is added every second,' Maran told the conference attended by the who's who of Indian telecom.

'By 2010, India will have more than 500 million mobile subscribers from the current base which is more than 140 million,' Maran said.

'This year we have already had investments of up to $17 billion in IT and telecom, of which $1.5 billion have been in telecom alone,' the minister said.

He said an investment of $2 billion had been made in telecom manufacturing only. 'And more investments are on the anvil.'

My dear friends I think this will be the, what we call as true broadband service. In many countries 2 mbps is the startup speed for broadband services. They have more faster connectivity plans also.

Regards.

My dear friends I think this will be the, what we call as true broadband service. In many countries 2 mbps is the startup speed for broadband services. They have more faster connectivity plans also.

Regards.

ya but there they are not capped :D

Great news!! I read in the newspaper that BSNL will be providing 2Mbps connectivity at the existing rates...That means Rs 900 for Unlimited 2Mbps....now that sounds good... :rofl_200: (and hope they implement it soon)... :D

Great news!! I read in the newspaper that BSNL will be providing 2Mbps connectivity at the existing rates...That means Rs 900 for Unlimited 2Mbps....now that sounds good... :rofl_200: (and hope they implement it soon)... :D

existing rates not similar pacages!! so it would be 2 mbps speed but capped

yeah 2MBPs speed and monthly quota of 400 MB

By the way, I hope they will also do so with MTNL

Its a Great new for Semi Urban area, as Reliance is already giving plan upto 4 mbps in Major Matro and Semi Metro but coverage is very Limited,

BSNL have almost all India Copper Coverage so it will easier for them to Deploy 2 mbps

For Beyong that They have to go to VSDL Technology Which Reliance and Other Fiber Optic back bone Telco can given but VDSL have only 500 mtere Coverage from The Tower Which will be noe Difficult to BSNL

Hetal Patel

Three cheers to BSNL for beating all other ISPs in this speed race.

Hope they do come in real it fast because the BSNL BABUs are very slow in other respects.

@tanveer

Yes my dear friend, MTNL too will follow the suite.

Regards.

stop cheering and getting excited. lets first see them actually give us those connections AT AFFORDABLE PRICES WITH NO CAPS and then cheer and get excited ok? :P

Sarkari Kaam Sah Mehna Tham......... :P:rofl_200:

That means.. Govt's project/job wait for 6 months..... :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Agree with Kingofkalyan,the Indian Govt anounces many things but the implementation is very slow except for the taxing thing.

And I feel the Late Pramod Mahajan was a good Telecom Minister then Dayanidhi Maran,He will be always remembered for bringing a revolution in the telecom sector.

^^^

@Prathod

My dear friend I too 100% agree with you. Late Mr. Pramod Mahajan is really really be remembered by us all the time. After all his dream was to bring India on top of the world in Telecom Sector.

I Salute to Late Mr. Pramod Mahajan.

Regards.

And 30min to end that quota @ 2 mbps :P

And 30min to end that quota @ 2 mbps :rofl_200:

10 - 15 mins max :P