Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

RIMweb 3rd Anniversary Meet !

Came back from the meet just now, amazing experience. Ashok will be posting the details soon. We had the drawing of lots for the RIMweb.in contest. Congrats to all the winners.

Arun: Thanks for footing the bill of the meet. We love you.

Arun paid the bill ? :clap: .... u should have told me in advance that he is goinna pay, i missed it just bcz the 1st post in this thread stated that i'll need to pay from my pocket for my food :clap: ....

Waiting for the meet review.

Dear friends.

I feel very very unlucky because I was unable to attend this fantastic Rimweb meet in Mumbai. :cry:

I tried a lot to get the early reservation but in vain. I lost the chance to meet all my dear friends who attended the meet.

Anyways first of all Happy belated anniversary to Rimweb. :cheer:

And thanks to Arun for providing us the platform through which we can, not only meet but also share the experiences with each other.

Congratulations to all the winners. :clap:

just came back from the RIMWEB mumbai meet 2006 - II :clap:

toooo sleepy now to give a review sleepy1.gif

but i would just say one word now "awesome"

Whoa!!!

Awake at last!!

The best meet we've had in a zillion years... I mean, I've been organizing meets for online communities, for charitable organizations, schools n colleges, events and well what not ... but this meet was by far the most enjoyable one!!

I get a call from surojit (staticelectricity) confirming that he and his friends are waiting for me at CCD from 4:30 (and I apologize that I promised him .. I would be there :clap: ) - the place was freaking crowded (what else do u expect from one of the best hangout spots in bandra!!! (EXCLUDING LOCAL ADDAS) - Facing the sea and on Carters .. where the best of the best crowed can be sensed!)

a few mins later I get a call from Punit (mod), stating that he was also at CCD (and I swear to all gods, I was still cozily at home, deciding on what to wear)... I told him, that I was "on my way" and "please search for surojit"

Ankur (forumnews) called me, and infd that he was leaving by a cab from right beside my home ... I hopped by , into the cab at 17:08 :clap: , but who da heck knew that the roads are gonna be crowded as if there was no tomorrow! I reached the CCD by 17:51!! a good 21 mins late.

and wonder of wonders ... Surojit, his friends and Puneet were still waiting outside the CCD - Reason it was overcrowded !

I ran in, and met a old friend, whom i infd. the need for a 15 odd seater table ... and bang in no time we had our seating :clap:

we had a wider crowd this time ... :clap:

Surojit, 3 nice gals (his friends), one of his male friends (amit).

Ashok (me), Sadik (munna), Annish (iceman), Chirag, Chandramauli, his nephew krishna, abhay (harry potter), Puneet (IIT!!), Ankur.

thats a total attendance of 14 people! a couple of people skipped out at the last moment ... one of them is excused - And please wish him... he is loosing his bachelors degree and gaining a masters on 21st Jan - SAJOKJ!!! :):Sorprendido::clap: he'z getting married !!

Annish was his effervescent self ... cracking the wildest of jokes, he literally tore the brains off the lady who was serving us (angela) !! we were sitting somewhere near a "Out of Order" toilet, and everytime someone went to the loo ... we could hear a "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh " from annish and gang ... man .. did we laugh!!

then it came to ordering the drinks, and annish wanted a glass of ganna juice and hajmola... :D

and when he finally settled for a smoothie, he wanted a topping of chilly sauce (on a strawberry smoothie)!

Static was irritated about the delay (in my arrival ... quite evident on his face ) but well the gals he got along, took my attention away :D

Puneet was wondering how he could escape in time to reach his IIT research lab in time ... man he sure looks a real professor! (and he'z got a stopwatch running non stop - man ... high precision stuff! - 007), and well ... he demonstrated his unmatched knowledge about bengali which had all the gals go ga ga ! ( I believe in a serious attitude around :Riendo: )

Ankur was giving us ideas about making good money ... a darn nice chap is all i can say about him.

Then there comes Harry Potter!!!

(minus the broomstick) - ABHAY!

Yuck! he really looks like dat scrawny spectacled chap in the harry potter books ... ~ :

but man ... he'z got some charm, real friendly, mingles with one and all ... and actually formed a Laurel and Hardy combination with Annish!!!

Sadik came there .. just to laugh and show his dimples around ... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

every two mins annish says something and u could see someone blush ! and well the dimples were out in no time ... a careful rider, and a champ (he was with me till he dropped me home at 3:30 AM!)

[PG13 - Parental advice - sexually explicit discussions - request reader discretion]

U gotta watch da videos to know about this!

Surojit - Out of order ????

rimweb00pr3.jpg

Annish wondering ... wherez dat gal!!

rimweb01dz1.jpg

Surojit and shweta [Mouths wide open]

rimweb04ln1.jpg

Abhay getting congratulated by Arun !!

rimweb06tf8.jpg

Three way handshake!

rimweb07gf2.jpg

Mobile frenzy ... amit and Shweta

rimweb08xf8.jpg

The Videographer - look where the cam is pointed!!

rimweb09hn6.jpg

Krishna, Hari puttar and Chandramauli

rimweb11fe7.jpg

Flash on da glass!! - C Mauli

rimweb12sm9.jpg

Dimplez - Munna

rimweb13ua0.jpg

Pictorama ... Krishna, Chandra and Annish

rimweb14hp5.jpg

The kid (Krishna) was trying to guess what we were discussing ! and his mama - Chandra was wondering what to do with us nut heads :NO:

Surojit and his gang ... the gal in green was amruta, the lighter green was sharada and blue was shweta. The other chap was amit ... all engineering students ... IT :Chulo: - more would be explained by surojit!

Chirag was his effervescent self .. calm composed and with a new spectacle!

Guys please excuse and check this thread in a few hours ... as I extract a few more snaps from the videos... and upload each of our faces here !

cheers

ashok

oh i missed it .................. though great to read

saalon khoob maze kiye tumne!

Sorry I too missed it......

Great to know that you all had a nice time.

Waiting for Ashok to post more photos....hope you are not sitting and watching the video again and again in the name of grabing some photos from it :Contento:

Here lots of stuffs git censor by ashok... Well guys meet started at 5:30 and over after 3:00.

Now ashok i want full details to be here....

:SI::D

One thing is final there is noone like ICEMAN

he simply rocks man, make u rolling on floor laughin with *** off.

Lots of thanks to him and rimweb.

Maybe Ashok is busy with all the 31st night party and newyear stuff.

Someone had pointed out that he was planning to give the videos to Rimweb members.

Now those who could not make it to the meet are at Ashok's mercy to know further details :SI:

Arre nahin yaar. .. I have a Night unlimited plan, so I will have to upload the videos at night ... and unfortunately, last 2 nights I've been out partying!

I'll be back in firing line in a day :)

cheers

ashok

ok everything said and done i would say that people who dint come for this meet really really missed something fun

and i would seriously recommend "dont miss the next one"*

*and spl'ly dont miss if ICEMAN (ANNISH) is attending it :SI:rimweb meet ki jaan hai yeh banda

Really guys! u had lots of fun :P

I wish I was also there :SI:

And I really appreciate Ashok's (ashoksoft) efforts, he always describes the whole event in such words, that I feel I'm watching the live telecast :angry:

Really guys! u had lots of fun :angry:

I wish I was also there :SI:

And I really appreciate Ashok's (ashoksoft) efforts, he always describes the whole event in such words, that I feel I'm watching the live telecast :NOTriste:

nopes i don't agree with u on this one :NO: !! no description by ashok or any1 for this matter can compare with how much fun we all had :Confuso: u could check out the video PART I of the meet is in there, ASLI MAZZA TOH PART II MEIN AAYA :P

kyun munnabhai hai ki nahin ??

Edited by abhay

Awesom admin......

Awesom board.....

Awesom members....

AWESOM MEET

:clap:

Meet ->bandra, carter road ccd.

5:30 PM

I reached carter road by say around 4:30, had requsted ashok to be a lil early so that i could leave early (my deadline was 6:30 since i had a few friends with me and had some other work to attend to , also, my place is a good over 2 and a half hours travel from bandra )

Pleasant breeze , nice seaface.... but CCD !! mannn was so crowded , couldnt get any place to sit....

called ashok.... " hey where are u dude ?" ...

"yeah .. im on my way will be reaching in 15 mins"...

ok..

waited .... Suddenly got a call.... and it was none other than puneet....

i really had expected him to be a bit more younger :Riendo: but he looked just like the typical IIT'n ....

and a secret he told me... that since he'd never been to carter road CCD before... he'd actually looked up GOOGLE EARTH ... and he had ACTUALLY measured the distance from CCD to Joggers Park !! which he said was 600m only :rofl_200:

Then arrived ashok the great..... and he really got all of us a seat in say 10minutes...!!

ashok was the typical himself .... cracking jokes all round....

he had come along with Ankur... who looked quite the regular stylish businessman

next in was Abhay ... and believe me he looks really like harry potter...

along came annish , munna, chirag

and another point i;d realyl like to mention... CCD was really cold.... and me being the one without any fat reserves... was *almost* shivering ... annish tried his best by asking angela ( the waitress) to turn down the AC... and then even persuading her to move the thing :grin:

all of us had talks on varying topics .... and we took out the contest winners....

just as I (and my friends ) were about to leave ... in came chandramauli... along with his nephew....

though i'd have loved to stay along... but cudnt...

as meets go... this one was really an awesom meet...

(though i felt a little guilty that i'd got 4 other friends and arun footed the bill in the name of RIMweb :P ... but well i guess it pays to be a supermod :Contento: )

[ps. i had got along 4 other friends of mine.... Amruta , sharada, shweta who are with me (IT Engg) and Amit (civil engg)... all of them really enjoyed the meet and on the way back home amit really pertered me to end about what this DEBRANDING really was that ashok was talking about]

Lol :clap:

btw our friend abhay has a small change to his profile :P

Debranding is to mod a handset to remove any company blocks ... btw suro mind sharing the chicks numbers / email ids ?

guess even they have a right to be under my watchful gaze :grin:

lol ... kiddin re !

cheers

ashok

@Static: We didn't mind you bringing your friends along, and am sure Arun would not have mind if he was there. And I guess Ashok actually loved it, see his requests for phone nos/emails - which started right at the meet itself :clap:

Man.... someone sure is pulling my leg here :clap:

and nothing wrong in that statement :P

anyway for all the impatient members :grin:

I managed to compress the video to about 62MB (Realmedia format)

and uploaded it to google videos, who have brought down the file size even more!!

RIMweb Mumbai Meet December 2006 video (Flash Streaming)

cheers

ashok

thanks ashok but i would take the whole 1.5 gb ISO from u in some time :good: <62 mb file se apna kuch nahin hoga :cheer:

I can guess mate ... U can surely drop by and get da video ...

If people find it inconvinient to download / view such a large file, I can split and upload it in parts .

or if you prefer downloads, I can upload it for download as MPG / RM / MOV / 3GP (mobile users)

cheers

ashok