Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

Arun Hi!

Wanted to ask there is a "t" twitter button above left on reply posting feald how to use it and is there a way to post feed via twitter as a different post.

Thanks have a good Sunday

Arun ji, recently I'm finding the number of posts in my profile description is getting increased erratically or not getting increased at all after I'm posting a new post. In some cases, after 3/4 posts the number of posts gets one increase only.

Please look into the matter.

^^^

Dear Sougata, the posts made by you in General Chat Sub Forum are not included in your total number of posts. That's why your number of posts did not get increased everytime you post in General Chat Sub Forum. :)

See: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/forum-11/announcement-3-post-count-in-general-chat/

• Like 1

Hi Arun,

http://censusindia.gov.in/towns/town.html has list of all towns and cities in India.

The list will be too long and will take ages to add each. I will try adding few more from that list as time goes by. Please PM me if any specific city needs to be added for now.

Arun Hi!

Wanted to ask there is a "t" twitter button above left on reply posting feald how to use it and is there a way to post feed via twitter as a different post.

Do you mean the t "twitter icon in the "Share this topic" option? You have to authorize your Twitter account first in "My Settings" > "Profile" > Manage Twitter Connect. After associating the account you can just click the "t" icon to post the topic (title and the Shortened URL which will be auto-added) to your Twitter feed.

^^^

Dear Sougata, the posts made by you in General Chat Sub Forum are not included in your total number of posts. That's why your number of posts did not get increased everytime you post in General Chat Sub Forum. :)

See: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/forum-11/announcement-3-post-count-in-general-chat/

Thanks Kamal ji for the information.

Please PM me if any specific city needs to be added for now.

Arun ji sent PM that day. Please add my city name 'Bolpur' in the drop-down list.

Arun Hi!

Do you mean the t "twitter icon in the "Share this topic" option? You have to authorize your Twitter account first in "My Settings" > "Profile" > Manage Twitter Connect. After associating the account you can just click the "t" icon to post the topic (title and the Shortened URL which will be auto-added) to your Twitter feed.

I meant this one - How to use this t

post-24516-0-98272900-1309341921_thumb.p

I found it thanks. For wonderful forum

Edited by Genius

The newly opened iOS section under Mobile OS / Platform Discussion is not opening and giving an error message unless one is logged in. Same like Technical/Programming section..

It's OS Discussion Subforum. Should it be made accessible to guest users also for wider reach?

Thank you for informing. I have updated the guest permission now.

@Arun To increase our votes on better data plan This link

how about forcing new user to read this post first then entering the forum first time ?

:previous: Have checked before, the modification for that doesn't exist for IP.Board 3.2.x

Arun JI! boss.. i cant post anything from Tapatalk! any solutions?

Testing from Tapatalk.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

edit: Its working fine

I'm facing problem in viewing a few threads. After login it is flashing 'Community Message' as '[#10340] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view.' but I'm trying to open the url: http://www.rimweb.in...service/unread/

Is it a temporary problem?

You will see that message for topics that are waiting for approval (under moderation preview). You will see those links in the website home page only which uses the 3rd party script and does not have option to avoid unapproved topics. The new home page should help when it is ready as it won't show unapproved topics.

dear arun,

would it be hard to allow facebook / twitter logins to rimweb?

thanks,

:previous: It is already there; logout of your account to see the option besides the login window. Since you already have an account there isn't a reason to use that though unless you want it as a new account or for someone else. If you have integrated Facebook/Twitter in your RIMweb.in account (integration options are in your Settings page), then you can use the Facebook/Twitter option to login directly to your RIMweb.in account which is what I think you are looking for?

yes, actually i wanted to submit my posts to both sites

thanks,

Hi Arun,

To prevent the problem of duplicate threads being created, could we implement a function which checks and retrieves similar thread titles as to the one entered in the new thread title, so that the user can be aware that similar thread exists before creating new thread. Ideally everyone should search before creating new thread but this is often not done. If this is implemented, the users will benefit as there will be no need to search for existing thread titles, the mods will benefit because there will be less duplicate threads.

The function is implemented on XDA on VB. This is the plugin http://www.vbulletin...ad.php?t=151714 not sure if there is one for IPB though.

Edit it seems it is built in IPB http://www.forum-software.org/forum-review-descriptions#field_detect_duplicate_thread

Regards.

Edited by digitalnirvana

Doesn't look like a similar modification exists for IP.Board

True, it seems the one inbuilt in IPB simply blocks/prevents duplicates from being created. The one on VB lists 5 threads with similar thread titles when the user types the new thread title.

But that is a very useful plugin, anyone knowing Ajax here and familar with IPB, they can build and integrate it.

We do have moderation preview anyway so not a big issue but would be good to have.

• Like 1

The option to archive (sending to e-mail) pvt. conversations seems to be unavailable.. i tried with google chrome..

Is there any other workaround, to clean the message box by archiving..

"Archive Conversation" link is located at the bottom of the PM page which will send the conversation to your email address.

plz pin this topic.........