Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

^ even i was able to attach the image to the post, but am not able to insert it (using link option)..

Use the "Image" option for image links, not "Link". It is the icon with the pic in it, which you see next to the Link icon. Then insert the imageshack direct link of the file into the popup: http://img20.imagesh...0/734/holic.jpg

i used that only "Image" for pasting image links..

however, tried just now.. here is the error i got..

post-37802-0-75262300-1331235579_thumb.j

What is the link you copy pasted?

That is not the direct link to the image file. If you open that link it opens imageshack website. You have to use the direct link to the file which opens the image: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/734/holic.jpg

• Like 1

got it.. i need to paste the link marked as "Direct", not the one, which is marked as "link"

That is not the direct link to the image file. If you open that link it opens imageshack website. You have to use the direct link to the file which opens the image: http://img20.imagesh...0/734/holic.jpg

yup.. got it.. many thanks.. :)

I'm thinking to ask this from long time but somehow I never did. Why there is no option to insert the link by hiding it behind a small text like a word or sentence or whatever it is, what i mean is that suppose i've to post a link to an item in ebay, rather than displaying the actual link to the item in the post i want to display it as just 'ebay.com'. My last post in irresistable deals thread i put the link to blackberry playbook page in ebay.com, presently i had to put whole link, rather I want to put it as just 'ebay.com' which is linked to actual page, which looks compact & neat. Many forums have this.

^^^

Dear friend, there's already an option to do this. See your post in Irresistable deals thread, I have now changed the link as you wanted.

For doing this you have to write the text you want as link (in your case Ebay). Then select the text---->click link option----->paste url. Thats it.

Your Post

• Like 1

:previous: thank u dear honest for explaining how to do it(actually I wanted to ask how to do it if it is already there in my previous but i forgot to add this line), i couldn't find this b'cause some forums do it in another way

One Suggestion:

when you Google, you get a list of links + + + for the Search and when you have seen a link, the color changes differently. This helps when we browse to know which we have seen and which is pending to be seen.

Similarly, is it possible to provide for RIMweb Home page, which has listed many latest threads. When we involve deeply in one topic and get back to Home page - getting puzzled whether a particular thread is seen or not. :unsure: If the viewed thread's color changes, it will help us to skip that and look for the unseen threads.

In continuation to suggestion of admirer2000, how about uplifting complete view of home page?

I believe the page has been designed this way since years and now with so many upgrades with new forum software, home page should also get updates with more information like recent posts, recent topics, hot topics, a quick register form, Total Posts / Members ... and list goes on..

:previous: New home page with IP.Content is ready, it might go live this weekend or next weekend, have some tasks to complete before it goes live ;)
  • Like 1

That's great. Looking forward to a new face of rimweb.

Mr. Arun - is my suggestion is also implimented in the new home page?

Not sure if it is included by default in IP.Content, but I think that can be customized

Waiting New Home page.......

For some NEW threads we get the following error:-

errorgo.jpg

Is it because waiting for Moderator's approval to publish?

If yes why to publish the empty heading in advance as entered by memebers?

Better to clear & then publish the New Thread with approved content -> which will save our time in viewing such error message

• Like 1

:previous: Yes, it is. The new homepage with IP.Content will not show under moderation preview topics.

Any pics of New Home Page........

Is the New home Page is "New Year Release" ?

VISHU6.jpg

Can we change the name of the Topic

Google 10 Billion Promo: Android Market Slew Of Apps For Only Ten Cents (Rs.5.12)!

to

Discounted/Free apps on Market/Play Store

or appropriate as this offer is over long back. The new title will be more appropriate.

Is the New home Page is "New Year Release" ?

Unfortunately not happening today, and is delayed due another issue cropping up that needs to be sorted out first and is going to take some time.

Can we change the name of the Topic

Google 10 Billion Promo: Android Market Slew Of Apps For Only Ten Cents (Rs.5.12)!

to

Discounted/Free apps on Market/Play Store

or appropriate as this offer is over long back. The new title will be more appropriate.

I have changed it now. Please use the "Report" button in the topic/post in future.

Arun ji, sometimes double-clicking of mouse causes duplicate threads to be created like one happened today (Link1 and Link2)...Whether it can be avoided using say CAPTCHA or minimum-time-delay between opening two threads?

Just a suggestion...