Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
supernova

Lg 3470

@copperco2

My dear friend, as stated by supernova in his above post that the stock of this handset is not available in the market. So I assume the Web World Express which you visit is BLACK MARKETING this handset. You can file a complaint for this issue with customer care of Reliance.

Regards.

I have purchase the "Lg 3470". Except delay in typing, I have not find any other problem with this phone (considering the price range). I have paid Rs.2450 for this handset at the R-World (Near Begumpet Hyderabad House).

I am wondering why this phone is not finding FM channel more than two. Where as her we have more than 5 FM channels in Hyderabad.

I have purchase the "Lg 3470". Except delay in typing, I have not find any other problem with this phone (considering the price range). I have paid Rs.2450 for this handset at the R-World (Near Begumpet Hyderabad House).

I am wondering why this phone is not finding FM channel more than two. Where as her we have more than 5 FM channels in Hyderabad.

try tuning manually by inserting exact fm frequency. Many phones do not find all the channels when auto tuned

thats right...

a product note :GirandoOjos:

all the features are okay..

but with 1000mah battery this phone lasts only for 2.5 hrs!

why not more.. and with FM on it will lase even less!! :confuse:

Edited by copperco2

I have purchase this @ 2450 at Hyderabad. Good phone. I have not faced any problem sofar except delay in navigaiton.

Here is a snap of the LG 3470 phone.

post-18178-1171874602_thumb.jpg

The general trend these days seems to be phones with bigger screens ...but most phones Reliance is coming out with seem to be going the other way - smaller screens!!! :huh:

smaller screens or bigger, phones should at leat do their work and have a respectable standby and talk time! :Contento:

^^^

You are right my dear friends. Battery backup must be good in any handset. And about the screen size, I think at a price like this it is not feasable for any company to provide bigger screens.

I still think that this handset is worth buying.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

And about the screen size, I think at a price like this it is not feasable for any company to provide bigger screens.

That statement is not justifiable if you see competing phones in the GSM segment. The screen size of he phone seems less than even average!

for the price at which it is available .. 2200/- something it is worth buying ..

at least for the FM :Decepcionado:

That statement is not justifiable if you see competing phones in the GSM segment. The screen size of he phone seems less than even average!

@raccoon

My dear friend you are right by your point of view, but I look at this handset by another angle.

See, if you go for the GSM handset with bigger screens at low prices, than you won't get any free calls at all nor will you get incoming facility for 3 / 6 / 12 / 24 months. In Reliance if anyone buy this handset and activate the same with appropriate GSK than he / she will not only get the on-net free calls but also will get incoming facility for some months / years.

On-net calls which are free with this handset, nearly covers the price of the handset, which is not available in GSM.

Maximum GSM operators provide offers only with entry level phones like Sagem, Motorola, LG, etc.

Again I say that this phone is worth buying especially if someone is going for the new connection.

Regards.

Dude, thats not really true... just the other day, I saw an Airtel ad budled with LG colour handsets. It had free incoming and free calls too. I cant recall the details though... And thats just an eg. ...similar new schemes from all operators are always coming.

I'd still say, you get cheaper and better handsets if you go GSM ...and not only that you get better resale value for the handsets (esp. Nokia) ... Not to mention so many other benifits like being able to change the operator!

The way I see it, with the current disadvantages, Reliance makes sense only if the phone and tariffs are at least slightly cheaper than the competition ...but this is currently NOT the case!

^^^

Absolutely agree with raccoon.

Airtel is offering in Chennai some Motorola colour mobile at Rs 1999 with 2 years incoming free and Rs 1999 worth talktime also. The validity of the free TT and the call charges I do not know. This is what I saw on a hoarding in Chennai.

It is true that RCL now no longers holds any charm for us, because their call charges are now higher than the competition and their services are becoming more and more horrible. In case one does not mind a number change, he should go ahead and go GSM. Handsets are far far better and also operators can be changed at will unlike the sole wedding to RCL. GSM now offers more competitive schemes and yes the call rates are definitely better than RCL.

RCL is now solely banking on ONNET packs. Once they remove this, no one will even sniff at them leave alone touch them. Their discrimination of existing customers vis-a-vis new customers in respect of better schemes will definitely weigh on the minds of older customers and when the opportunity presents, they will ditch RCL.

And yes, the price of 3470 as told me by the always great CC is Rs 2300 with no offers of free TT or validity. This is an unprovisioned price - meaning you have to use HCC or GSK.

Edited by khs123

Dear friends, i do agree that RCL is not offering anything special. i m only using Rel just because of 50p call rate & free unlimited calls in my cug. The day my call rate & features on my connectin change i'll get rid of my connection.

But on the other hand despite many good features & benefits, what GSM is offering is not also too good.

There's always some element hidden in their plans which will surely make a hole in your pocket.

for eg. a friend of mine opted for lifetime incoming plan on Idea, the outgoing call rate is Rs. 1.75/- & according to plan guidelines he cannot take any add-on package to reduce call rate. So, in an era when people are paying just .50p per call, it's really very expensive to pay 1.75/-.

Moreover, among all my friends using GSM, no one has call rate as low as .50p , & if anyone have, the fixed monthly rental is as high as Rs 400.

So, in a nutshell, GSM operaters are too intrested in only extracting money out of consumers pocket, but if CDMA prices rises to equalize with GSM , then it is worth shifting to gsm & dump your cdma connections & operators in some blackhole :confuse:

^^^

Exactly you are right my dear friend. Call rates in Reliance are much more competitive than other operators.

In Reliance we even get free night calling or calls at 0.15 paise per minute in on-net packs, which we can't even dream in GSM.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

I believe GSM ops have similar if not better schemes. I dont have anything for or against Reliance ...just stating facts - for eg. Airtel has a friend's scheme or something, where calling rates are 10 paise, etc, etc. But ultimately it all boils down to your personal usage. I don't have anybody with RIM in my address book anymore, so such on-net schemes are no use to me. Post paid now seems more appealing with 50 paise calls, but there is no off-net SMS pack ...so no use!! And tariffs aside, you have to learn to live with those crappy CDMA handsets... and bad out of city coverage ...no escaping that one!!!

And btw, 50 paise call tariff is now available with all/most GSM ops here now, without the high rentals! (Hutch to Hutch throught the day is 30 paise now!) So thats not an incentive anymore...

Edited by raccoon

my dear friend the phone is available in whole country as of now....

still not available in haryana .

Hi,

Even at Mumbai it is not availiable. I enquired with WW and many dealers. There is a real shortage of that handset. Is it artificaial?

Vijay

i think they have launched in some states . not all india . may be not enough stock