Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anuragz

Which Handsets Will Work On Both Reliance & Tata?

So, after this long discussion ? Do we have the knowledge of which ones will work on both ? Some members have named some handsets but they have not yet clarified whether they have tried it on both or not. So please put all the options here if any exist.

Since you are having 3125, have you tried using it on both the netwrok ?

If u can read my statement thoroughly u will get clarification i.e. All mentioned handset released by tata is compatible on both networks.It is confirmed.

Will Samsung "Hero nxt" from Tata work on Reliance? It is T-sim enabled. I asked a retailer and he said it won't work.

Not sure! Yes it T-sim enabled!

Edited by GSV13

All RUIM Based can be Used in Both Network.

and 2865, 6265, 6275 can be used in both and RWorld and Tata Zone can also be Loaded on any Phone by Loading Respective Models PRI for the Operators.

yes thats true

all ruim based can work for both

-----------------------------

Internet Marketing

I have a friend with a RIM Nokia 6255. He considering a shift to Tata because of the more attractive tariffs. Does anybody have any positive info on whether this handset can be used on the Tata network?

Edited by raccoon

I have a friend with a RIM Nokia 6255. He considering a shift to Tata because of the more attractive tariffs. Does anybody have any positive info on whether this handset can be used on the Tata network?

6255 was not activated through a RUIM by reliance although it has a RUIM slot. I think it should work wtih tata, but only our rimweb handsets experts can confirm this.

Edited by anuragz

Yes, I dont think its RUIM slot is "active". Perhaps he could get it activated, get a RIM RUIM card, and then just change it (put in a Tata T-SIM)?

Could anybody who knows comment, please?

What we are discussing here; RCL thinks it is illigal !

Reliance Comm files FIR on tampered handsets

Our Bureau

New Delhi May 27 Reliance Communications has filed an FIR with the Economic Offence Wing of the Delhi Police alleging that some of the handsets, supplied by Nokia, meant for its own subscribers were being used by Tata Teleservices' users.

Reliance has claimed that the handsets were hacked and modified to make it compliant with Tata Teleservices network.

Reliance had entered into an agreement with Nokia for supply of specific CDMA handsets, which were offered to the subscribers at subsidised rates. The handsets were tuned to function only on Reliance's network.

Nokia was supplying the handsets through its distributor for CDMA products - Brightpoint.

Hacked and modified

According to the FIR filed by Reliance on May 15, "Handsets meant for use on our network has been hacked and programmed so that the same can be used on network of Tata Indicom. We would further like to add that these handsets, embedded with our logo and trademark, are assets of the company and it had been given in trust to the manufacturer and its distributor. Hence, its unauthorised use on any other network is amounting to cheating and criminal breach of trust," said the FIR.

Reliance has alleged that it has found 6 such handsets in the market and the company expressed fears that more such handsets might be there which are still undetected. Reliance has sought an investigation into the matter to know where the tampering happened.

Reliance has also filed a similar FIR in Jaipur where handsets supplied by ZTE were allegedly found to be in use by subscribers of Tata Teleservices.

Source : http://www.blonnet.com/2007/05/28/stories/...52802350200.htm

Does that mean that they would consider it legal if someone on Tata modified the phone to use it on Reliance.

yeah? how come the handset that is bought by customer's hard earned money in full becomes the company's asset? RM is not even bundling up mobiles with plans, so that they will be cheaper with say 1 or 2 year contract etc (like verizon, for example). how the hell it is illegal to change anything that I have bought with full payment, as long as I am respecting the copyright? and on nokia models, besides the startup logo n the stulpid r-world, what is there in the cell to show it belongs to RM network? and if a customer wants to have both services, Tata and RM, should he be forced to buy 2 handsets just because the company thinks so? does nokia or any other company even provide any other alternative (like unlocked mobiles)?

this is really idiocy. would love to see them sue someone (or someone sue them) and defend these points.

now Its better to buy 6700 from sadik, they are unlocked, now RUIM enabled. So just slip in Reliance / TAATA ruim and we go. Who cares for stupid R WORLD when you have full fledge browsing in 6700?????????????

hi

i am buy a Rm handset LG 6250

Pls suggest me what the procedure use both network on my Handset

thanks In Advance.

LG: not possible to use on both. atleast as easily as nokia.

still, as 6250 is RUIM based, u can try whether Tata sim is accepted in it. if it does, good for you, else hard luck.