Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
emmi

Accessing PhoneBook in RD2030

hey check this out guys ,

i was tweaking my phone with bitpim, unicdma and after thati disconnected the cable and started using the phone i wanted a no so i opened my phone book using the shortcut key(right arrow) and selected a name , instead of a flash screen which displays the default no for a few seconds i went directly to the phone book like if u open it using names etc. so i thought of experimenting it again and started bitpim and refreshed it and rebooted my phone the it worked fine. After that i did that a few more times again i started getting the same old problem.

any similar experiences...............

I've experienced it too (without using the softwares). Sometimes the flash screen displays and other times, it goes to the phone book display option. Seems to be a bug.

Another bug I've experienced is... at times the call duration of the call goes to 00:00:00 when I disconnect the call, even though I've talked for some time ! I hope I won't get billed for such calls :(

Hi emmi,

i am also getting the same problem... there no matter of bitpim... if u rebooted your phone then you go to phone names with shortcut key (Right Arrow) it will flashes the name and number for a while..and return to names but it wont go into edit mode.... when ever you accessed your phone book through softkey names it will go to edit mode.... after then whenever you use phonebook shortcut key i.e. right key it will goes to edit mode again and again.. if u restarted it will work fine just flash name and number...

i just saw this one but i can't understand why did it comes so????

i am poor at english so that my explanation may confuses you....!!!! sorry.....

:)

Another bug I've experienced is... at times the call duration of the call goes to 00:00:00 when I disconnect the call, even though I've talked for some time ! I hope I won't get billed for such calls :)

Which s/w ver are u using cos i never experienced such a thing.

My problem with LG RD 2030 is, I select a name from the phone book and press call it shows me the same name that I selected from the phone book but the number attached to it is the no. from where I received the last call from.

;) The first time I received this error I thought the phone has changed my phone book entry also. But my phone book showed the name with the actual number stored. So if I again select the name from phone book and dial (press call) it dials the right number.

Though in my last dialled calls' list it shows me the name of the person with the wrong number.

:) Oh! but now I've got used to it. It's been more than times I can remember since the first time.

I think it's the software version.

S/W: R23REL08

PRL: 1

Which s/w ver are u  using cos i never experienced such a thing.

Its 15, have experienced it a few times now. I've marked it this time, so I'll let you know whether it was billed correctly or not :)

If u guys rem, in Ver08, when u select the name from the ShortCut Key(RightArrow) then u could only call the primary no. stored in the entry name. But if u go thru the NAMES(softkey) then u can select any of the nos. in the same entry.

With the s/w upgrade(ver15) they merged the two. ie. whether u go thru the NAMES(softkey) or the shortcut key, u reach the same place. Now the bug that was left was that the first u use the shortkey after rebooting the phone, u reach the old version shortkey, where u cannot select secondary nos. in an entry. But if once u go thru the NAMES (softkey) then after that if u go thru the SHORTCUT key, u'd reach the new version's menu!

:) all pretty weird. I dont understand something, dont they try out certain things before giving the handset softwares to the ppl? Are they so dumb? Dont they know what a "flowchart" of the phone s/w shud be?

I've marked it this time, so I'll let you know whether it was billed correctly or not  :confuse:

hey arun,

i've experienced this problem a couple of times ... the call timer either gets reset when u d/c or shows some time which is lesser than what u've spoken ... the other day i was talking to friend of mine for 35 mins and when i disconnected it showed 17:05 :P ... but the thing is i've got charged for 35 ...

I've found another bug related to phonebook.

I use ver 15.

First, a little background...there is a feature in the phone where you can assign any ringtone to a phonebook entry. So, if you don't want to assign any particular ringtone, you should go to the phonebook entry and select 'None" for the ringtone.

Now the bug...Whenever I save a new no., it automatically assigns itself to the current default ringtone, so that even if I change the default tone, I still hear the same ringtone which was the default when that no. was saved.

I say this is a bug, bcoz if each name of the phonebook attaches itself to the ringtone which was default when the no. was saved, then there's no sense in having a global default tone. So if a person whose no. is saved in my phone calls me, I might hear any ringtone instead of the current default. Its not desirable bcoz I might have changed the default ringtone to some loud-sounding one while going out in heavy traffic, but still some other ring would sound when a person calls and I might fail to hear it due to high noise.

Also, I don't think this bug was there in earlier versions i.e. 11 or 8. People having older versions could also check.

As far as I remember, this problem was present in the older versions also. I had noticed this when I got the phone last year in March. Even that software had this problem. Now, I am using version 15.

I do agree with it that this is definately a problem. But, I wont call this a bug. This is more like a designing issue.

Hi All :(

I've noticed a peculiar bug :help: in accessing the Address Book or phone book in my RD2030 model. The addrsss book can be accessed in two different ways, from the <Names> menu through the soft key at the right and from the unified tetra-directional arrow key located at the middle of the function keys. But in some cases I found a peculiar problem in accessing the names.

If I access the names through the <Names> menu with the soft key, by the path Menu>>1. Find Name>>Select and so on.......

it always displays the entry with full options in a stable screenshot. The options, which I mean here are, Entry <entry no.>, Name, Entry Status (Mobile/General/Fax/Email Address/Home/Office), Ringtone Assigned & Secrecy Status. It facilitates the user to select the number of the person according to the location (Home/Office etc.).

But, if I access the phone book through the arrow key, sometimes it shows the entry with full options in a stable screenshot abnd sometimes it shows a transient screenshot with the Name and only one number (the default one).

Is it a known bug or it is unique to my handset only :D

I think this topic was discussed earlier. Yeah, it happens to all LG RD2030 handsets (even with new software) and it seems to be a bug.

But, if I access the phone book through the arrow key, sometimes it shows the entry with full options in a stable screenshot abnd sometimes it shows a transient screenshot with the Name and only one number (the default one).

It shows the screenshot with the Name and (default)Number only once after booting the phone! Once u go thru the NAMES>FIND NAME for one time, then the same ARROW key will show the entire functions

Yes Chirag :P But that doesn't solve the problem :D