Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Just wanted to confirm from Postpaid users who who got the sim from the store:

Do they ask you for PAN card (ID proof) or Bill Copy at the Reliance store before giving you the 4G sim, or do you have to just pay Rs 25 and the sim will be handed to you, no questions asked? How quick is the process?

3 hours ago, natjay said:

Do they ask you for PAN card (ID proof) or Bill Copy at the Reliance store before giving you the 4G sim, or do you have to just pay Rs 25 and the sim will be handed to you, no questions asked? How quick is the process?

I took one SIM in Kolkata. They just asked whether its postpaid or prepaid, took Rs.25 and noted down the number and name in which it is registered. Did not ask for any papers.

• Like 1

Got a 4G sim in Hyderabad free of cost on providing CDMA number, from Reliance mobile store. Though they told me that activation may happen by 20th May, they were not sure.

Same happened with me in Pune too.

6 hours ago, natjay said:

They just asked for name and number and handed over the sim.

But they took Rs.97 for FRC and told me 'SIM is free'  :(

2 hours ago, ni0987 said:

They just asked for name and number and handed over the sim.

But they took Rs.97 for FRC and told me 'SIM is free'  :(

FRC for postpaid? :huh:

You mean for prepaid?

Edited by natjay

20 hours ago, natjay said:

FRC for postpaid? :huh:

You mean for prepaid?

yes, prepaid. And FRC was almost forced. Salesgirl will not talk if prepaid user is not carrying the SIM+mobile.

1 hour ago, ni0987 said:

yes, prepaid. And FRC was almost forced. Salesgirl will not talk if prepaid user is not carrying the SIM+mobile.

Seems every webworld is following different approach. Which webworld it was?

reliance mobile store at parpargunj, delhi.

Different dates and still no official statement from Jio.

Guys before I decide on the device..I needed one advice from all of you....

Currently I am using HTC ONE DUAL SIM phone which is DUAL SIM CDMA & GSM phone with EVDO or 3g connectivity as per specs. But I searched on net if my phone's radio can be edited to enable LTE. Now after lot searching I got to know that my chipset is Qualcomm 600 and it only supports till 3g...

Now my Question if this phone doesn't support LTE then how come AIRTEL 4G SIM is working in this device? Though it shows only H+. That being the case...

Please let me know if there is any possibility of enabling LTE? Is it worth changing my 35k phone? (When I bought price).

Guys please advise.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Talked with Reliance CC (Senior Supervisor) today afternoon they told me reliance cdma going to be closed n every one will get it migrate to 4G by the end of this month who has registered got 4G . I m from Gujrat circle Rcom postpaid user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently I am using HTC ONE DUAL SIM phone which is DUAL SIM CDMA & GSM phone with EVDO or 3g connectivity as per specs. But I searched on net if my phone's radio can be edited to enable LTE. Now after lot searching I got to know that my chipset is Qualcomm 600 and it only supports till 3g...

Now my Question if this phone doesn't support LTE then how come AIRTEL 4G SIM is working in this device? Though it shows only H+. That being the case...

Please let me know if there is any possibility of enabling LTE? Is it worth changing my 35k phone? (When I bought price).

Guys please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

HTC one dual sim supports 3G & airtel 4G has fallback to 3G & 2G NW that's the reason you get H+ which means you get latched to 3G. As far as jio is concerned currently no fallback available so you need to have 4G handset to use jio sim.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Guys please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

HTC one dual sim supports 3G & airtel 4G has fallback to 3G & 2G NW that's the reason you get H+ which means you get latched to 3G. As far as jio is concerned currently no fallback available so you need to have 4G handset to use jio sim.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't understand why VoLTE is being made to sound like a beast, much in advance..

Can you imagine voice travelling over data while you're simultaneously using other data, in a weak signal area? To what will phone give priority to? Voice or Data? Or Is the QoS pre-defined on VOLTE network?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Secondly, even if 3G/4G signals are poor, 2G at least works well in 80-90% of the areas. Will VoLTE be as efficient OR rather be more efficient than 2G for basic voice calls?

Remember, we're in India.. Although I do trust Mukesh bhai more than other telecom bosses..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ACS said:

I don't understand why VoLTE is being made to sound like a beast, much in advance..

Can you imagine voice travelling over data while you're simultaneously using other data, in a weak signal area? To what will phone give priority to? Voice or Data? Or Is the QoS pre-defined on VOLTE network?

Exactly, people are taking 'Talking on VoLTE' as 'Status symbol' ;)

I've already purchased a new 4G phone but there seems to be confusion regarding the availability of 4G sims at stores in Thane. One of my relatives was given a form to convert to GSM (from CDMA) instead of 4G.

2 minutes ago, pinn_vasu said:

Sorry May 20th

Which circle?

1 hour ago, pinn_vasu said:

7d632b13cce68dc3adc90e1cea921f33.jpg Now it's 20th Oct official date

Well, at least that's a start! So they were serious about launching in May.

Now waiting for similar SMS  in Delhi circle.

• Like 1