Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhay

Guys A Quick ?

from past few days i have been heavly posting the new from diffrent news channels or websites directly to rimweb forums without mentioning the names of the my sources

guys i wanted to know is it legal i mean somebody elses work we are posting on this forum and not even mentioning their names or a link to their website isint the news copyrighted ;)

Would be better if you could give credit to the original authors, but doesn't make too much of a difference if you don't.

True ... now most of the school / college projects are straight prints from the internet... and more than 3/4th of them are not credited to their original authors...

When I post anything on the net, I never think that It will remain © forever! coz once it is here... it is public property, u are expected to maintain it... but hey u can damage and steal it too...

cheers

Ashok

well i dont think u have to say that its "NEEDED" but when u are using a platform like rimweb(and wheni say rimweb i mean the only one with so much and good discussion about reliance) u gotta be careful at times. Well news are not copyrighted if its not mentions at the source u got the news from but if u copy it word to word then u SHOULD mention ur sources.

And never heard or read ne news agency sueing neone bcz they copied there news and pasted that on some site.... after all a news is to be spread then only it becomes the news

yup thats what i do i copy it word to word ! and which was borthering me since sooo many dayz. i thought y to take chances

Edited by abhay

Well no harm in mentioning the sources i guess...or is there any?...I guess that should be the question.....

Please always give link related to the news or info. due to link news and info become more informative and reliable.

if u give link, there is no chance of any legal issue.

Thanks and Take Care!

ethics my boy ... ethics... u may copy at will ... but that will hamper creativity as well as a healthy competition!

I would suggest a small thanks for the original author can actaully help. For all I care, u might copy one of the techie posts from one of the Top Techie sites and post it elsewhere... now someone asks u a question, which u do not know how to handle.... the situation can turn real slick.

On the other hand, if u mention that the post is a copied one... from a different site... u are not taking responsiblity and all questions will be asked at the real author... saving u the trouble

Cheers

Ashok