Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dixit

Samsung Explore

Is that so? Can it be confirmed pls? Coz I really liked this handset, and would plan to shift to it if it is unlock possible.

Yes dear I am using it on Virgin purchased at 2950 and same retailer is selling it 3300 for Reliance.

One of my friend is also using it on Reliance. Difference is that other language option is Chinese instead of Hindi and there is no option to set MP3 as ringtone.

In Virgin u hv option to set MP3 as ringtone.

That's a very good news. Any inputs from Mumbai/Pune guys where we can get the unlocked pieces? 3300 is a damn good price.

Can anyone flash this handset to RIM? 5499 seems a great price for a piece with FM+mp3 player. I am especially curious abut the Panchang application!

Even in September 2007 u were liking this handset :)

That's a very good news. Any inputs from Mumbai/Pune guys where we can get the unlocked pieces? 3300 is a damn good price.

Till now u haven't yet bought it. Just interested :D

Is data cable with Charging facility available for Explore.

Ya, I still do. Problem is, I can only get it given it works on Reliance, which is confirmed just now. :)

Yep, because of the same reason. I am neither a techie nor a seller like you, so that if that damn thing doesn't convert, I am stuck with it and can't sell it to others :P:D .

If you can provide the names of shops that do this conversion, that will be much more contributing to the discussion.

This one comes on Virgin with new name Vsleek (in black and looks good compared to silver) and priced at Rs. 2999/- with ruim and lifetime validity as advertised in newspapers these days.

I asked a vendor and he says it works with reliance, and he has already sold some to reliance connections.

Good handset at price.

Would like to get feedback from the people who already use it.

Ya, I still do. Problem is, I can only get it given it works on Reliance, which is confirmed just now. :)

Yep, because of the same reason. I am neither a techie nor a seller like you, so that if that damn thing doesn't convert, I am stuck with it and can't sell it to others :P:D .

If you can provide the names of shops that do this conversion, that will be much more contributing to the discussion.

I am using it on Virgin.

My friend is using it on Reliance, good handset & good battery.

Drawback (Reliance Converted) you can't use MP3 song as ringtone.

I need a USB charger for this handset. pls help

I tried to search in Pune shops to see if I can get Reliance enabled piece, but was not successful. Can anyone point me at such shops in Pune/Mumbai/Thane?

You won't find any reliance enabled peace as such. Actually it works on Reliance like an open market handset, due to RUIM capability. I doubt, whether R-World and R-connect is working on this handset.

I am talking about virgin provided VSleek not the TATA provided Explore.

Could we change the Title of this thread as explore/Vsleek?

I tried to search in Pune shops to see if I can get Reliance enabled piece, but was not successful. Can anyone point me at such shops in Pune/Mumbai/Thane?

Is that so? Then that damn idiot of Mobile store was not knowing what he was talking about! I don't want R-world/R-connect, i want just a good affordable phone. Will hunt again today for first checking whether it works straightaway with my Reliance card, and then for good deal on exchange of my mobile. Will keep the forum updated.

One Q: how come one poster say that the MP3 ringtone is not supported in Reliance enabled phone, but it is there in virgin phone?

No VSLEEK (VIRGIN) Does not support Reliance RUIM.

One Q: how come one poster say that the MP3 ringtone is not supported in Reliance enabled phone, but it is there in virgin phone?

People who unlock Explore or VSLEEK install a chinese version of VSLEEK software. WHich is an older Version. If you read whole topic you will come to know when Explore was launched MP3 could not be used as ringtone. It was enabled only after a software upgrade.

Chinese Version is an older version, upgrade is not available at least in my area.

you can use downloaded MP3 ringtones provided it supports RWORLD.

Has anyone got USB Charging datacable for Explore.

yeah, the handset which I checked was having software from 'Anycall', i suppose it is chinese one as you have told already?

People who unlock Explore or VSLEEK install a chinese version of VSLEEK software. WHich is an older Version. If you read whole topic you will come to know when Explore was launched MP3 could not be used as ringtone. It was enabled only after a software upgrade.

Chinese Version is an older version, upgrade is not available at least in my area.

you can use downloaded MP3 ringtones provided it supports RWORLD.

^^^

Try at Manish Market my dear Ani.

Regards.

one of my relatives has this phone working on reliance........well its correct even i saw the firmware was from anycall.... anycall is samsungs phone brand and they sell a lot of their products under this brand name ....what this means is that basically people who r unlocking it r actually flashing this phone with the original samsung firmware which must not b having any software restrictions for using on a particular network.....

well he got it done from some shop in heera panna here in mumbai ........or else like kamal said go to manish :GirandoOjos:

While searching on net, I came across this link:

http://www.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.p...ht=samsung+s259

I am currently in Pune, and maybe my schedule won't permit to go all the way to manish market when i m in Mumbai. What do you reckon, above procedure will be safe? Suppose if i brick my handset, can i claim the warranty by virgin?

Suppose if i brick my handset, can i claim the warranty by virgin?

^^^

MY dear Ani, I don't think that you will get the warranty after you brick the handset.

Regards.

While searching on net, I came across this link:

http://www.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.p...ht=samsung+s259

I am currently in Pune, and maybe my schedule won't permit to go all the way to manish market when i m in Mumbai. What do you reckon, above procedure will be safe? Suppose if i brick my handset, can i claim the warranty by virgin?

well i read that thread and i think most of the members were able to unlock without bricking their handset

as far as claiming warranty is concerned its a tricky question ...since u r not modifying the hardware in any form or tampering .....well i have read on net about a lot of people bricking their handsets in an attempt to modify their firmware n get their devices bricked but still they got ther warranty n some who didnt get it...........

and besides in any unlocking procedure there will always b a risk of bricking if done incorrectly, even if u get it done from some vendor like most other people did the chances r still there ..........

in the end the choice is yours

Better is u get it done from a professional. If you change software OS of handset warranty is void.

Better is u get it done from a professional. If you change software OS of handset warranty is void.

in this case you are not changing the os of the handset u r just flashing it with a different version of the os ........so i dont think warranty is void .......also afaik in nokia service center if your phone is bricked in doing such operations n if it underwarranty they simply reflash it for you .......no one has time to sit and check what mess you have done to the os.....they simply reflash .....but i dont know about samsung

In that case, after the reflash, the phone will not work on Reliance, isn't it?

in this case you are not changing the os of the handset u r just flashing it with a different version of the os ........so i dont think warranty is void .......also afaik in nokia service center if your phone is bricked in doing such operations n if it underwarranty they simply reflash it for you .......no one has time to sit and check what mess you have done to the os.....they simply reflash .....but i dont know about samsung