Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dixit

Samsung Explore

Is there a way to use Vsleek on Reliance Network without flashing it may be using key combinations to unlock it.

No.

Also has anyone been able to find the settings for R-World and wap access on the handset.

None yet.

That only gives setting like finishing of web addresses, .com, .net etc. Maybe useful in browsing, but it doesn't give anything to change the IP etc.

should be possible, with some tweaking through QPST, if anybody knows prody, dns and port for wap setting let me know here.

Hi ,

Has anyone been successful in using R-World or WAP on the VSleek / Samsung Explore.

thx

Tataindicom launches ne Samsung Explore

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/cdma/cdma/sch_s259.asp

Hi Prakash,

the following wap settings were posted on rimweb in a post by HetalDp are as under:

HetalDPJun 16 2008, 12:14 AM

Reliance WAP Settings

Connection Name: Reliance Mobile World

server dial:#777

User name: SC810@wap.relianceinfo.com

Password: PaEs98nsde

Proxy Server IP: wapgw.ricinfo.com

Proxy Server port: 8080

Means Proxy / Port = wapgw.ricinfo.com:8080

Wap Site = http://rworld.co.in

TATA Wap Settings

Connection Name = TATA Zone

Dialer Connection Name = TATA Zone

Server Dial = #777

User Name = wapuser

Password = wapuser

Proxy Server IP = 172.23.252.15

Proxy Server Port = 9401

Means Proxy / Port = 172.23.252.15:9401

Wap Site Address = http://wap.tatazone.com

should be possible, with some tweaking through QPST, if anybody knows prody, dns and port for wap setting let me know here.
Hi ,

Has anyone been successful in using R-World or WAP on the VSleek / Samsung Explore.

thx

Tataindicom launches ne Samsung Explore

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/cdma/cdma/sch_s259.asp

I baught Virgin Vsleek yesterday, actually my plan is to use with my tata indicom cdma sim card. It showing "invalid sim" when I inserted my tata indicom sim, i tried with a reliance cdma sim, same result.

after three attempts the phone dispayed "got locked up. contact service centre to unlock". tomorrow i am going to service center to unlock it.

is there any way to use the same virgin vsleek handset to use with my tata indicom sim without loosing the warrenty (I mean without flasing) ????

thanks in advance.

Edited by thinkpositive

checked with the service center guys... they unlocked the handset. they told that the phone is designed to work only with virgin.

any solution guys ????

I have downloaded some pics using VBYTES (VIRGIN- RWORLD). Is it possible to transfer files to PC.

Edited by Saurav

checked with the service center guys... they unlocked the handset. they told that the phone is designed to work only with virgin.

any solution guys ????

Read the previous few pages. you can easiy unlock it to use tata/rim/mtnl cdma card. search on google.

I have bought VSleek and unlocked with Unicom software and using on reliance. Can anybody tell me whether the phone book memory is reduced to 200 from 250 contacts? I see only 150 contacts on SIM. What is the experience of people who are using it?

Can you use the Memeory card area to store additional contacts?

Umesh

any solution guys ????

Read the previous few pages. you can easiy unlock it to use tata/rim/mtnl cdma card. search on google.

Can u sync phone book after changing to unicom software?

can we use RIM with tata or virgin firmware?
No. You can flash only using Unicom firmware. Even if you want to go back to Virgin for using the internet, you have to get the phone to SC and get it reflashed. Only Unicom fireware is available on internet.

Hii

i converted sleek using china unicom file...but ots an old firmware..now i am using rim connection..if any one want Virgin or Tata firmware its also available..message me..if any one want

No we cnt use rim connection with tata and virgin firmware

can we use RIM with tata or virgin firmware?
No. You can flash only using Unicom firmware. Even if you want to go back to Virgin for using the internet, you have to get the phone to SC and get it reflashed. Only Unicom fireware is available on internet.

Hii

i converted sleek using china unicom file...but ots an old firmware..now i am using rim connection..if any one want Virgin or Tata firmware its also available..message me..if any one want

TATA AND VIRGIN ORIGINAL FIRMWARE FOR OUR FRIENDS

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tc0q4l

do they have single version for TATA and Virgin?

I would like to have updates for china unicom firmware, anybody please?

Pls PM me the link of Virgin and Tata firmware.

SAMSUNG EXPLORE S259 ORIGINAL TATA AND VIRGIN BIN FILES

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tc0q4l

Guys, I would like to know, that explorer and vsleek has any difference in hardware? i am asking this coz, none of the drawbacks in explorer mentioned in this forum are noticed in vsleek. I mean heating, battery etc.

With my experience, I have talked for 45 mins for a single call on vsleek but no heating. Battery goes well for 3 days on charge with moderate usage. MP3 player supports folders and sound quality is ok.

There is no difference in the two. Both are SGH 256, with a different color casing. The problems faced may be due to network availability. I remember when I kept the phone in a stash of clothes, where Tata range is already low, after 30 minutes or so it was quite hot.

Rest, 3 days battery life is good. I get usually 1.5/1.75 days.

There is no difference in the two. Both are SGH 256, with a different color casing. The problems faced may be due to network availability. I remember when I kept the phone in a stash of clothes, where Tata range is already low, after 30 minutes or so it was quite hot.

Rest, 3 days battery life is good. I get usually 1.5/1.75 days.

Virgin uses Tata network only.

Virgin uses Tata network only.

Yes, I know. I am saying the place where Tata network is low, it will give less battery life. Also, as I am using Reliance on this handset and the network at my home is bit less, so I get less battery life.

@Saurav: yes, the model number is Samsung SGH S259. Thanks for correcting me.