Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dixit

Samsung Explore

Better is u get it done from a professional. If you change software OS of handset warranty is void.

in this case you are not changing the os of the handset u r just flashing it with a different version of the os ........so i dont think warranty is void .......also afaik in nokia service center if your phone is bricked in doing such operations n if it underwarranty they simply reflash it for you .......no one has time to sit and check what mess you have done to the os.....they simply reflash .....but i dont know about samsung

warranty will be available only if you flash with another Indian software version that too from an ASC.

Handsets imported in India by Samsung are only provided warranty. New software being installed in chinese edition so warranty will be void.

@ prakash

yes if the service center flashes it ,it will b with the indian version and reliance wont work

@saurav

bro what i m thinkin is that in such cases when the phone is bricked the phone would never boot up properly so there is no way of knowing as to what u did with the os unless some one sits n figures out the reigistry which is rarest of the case.........no one has time and everyone is so lazy they would simply reflash the phone ...........only thing is that the customer should stick to the point that he doesnt know what happened to the handset

and it would also depend as sometimes this things work and u get ur warrranty and sumtimes u r unlucky ............

Hey guys (specially Sadik ;) ) I have taken the plunge and bought vSleek! Cost me 2999 with lifetime incoming. I was going to hack it, but couldn't find a damn cable. The cable I bought was not detecting the phone on PC. I will get the cable today and will use the above method to unlock.

Initial observations: Very good looking phone at 3000. FM quality ok, but not very loud. MP3 not checked, because no data cable is included. Gets charged quickly, and after full charge on Saturday night, it is still showing 2 sticks (out of 3! The charge display has 3 sticks, not usual 4, so the charge is 33%, 66% & 100%. Wierdness on samsung's part.) Virgin's service seems ok, no call drops yet. The feel of handset is great and very light.

I will update my progress on this thread. Wish me luck!

I will update my progress on this thread. Wish me luck!

^^^

Dear Ani, our good wishes are always with you. Go ahead !

Regards.

:clap: Guys guess what! Operation successful :cheer: It's very easy, anyone can do it. Phone took about 10 minutes, did everything by itself! Only thing is, first remember the position how to change the language back to english, because that software is chinease.

good to hear that.....u see unlocking procedure isnt difficult at all if u follow the instructions properly

cheers

Congrats my dear Ani.

Quick update. The phone works perfectly. The browser now redirects to anycall browser, which can't connect (earlier virgin browser wasn't connecting as well). Phone gets some additional features, like a shortcut page to right click, some new sounds etc. Panchang is gone, which was expected as it was in Hindi.

I am not able to use samsung pc studio after reflashing. The card can be accessed when connected to PC, but pc studio is not detecting the phone.

Also, can someone tell is there any way to disable the click sound? I want only the ringer sound, not any other button click sound.

EDIT: Got how to disable the click sound. One has to click the sound control button on the side all the way down. I thought it controls ringtone noise like nokia, seems like i was wrong. Now I can't figure how to go to SSR mode.

Edited by ani_meher

ani,

me too has bought this phone. nice one at the cost, i got unlocked one from a vendor in my locality. but the software is for China Unicom so some stuff in chinese like default groups and browser settings for china unicom, can not use the browser.

Looking for the solutions to these problems.

where do you bought the cable and at what price?

-prakash

Quick update. The phone works perfectly. The browser now redirects to anycall browser, which can't connect (earlier virgin browser wasn't connecting as well). Phone gets some additional features, like a shortcut page to right click, some new sounds etc. Panchang is gone, which was expected as it was in Hindi.

I am not able to use samsung pc studio after reflashing. The card can be accessed when connected to PC, but pc studio is not detecting the phone.

Also, can someone tell is there any way to disable the click sound? I want only the ringer sound, not any other button click sound.

EDIT: Got how to disable the click sound. One has to click the sound control button on the side all the way down. I thought it controls ringtone noise like nokia, seems like i was wrong. Now I can't figure how to go to SSR mode.

Cable was bought at some local shop, just show them the phone and they will give the cable. I got it for Rs.150. After flashing with Unicom, I am not able to use samsung studio on that phone. However, it connects perfectly in pen-drive mode, so u can transfer pictures/mp3s etc, but no additional ringtone, and no card operation like sync etc.

BTW did you pay anything above 3k for unlocking? Did you get the virgin lifetime incoming free offer?

Edited by ani_meher

Good to see new flashers amongst us... :P

I inquired Tata about the cost of this handset 'Samsung explorer' as they name it. It is a whooping 4500! I mean, why is there so much cost difference between vSleek and Explorer, which are basically Samsung S259? 50% extra cost just for silver color handset with tata lock is not worth, I think. The cable costs 150 bucks or even less, so even if Tata bundles the cable along (which I doubt), still the cost won't escalate so high.

Damn CDMA providers looting customers.

I paid 3100, but that was despo act, as other vendor who was offering me at 2800 was taking too much time.

No virgin connection with this.

could you get rworld or web browser activated with reflashing?

Cable was bought at some local shop, just show them the phone and they will give the cable. I got it for Rs.150. After flashing with Unicom, I am not able to use samsung studio on that phone. However, it connects perfectly in pen-drive mode, so u can transfer pictures/mp3s etc, but no additional ringtone, and no card operation like sync etc.

BTW did you pay anything above 3k for unlocking? Did you get the virgin lifetime incoming free offer?

No, I did not try r-world/web browser, as i don't use them, so no idea about them.

A suggestion to future buyers, buy the phone with virgin connection, that way u'll get the 300rs connection free. Then, as you have to buy a datacable for mp3 transfer, use that datacable n unlock it by urself.

what is the unlocking procedure and software? can i tweak the my current firmware (china unicom one) for rworld and browser setttngs?

does your handset uses mp3 ringers?

No, I did not try r-world/web browser, as i don't use them, so no idea about them.

A suggestion to future buyers, buy the phone with virgin connection, that way u'll get the 300rs connection free. Then, as you have to buy a datacable for mp3 transfer, use that datacable n unlock it by urself.

For unlocking procedure, use google. It's widely spread. You can also use the link i posted a few posts ago.

No idea about tweaking Unicom fireware for browsing.

Unicom fireware doesn't support mp3 ringers. Only preloaded ones.

can we flash it with other versions of software for tweaking the reliance add on service like rworld and rconnect and browser?

For unlocking procedure, use google. It's widely spread. You can also use the link i posted a few posts ago.

No idea about tweaking Unicom fireware for browsing.

Unicom fireware doesn't support mp3 ringers. Only preloaded ones.

No. You can flash only using Unicom firmware. Even if you want to go back to Virgin for using the internet, you have to get the phone to SC and get it reflashed. Only Unicom fireware is available on internet.

No. You can flash only using Unicom firmware. Even if you want to go back to Virgin for using the internet, you have to get the phone to SC and get it reflashed. Only Unicom fireware is available on internet.

Hii

i converted sleek using china unicom file...but ots an old firmware..now i am using rim connection..if any one want Virgin or Tata firmware its also available..message me..if any one want

can we use RIM with tata or virgin firmware?

Hii

i converted sleek using china unicom file...but ots an old firmware..now i am using rim connection..if any one want Virgin or Tata firmware its also available..message me..if any one want

NO RIM can not be used with TATA & VIRGIN ROM.

Is there a way to use Vsleek on Reliance Network without flashing it may be using key combinations to unlock it.

Also has anyone been able to find the settings for R-World and wap access on the handset.

Tataindicom launches ne Samsung Explore

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/cdma/cdma/sch_s259.asp