Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

No Oxygen, No Water, No Land, No Light! Total Network !

guys got a glimpse of a new advt by RCoVL, where they claim

No Water | Total Network,

No Oxygen | Total Network,

No Land | Total Network,

No Light | Total Network

but guys do u think so! . .atleast i have wherever gone felt this be in Himachal , J & K and in and around Rajasthan i have felt this but one thing that i have felt that the voice clarity is almost superb, i admit that most of u might nt agree with that but whatever be the case me have never been either cheated or call problem with RIM, it rocks from me!

Indeed they are NO1 Network!

Edited by @ksh@T

it sux for me........... it doesnt work good for me when i am at the car parking lot which is -3 basement at my work place........

where as i heard of other connections such as hutch working absolutely perfect in such places...

i guess reliance shud come up with something which cud make their fone work undergrounds as well...

guys i personally have a BSNL connection but it s**ks in voice clarity yes reach is good but what the hell of reach if voice is not good! mean u cant talk!

I have a hutch, a RIM and an Airtel that I carry all the time... other than these i have a dolphin connection (which my sis uses now) .. and well .. Reliance does have a very good voice clarity - but the claims of coverage everywhere is not exactly true ...

I go for these crazy 600 kms + bike rides ... and many a times I have network on BSNL (Dolphin - roaming) but not on RIM.

so well ... the service might be good in some places ... but definetly not all !!

cheers

ashok

In my bed room i have everything but rcovl network.

Already shifted to BPL. all my calls are now diverted on my BPL.

guys got a glimpse of a new advt by RCoVL, where they claim

No Water | Total Network,

No Oxygen | Total Network,

No Land | Total Network,

No Light | Total Network

but guys do u think so! . .atleast i have wherever gone felt this be in Himachal , J & K and in and around Rajasthan i have felt this but one thing that i have felt that the voice clarity is almost superb, i admit that most of u might nt agree with that but whatever be the case me have never been either cheated or call problem with RIM, it rocks from me!

Indeed they are NO1 Network!

I fully agree that Reliance network is best except part of rajasthan and entire north east, coverage is superb, voice quality is far better than any GSM. In last more than 3 years and 3 my main connection with billing of more than 1500 PM and 15 connection with billing of about 300 PM, never faced any problem in billing. My Billing is always lower than my frnd who uses GSM. Only thing I do not like about CDMA is handset varieties and quality.

my fren is working in Magarpatta City (those in Pune might be knowing this) and can u believe Reliance has no network at a place where there are MNCs and big Indian companies too !!

That is precisely what I'm saying ... lotsa places where all other networks have their grace ... but RIM does not show up ... :Contento:

Infact places like igatpuri highway on the Kalyan Shirdi Highway where I get 5 bands on hutch and 3 on airtel, I was getting NONE on Reliance ... initially thought it was the issue with the handset, but then found that anything from Kyocera to telson to PPC to what not incl nokia had the same issue ... so defnietly the network aint what is exactly on the ad..

maybe they mean that they have coverage in places with no water, electricity or food ... but in many places where all that is there .. there is no network...

:Contento: hehe

cheers

karki

Guys no doubt RCOM has the best voice clarity..But as it has been a late entrant in telcom its natural that it does not have network everwhere..the ad not withstanding..But I am sure it can only improve..They have been in a fix over whether to expand the cdma operation or wait for GSM spectrum..thats one big reason of delay in expanding their network..

Which has categorically been answered by TRAI sometime back - confirming that the CDMA operations will not be given additional berth of CDMA in areas already covered !

cheers

karki

well i surrendered mine RIM corporate plan bcoz of call drops and we switched to HUTCH through customer support is pathetic in HUTCH but network and voice quality wise i am satisfied also call charges are quite ok.

I had been to New Delhi about an year ago. And while traveling in the metro rail underground section, there was full signal almost throughout.

But yes, there was coverage problem in ghaziabad border areas (I was staying in my bro's place at Kaushambhi). But then all networks are weak in this place ...Airtel, Hutch (then it was hutch).

All networks cannot be operational at all the places. So in some areas RCL may be very strong and in some areas they may not be present at all. The recent ads of Airtel states that network is available in 1.75 lakh villages and 5000 towns. And the ad of RCL states network available in 10000 towns, but no mention of how many villages. So, how do we conclude that RCL is better or Airtel? Similar is the case with handsets - what one gets in LG, he may not get in Nokia and so on.

If in a particular place, you get good network of any operator, then one can continue with that operator. As far as Chennai is concerned, he service is good enough everywhere except in some areas which are very deep inside. I would say, network is available in atleast 95% area. Just 70 to 80 kms away from Chennai, RCL is not present but BSNL, Airtel, Hutch and Aircel are going great guns. Only RCL and Tata are not available here for a radius of about 20 to 40 kms.

Try your luck. I had RPG (before it became Aircel), then Skycell (before it became Airtel), then Airtel, then Hutch, then finally BSNL. Of all these, BSNL was a bit bad, in that calls used to drop badly although the signals were fully available. RCL from the beginning has been good and the voice clarity amazing. Initially I had lots of problems with RCL's billings etc, all these are now past. Currently not many issues - I guess I have become immune to the fact that RCL does resolve all billing disputes to my satisfaction always and hence I do not worry even if there are any major billing problems.

CC has always been a major problem with all operators except RPG which had some exceptionally very good CC staff. They used to call back and resolve matters directly without asking for any supervisors permissions. Of course those days, there were only very few subscribers. Skycell was the worst, Hutch till some two years back had some very polite CC staff (it now clones RCL in sheer arrogance). Aircel was OK-OK and BSNL was not existent at all. Compared to all, RCL had good CC till MDA was there, once ADA took over, it has been a very, very steep fall. However the best thing with RCL is they reply and resolve almost everything when you email them.

I will still continue with RCL unmindful of the lousy handsets so far. Hope once 3G kicks in, we will have something better than GSM.

Thanks.

"10,000 towns 3 lakh villages" is mentioned in the ad.

The recent ads of Airtel states that network is available in 1.75 lakh villages and 5000 towns. And the ad of RCL states network available in 10000 towns, but no mention of how many villages. So, how do we conclude that RCL is better or Airtel?

Thanks.

It isn't right to determine whether a network provider is good or bad depending upon how good or bad the network is in *your* area. That depends on the position of the tower nearby. Few post above someone mentioned that Hutch has better coverage in *his* basement, but could be because there is a Hutch tower nearby than a Reliance tower which could be more distance away. As far as main centers are concerned, I guess all networks could be covering it equally. Even the coverage statements given by the providers could be exxagerated, so it all boils down to *your* experience which is the best network for *you*.

I went to WW yesterday, executive said probably there will not be further investments in CDMA, RIM may roll out GSM in next 3 months and Portability at the same time.

So I think RIM will retain its customer and also will be new revolution in terms of price and services. Reliance services as improived a lot after ADA has taken over. THis is my experience

In pune, reliance network is great. No other network has shown the consistency of holding up network strength. RCOM coming to GSM is a welcome move, but i'll wait n watch for a few months before taking the big plunge.

So I think RIM will retain its customer and also will be new revolution in terms of price and services. Reliance services as improived a lot after ADA has taken over. THis is my experience

:) Really??? My experience has been just the opposite! Both network and customer service has declined since ADA took over!

As for the network in Poona... RIM is good for voice calls within city limits ...tho the network has declined in the past few months ...esp. since ADA took over! For SMS it sux in ALL ways. Outside city limits, on highways, hill stations, etc, coverage is BAD! U get absolutely no coverage in places like Panchgini, Mahabeleshwar, Narayangaon, on most highways, etc, etc. Not sure about other operators, but Idea has coverage at most of the places where RIM does not ...and is generally more reliable too.

Edited by raccoon

"10,000 towns 3 lakh villages" is mentioned in the ad.
The recent ads of Airtel states that network is available in 1.75 lakh villages and 5000 towns. And the ad of RCL states network available in 10000 towns, but no mention of how many villages. So, how do we conclude that RCL is better or Airtel?

Thanks.

Thanks, mate, I saw the ad once again yesterday during the India-Pak finals and you are right about 3 lakh villages. This means that RCL has more than double the network of Airtel. And yet they have only about 60 to 65% of Airtel's numbers. Or maybe they are bluffing about the availability in so many villages and towns? Quite possible with RCL, na?

is there any standard definition of town and villages? Even government do not have how can private operator can have?

well i mean what you all ppl have setiments abt reliance but one thing that rocks for me is voice quality and connectivity, indeed i mean that i also have had problems in roaming but now i am satisfied, guys i have a bsnl connection and at times i cant talk when there is tower in range of 100m frm my house and sm mebers like ali, kumaarshah had recd my sms from vaishno devi @ top of bhavan where there was no tower can u believe ... i had also talked to many ppl from there and u knw the nearest tower is actually quite far away frm there!.....

@ ashoksoft

i respect whatever you say ... mean an end consumer just needs substance he is in no way to think what ever is there. man airtel has been operating past 12 yrs and have beefed up quite a lot of money from us if in 12 yrs they are giving u a network that a new company is giving u within 4-5 yrs or operation which 1 is good.

my question is even if a tower is nearby. Is reliance network capable of working undergrounds. i am talking about -3 basement which would be some 40 feet below ground level.

i have seen other people using their GSM mobile phones at the same place.

i have been using reliance connection since when reliance dint used to provide the 93 series no. and i have no doubts of its voice clarity but when you are in the coverage area.

Edited by lgrd2130

^^^

As i have already mentioned in my post #12 above, my handset was working in Delhi metro underground section, and I guess it is atleast 2 levels below ground level.

Can anybody from Delhi confirm about network inside the metro?

^^^

As i have already mentioned in my post #12 above, my handset was working in Delhi metro underground section, and I guess it is atleast 2 levels below ground level.

Can anybody from Delhi confirm about network inside the metro?

Well i am also getting network & able to talk clearly but thats when i am in Metro underground station in Calcutta

Its not only reliance or Airtel or operators, it is about frequencies at which network operates, higher the frequency lesser the penetration. CDMA inherits lesser penetration than GSM. But at the same time it covers more on ground. So I think basically more important is coverage than penetration. If operator puts repeater than network is possible in 3 level down basement too.