Price - Rs 2850 - Data Card Cost , Connection Cost Extra.. As mentioned below

Rs 330 for Postpaid,

Rs. 99/220 for Prepaid

Edited by reliance.adag

This is new data card...

Price - Rs 2850+ Rs 330 for Postpaid. Rs 99/220 for Prepaid

Is it UIM based

No, Dear..Why Reliance will give you UIM Based..haha

is it a data card? it looks bulkier than a card..

and it is available only fr Rs.99.. i guess the initial payment and activation 220.. right.

whats the catch?

Looks like pen drive.....

Its challenge to more popular TATA's Plug2Surf Whiz pen drive.

That's good to hear.....Competition is getting hotter......

but guys speed does matters, and yes theese days spped has quite reduced from earlier times . . i get 11 - 15k in day and abt 18 - 20 k in night!

@CuCo2

99/200 are plans not cost!

Two additional options with Reliance

1. Retractable antenna

2. Voice call option

what are the speeds you guys getting on various reliance data cards... or tata cards... My phone is gone bad want to switch over to data card...

The most important thing of this Data Card is that It do not need any installation.....

YES!! Plug and play...You just have to create a new connection>>#777 Settings thats it..

No Driver is needed in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and Mac...

but what the cost in prepaid,is it the same as you have mentioned.

then what is the USP for 99/200 prepaid on postpaid..

is there unlimited plan also in this..

The most important thing of this Data Card is that It do not need any installation.....

YES!! Plug and play...You just have to create a new connection>>#777 Settings thats it..

Thats great. But it has to create a new modem. otherwise how to create new internet connection with #777. Do you mean that the new modem would be created automatically, just like we get a new removable disk when a pen drive is inserted.

Thats great. But it has to create a new modem. otherwise how to create new internet connection with #777. Do you mean that the new modem would be created automatically, just like we get a new removable disk when a pen drive is inserted.

as the pen drive is connected the drivers should get installed automatically may be it doesnt need to.

abt the modem, while creating the connection auto find the modem in the settings and that should do.. i have done it earlier, but cannot tell the exact steps.

Hi friends ,

This is the complete picture for this new product..

Product Highlights

* Direct USB connector - no need for adaptor or cable

* Slim, sleek and stylish - similar to a thumb drive in size and looks

* Plug n Play - No need to install drivers - just connect and surf using the Windows dialer

* Retractable antenna - better signal strength in low RF areas.

Advantages over Tata Plug n Surf USB modem

* Support for Voice

* Retractable antenna

* Much Better coverage

* Backed by support in over 300 towns

1. Background

* Current devices are PCMCIA-Data cards (for laptops only) & USB-wireless modem (usable with both desktops & Laptops) with data, voice & SMS facilities.

* Current USB modem EC325 is quite large in size, has a miniUSB connector, thereby needing a adaptor or cable to connect to the USB port of the laptop/desktop.

* Reliance communications has now launched the new MG880 USB Modem (usable with both desktops & Laptops) with data, voice & SMS facility. It is a conveniently slim & stylish solution for internet access on the move.

* MG880 USB modem offers

o Direct USB connector for convenient plug into the laptop USB port

o Retractable Antenna which enhances signal strength in low RF conditions

o Plug n Play drivers – the modem does not require any installation of drivers and can be directly plugged into any XP PC and used without installation of drivers. However, the Windows dialup modem configuration needs to be done (dailling no # 777, username, password). We have tested this feature on Windows XP, test results for other versions will be conveyed to you.

* Competition – Competition comes from TATA Indicom who a have similar range of products and have also recently introduced the new Plug n Surf, a wireless USB Modem (only data & SMS / no voice) which is quite stylish, slim and has a direct USB connector. It is quite popular in the market because of its convenience and slim looks.

* Tata USB does not have a retractable antenna and voice capability.

2. Current Situation

* With this product, we should be able to expand the market to cover new segments like youth and laptops with PCI Express slots who found current USB to be inconvenient.

* Currently, share of USB is 65% of total data card sales, which is likely to grow to 70% with the launch of this product.

3. Target Market

* SME/SOHO

* Professionals

* Traders/Entrepreneurs

* Corporate Executives in individual capacity.

* Students

* Those who have owned a laptop or desktop & those who are planning to own a laptop/desktop

4 Features & specifications

* Nationwide network coverage

* Reliable connectivity with Speed of up to 153.6 Kbps.

* Data, Voice and SMS capabilities.

* Enhanced download & surfing speed with he cutting edge CDMA 1X technology

* Easy to install and use

* High -Speed Wireless Data Access for Laptop or Tablet PC

Specifications

* Windows : 98,2000.ME,XP,Vista 32 bit

* PC Slot : USB 1.0 or 2.0

* Memory : 64 MB

* Disk Space: 30 MB.

* Disk Drive : CD ROM

No change from the current pricing of EC325 USB modem.

USB Modem EC325 & MG880

post-26277-1190966180_thumb.jpg

the tariff would be the same, only the appliance is new.

there is this thing that if you guarrantee for so many months at a particular monthly committement then you get it for free.

like DAPO..

what about the performens....hav any one used it?? :winko:

i feelt the speed is slower then the usb modem...though it has v-client in it :D

My dear friends, if this USB DATA CARD doesn't have the Data Based usage plans than it is useless for heavy users.

As we all knows that we get Data Based Plan only in PCMCIA Data Cards in which we are bill according to our Data Downloads and not on per minute basis. In USB DATA CARDS their is no Data Based Plans.

Although many retailers are misguiding you by telling you that all Data Cards have the same plans, that means you will get Data Based Plans in USB data cards also, which is totally false.

So my dear friends, don't get into the trap of dealers. First call to customer care, confirm and then only go a head.

Regards.

dear honest it was way back that data based plan were only on pcmcia n not on usb ,; but now it is not the same .

you can very well get data based plan on usb card . As a proof arun and i am also using same data based 650 plan on usb card .

^^^

@supernova

Yes my dear friend you are 100% right, I too confirmed it by the Customer Care today and they told me that as of now we can get data based plans on USB modems also.

Regards.

^^^

@supernova

Yes my dear friend you are 100% right, I too confirmed it by the Customer Care today and they told me that as of now we can get data based plans on USB modems also.

Regards.

Exactly , me using 1gb plan on usb datacard since last yer :Riendo:

hey guys is this device ruim based n wht abt the speed issues?????

i feel earlier usb card was having beeter speed