Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahujas

Samsung Max Available With Reliance

Ha Ha...

@ Akshat - This hearsay really fits here...

Half Knowledge person trying to explain himself as Full Knowledgeable Person..Ha Ha...Lolz

I bought this instrument on 29 April '08 and it became dead on 12 June '08... local service center unable to find out the reason for the same.

The phone has gone for repairs to HO...

Bad decision... to go for a Samsung rather than NOKIA... :huh:

^^^

@Ankur

My dear friend, if the problem is so severe that the service centre too can't find out, then you should have asked them to replace the handset rather then to send it for repairs to HO.

That is not the case of all handsets in Samsung. One handset in thousands could be deffective and that is with all mobile manufacturers, be it Nokia or any other.

Regards.

well finally finally got the way to send MMS's from Max but till now not able to insert sound and image just 1024 character and something let me discover will post more about " MMS is MAX"

Thanks for the reply Kamal :)

I asked them to replace the same... they said it won't be replaced !!!

Ya faced some issues with NOKIA also in the past... But Nokia was better in this part too... as previously I had Nokia 6255, I used to face frequent switch off problems with it... and sent it for repairs thrice in guarantee period. And the result was replacement of the instrument with a 6265 instrument... :D which is going good and its still in use too.

Will try to communicate in writing with Samsung Company... maybe if they can replace it !

^^^

Correct buddy. You should ask them to replace the handset with a new one. As you purchased the handset few days back only.

Infact you should insist them to replace it. Chances are very high that you could get a brand new handset from them.

You are the best negotiator and you very well knows how to teach the lesson to these companys.

I do remember the case of Sify too. :thumb:

Regards.

well finally finally got the way to send MMS's from Max but till now not able to insert sound and image just 1024 character and something let me discover will post more about " MMS is MAX"

How did you manage to MMS on samsung MAX? I would like to know? Importantly how can samsung not provide MMS feature on a multimedia phone.? Also i have been trying to reach to samsung through their website but the forms on their website are not working showing a database error

So i got back the mobile... it is really strange that Smasung is afraid to disclose the reason... as to what went wrong with the mobile or what part is replaced ???

Really a Bad Experience overall... with the kind of commitment and promises that were made, when I asked for replacement of Instrument... Big Liars !!!

^^^

Its really bad of Samsung my dear friend. They should have atleast told you what was happened to your mobile and which part did they replaced. Didn't they mentioned the reason in the service profile sheet on which they take signature of the customer while handing over the handset ? They have to mention the description of the replaced part their.

Regards.

No they did not take any signature anywhere while handing over the instrument... and the person at service center, who was giving big assurance a day before... Said: "we dont know what was wrong with the Instrument... he further added we are not informed by the Head Office as to what was wrong or what has been replaced, just that your Instrument is working now" !!!

A day before, the same person assured me on asking for a new instrument... that dont worry, there won't be any repairs. There was some major problem, so there would be a replacement probably of Mother Board, and a new part would be replaced in your presence... and nothing of the sort happened... !!!

Nokia Service Center, everytime lets customer know, what exactly is wrong...

well still working on the MMS feature . .am able to open up the MMS app but not able to insert image and all . . .just thinking how this MMS is?! wait fore a day or two . . i will disclose it definitely

@Ankur

My dear friend, even LG service centre too everytime tell the customer about which part has been replaced by them. They even take the signature of the cutomer on the service list also.

This is no good of Samsung at all.

It shows how bad the service of Samsung is.

All others must be aware before purchasing Samsung products.

Regards.

Better go in for Palm 755P from Sadik at below 10K than these handsets. Palm is several times better and feature rich at such affordable price.

hi m new user!!!! i have been keepin a track on this forum since a while and finally decided to join it!!! m plannin to pickup samsung max!! well i have doubt abt this fone!! :sos:

1) can we use mp3 files as ringtones n if yes can v assign it 2 particular callers

2) is this fone wap enabled i read on forum dat it is!! but plenty other also were it said its not!! so wat is it exactly??

3)can it play video files from external source?? i red in this forum it cant but also that samsung guys r comin up with some software which helps play it?? so wta the update on that??

4)how is the user interface?? is it like samsung e250 which looked like some DOS game inteface u know wat i mean rite!

5) somebody said that it does have browser but there was no update on dat also so if u cud jus let me knw!!

6) does it support java?

7) finally the verdict can i go for it?? :confuse:

Edited by abhipan03

dont buy max very bad handsets search this forum topics about this handsets

Veyr right... dont buy... MAX !!!

Mine was dead on 45th day of purchase... and even customer care is fooling customers.

Can some one clear my doubt... its important...

" If MOTHER BOARD of phone (Samsung Max) is changed... whether the data of phone would get deleted specially SMS messages " ???

As SAMSUNG company has now claimed, that we have replaced... MotherBorad of your phone !

But on the other hand... all the old SMS were intact in the phone.

^^^

@Ankur

My dear friend, it seems that Samsung people are the biggest liers. As if the mother board changed of any handset then all your data will be gone. Whether it may be SMS or Phone Book.

As when my LG 2230 motherboard was changed recently, the service centre people told me that all my old data will be gone. And when they replaced the motherboard, really all my data was gone.

So, in my point of view, they are not telling the truth to you. This is no good of Samsung at all. They can't do this to anybody.

You must teach them the lesson.

Regards.

P.S. : Their is a little chance that they had backed-up your data through some source and then reloaded on to your mobile. But still I don't think that any service provider could do this.

Thanks a lot for the reply... :GirandoOjos:

It seemed doubtful... as the same person gave this version that we have replaced the Mother Borad, who a day before said -> that we dont have any idea, what exactly has been done with your mobile. And we dont have any information from HO.

I also dont agree that they would have taken the backup, otherwise more data should have been there like Contacts Pics, etc.

Further, as today I have recorded the words of Samsung employee Mr Anuj Verma in Audio that new Mother Board has been replaced, and on the other hand I have evidence in the form of old SMS in the mobile... need to do something :SI:

dkaile - Warranty?

People also need 1 year warranty also. Indian People :D

hi m new user!!!! i have been keepin a track on this forum since a while and finally decided to join it!!! m plannin to pickup samsung max!! well i have doubt abt this fone!! sos.gif

1) can we use mp3 files as ringtones n if yes can v assign it 2 particular callers

2) is this fone wap enabled i read on forum dat it is!! but plenty other also were it said its not!! so wat is it exactly??

3)can it play video files from external source?? i red in this forum it cant but also that samsung guys r comin up with some software which helps play it?? so wta the update on that??

4)how is the user interface?? is it like samsung e250 which looked like some DOS game inteface u know wat i mean rite!

5) somebody said that it does have browser but there was no update on dat also so if u cud jus let me knw!!

6) does it support java?

7) finally the verdict can i go for it?? confused.gif

@abhipan03

here are ur answers

1) yes u can use MP3 files as your ringtones. but they have to be in phone memory.

2) yes it is wap enabled but till now the sets are with tata's internet connectivity settings. to launch wap browser go to inbox>then type a url and save it in draft then open the message and go to option s and press connect.

3) well there are two ways to play the external video but mind it it has to be MP4. either go to camera>create a folder and then copy the files and play video

OR

go to bluetooth?enable BT>send FILES>find the file and select play

4)cant say anything about this . . but the interface is quick and fast

5)NO JAVA - NO INSTALLATIONS OF S/W GAMES

6) i love this phone dunno know why

i think u got the answers

@abhipan03

here are ur answers

1) yes u can use MP3 files as your ringtones. but they have to be in phone memory.

2) yes it is wap enabled but till now the sets are with tata's internet connectivity settings. to launch wap browser go to inbox>then type a url and save it in draft then open the message and go to option s and press connect.

3) well there are two ways to play the external video but mind it it has to be MP4. either go to camera>create a folder and then copy the files and play video

OR

go to bluetooth?enable BT>send FILES>find the file and select play

4)cant say anything about this . . but the interface is quick and fast

5)NO JAVA - NO INSTALLATIONS OF S/W GAMES

6) i love this phone dunno know why

i think u got the answers

thanks alot i appreciate for the answers!! now tell me r u facinng any problem with this fone!! cos if jus read above they said don go for it!!!! :(

I also dont agree that they would have taken the backup, otherwise more data should have been there like Contacts Pics, etc.

Further, as today I have recorded the words of Samsung employee Mr Anuj Verma in Audio that new Mother Board has been replaced, and on the other hand I have evidence in the form of old SMS in the mobile... need to do something

^^^

@Ankur

My dear friend, just one line we have to say :

Now we are waiting for Ankur Raheja Vs Samsung. Thats it. :thumb:

Regards.

No case... :NOTriste:

until something again happen to mobile within the warrnaty period... this time only a notice asking them to explain will suffice !!!

Edited by ankurraheja

well @ abhipan till date the phone is working fine for me. there are two things that i wd like to be added in the phone.

no1 a good decent 3gp player and secondly JAVA.