Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahujas

Samsung Max Available With Reliance

i today got hands on this . it is good in this price range .

though it gives plastic look sp. back body when you hold in hand

Hey buddy! Is it available outside DElhi and Mumbai now???? and how do you compare it with nokia 6275?

Edited by sameermast

On Reliance website this phone is available, but in Surat it is not available at any shop. Any idea when it will be available in shops everywhere.

Yes dear I’m too waiting in Surat for this handset. It’s look too good. But in Surat it will be sold too costly. :(

no it is not available outside delhi/mumbai

I will get the hanset today ..n .will post a detailed review ....

Plz do that ASAP. we all are waiting for some honest reviews.

Edited by anuragz

guys ... my primry review ....

Handset looks good

camera quality is much much better than LG 6600.... (even both hav same Mpxl)

video Camera is having low Frame/sec

when we press a number in key pad .... a pen will come and write the number pressed... nice display

Sound seems to be very good

will post detailed review...ASAP..

overall my rating 8.5/10

Thanks for the rating & initial review, can we upload the VCF card to the Phone book on this, However this one is still not available in hyderabad, any idea on its launch here !

guys ... my primry review ....

Handset looks good

camera quality is much much better than LG 6600.... (even both hav same Mpxl)

video Camera is having low Frame/sec

when we press a number in key pad .... a pen will come and write the number pressed... nice display

Sound seems to be very good

will post detailed review...ASAP..

overall my rating 8.5/10

Thanks for the review.....Can you tell me if there is a document reader like pdf or doc in Samsung max?

The moment this phone was in my hands, it felt a sophisticated piece of technology.

But that was too early for me to decide. The phone is a beautiful, small and feature packed piece with MP3, FM, 1.3 Camera, Bluetooth. All works good BUT ;

1. Does not support .jpg files larger that approx 500KB

2. Does not support .gif files, text files

3. Does not support 3gp, MP4 (from any external source)

4. Does not support web browsing (no browser)

5. Does not support Emails

6. Does not support external games

7. Does not support animated screen savers

The keypad tones do not change even when the phone displays that the new settings have been implemented.

Two games come preloaded, bowling and honey ball.

The screen is large and teh display is rich in color and sharpness.

While this is very good looking phone, but at 7600 without the above features it is a BIG let down.

You are the best judge.

Jagan

1. Does not support .jpg files larger that approx 500KB

2. Does not support .gif files, text files

3. Does not support 3gp, MP4 (from any external source)

4. Does not support web browsing (no browser)

5. Does not support Emails

6. Does not support external games

7. Does not support animated screen savers

^^^

@Jagan

My dear friend, it seems to be very strange that this handset does not have even common features. And even a camera with 1.3 megapixel seems to be not good. It must be atleast 2 megapixels.

I think this handset will not fetch up more sales with these lack of features.

Regards.

I recently found that the phone has a browser, but with no direct access.

You have to write a Text message, save it and then click options to get the connect link.

The browser opens but does not connect at any website. Gives network down error.

On calling reliance helpline I was informed it was a temp issue and it will be resolved.

But recently I cam across a thread that was discussing that Relience no longer allows you to browse othet websites.

Kindly someone help me with this.

Yes sir, you sure must have, but the phone is of no use at 7500/-

Does'nt Play 3gp, Does'nt Play MP4 even when converted with its bundled software.

Does'nt open images more than 500 -600 KB

Does'nt open gif, .swf images or animations

WHATS THE USE OF THIS SO CALLED MULTIMEDIA PHONE AT THIS PRICE

still...at 7500 it is gud looking CDMA phones...

dun forget that it is CDMA...

and in CDMA dere are limitations...

n Mp4 playback is dere....

hi friends got my samsung max, indeed at a first look a good handset with good sound and an excellent display. the best thing that i loved in this handset is it answering machine feature. guys just set the time after that answer machine handles your calls. and the worst thing that is that one cant play mp4 or 3gp. but samsung Bandas saying that a new software is slated to come which will play 3gp. the browser settings are of tata network thats why it is not working in reliance. mp3 player is good but if there would be equliser it would be better. playlist handles only 17 songs at a go.

in all a good handset. FM reception is not as good as nokia.

but everything has pros and cons. camera is good but with flash it would have been marvellous. directly saving to memory card is present.

drawbacks:

1. while sending multiple sms : in case you have to send sms to a number other then default for a number having mutiple nos in a single enrty , it only send to the default number and not to the desired inner number .

2. also the incoming msg are not in a descending order as in almost all phones . the incoming msg can be located at any place and it is very irriatating to search all inbox for the new message

well your first point i agree but second one is not correct the sms are in descending order

Ya.. He is right.. I m also using samsung max.. SMSes r stored and viewed in descending order..

Can anybody tell me what is the battery capacity and what about network drop down??

i compared samsung max with nokia 6275... battery life is better of samsung whereas nokia is beter in network coverage n signal strength

hi guys and gals, sometimes back i was quite happy with my new samsung max, as i was a huge fan of samsung , and after rainbow when samsung had a break with reliance and joined hands with tata i was afraid that i wont be able to use samsung, then i came accross nokia 2865, a good phone but with joystick problem, when i got to know that max is with rim, i was rejoiced untill now when i came across this problem that you cant send any file from bluetooth to another phone, means we can only get not send and that too finding is quite difficult, for you people i have some new foundings

1) wanna create slideshow of many pics just open the folder contents box>photo album>My album>options>make slide show/slide show for all..save it and then goto options and assign it as wallpaper

2) while slider is down wanna search something or wanna do something just press camera button for 2-5 seconds, there would be a message wanna key lock free, choose yes and bingo its done this can also be done when MP3 player is playing songs, why slide the phone everytime up!

any person knowing something about bluetooth pls reply

What is the cost of the external memory card for SAMSUNG MAX? I enquired at many places and the price varies from 350 to 600. I then doubted the cheap card for duplicate.

Does this handset support active call recording (mean conversation of both parties) ???

Is there any limitation in duration of such recording ??

well yes there is a feature but never tried it . .do onew thing when you are talking to someone simply press the camera button on the right side of the handset and the call recording will be started about duration no answer as never tried it