Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Can we expect change In RConnect Rental?

The DAPO scheme announced there wouldn't be any ISP charges...

:) Soon enough RIM started charging 200 bucks/month for R Connect (isn't this illegal!) apart from per minute/mb charges! But they offered discounts - free for people who registered by Aug 15 2003 & 100 bucks a month for after Aug 15 till sometime in Nov 2003. The offer was to continue till June 2004. Is this offer now closed? Or has it been extended?

:confuse: When will the introduce more reasonable internet tarrifs! They should be able to offer unlimited downloads @ Rs. 700-900 easily! If the can make night surfing free for the FWP, why can't they do the same for mobile users?

Right said Anujit, they should waive DAPO users from the montly rentals of R Connect. But looks as though we will be forced to pay as the deadline (June 30, 2004) is over now :D

guess what guys? ive been using r connect from jan. 2004 and i got a bill this month quoting an amount of Rs.669 as membership charges that werent or so they say charged before.

isnt this stupid or maybe its not the right word but then all of a sudden you get a bill of the order of 700 bucks for some past reason you thought was over.

of course im not justifying that i shouldnt pay for what i used but then i thought that the amounts i used to pay(they were only the usage charges) was all that was incurred while using r connect.

the result? im dumping r connect for broadband!

how can fwp be slower? it works on the same technologies and infrastructure!

I've tried both FWP and RIM, and the speed is almost the same, while the FWP is more stable as the range doesnt vary much unlike the mobile.

BSNL+VSNL combination offers around 8/- bucks per hour of surfing. Can RIM be far behind?

Hi

Its seems the R-Connect charges would be discontinued !!! and RIM wud chagre Rp 1/min. flat !!!

Its still expensive thou !!!!

If u surf the web thru ur cell phone for say abt 2 hrs daily for approx 20 days you wud be fetching out Rs 2400/- approx. (this is excluding the sms and other phone call charges !!)

Correct me if i`m wrong !

Can U please tell us the source of your information ??

Would DAPO users also be charged @ Rs 1/- per min ??

RIM Prepaid doesn't have any rental and charges Rs 1/min access charge!

:quest: . I am on the DAPO (501) plan. Recently purchased a GTRAN and received a data cable along with it. I also have the software to connect to r-connect. Infact i juss need to plug in and surf! Well my question is do i have to pay any sortt of activation fee ! or maybe a membership fee. What is my per min or per hour charge. Basically i would like to know what extraa would be added to my bill...once i begin using r-connect.

maybe this has been answered earlier..but i couldn't find anything in the forums....heeelp.

Hi Austin,

For DAPO, the per min usage charge is 40 paise/min.

Over and above that, you also have to pay a flat charge of Rs.200 per month, irrespective of actual usage.

Fortunately, the 200rs fee is on pro-rata basis, so that whnever you know are not going to surf the net for an entire day, just deactivate it (by *4120), and re-activate only when you need it.

In the latest bill, I noticed what chandramauli mentioned. There is a flat fee of Rs.1 per minute (no extra charges) which seems to be the default plan. And the 40 paise + Rs.200 rental plan is given seperately.

In the latest bill, I noticed what chandramauli mentioned. There is a flat fee of Rs.1 per minute (no extra charges) which seems to be the default plan. And the 40 paise + Rs.200 rental plan is given seperately.

Or is it their billing mess again? That they've mixed up the Prepaid plan with the postpaid one? :) Hope thts not the case!

thats worse than what we pay now!

this way, we have to shell out 60 bucks for an hour!

when will reliance ever repent for fleecing us like this?!

whoa its a good thing that i disabled r-connect and stopped using it for the last one month

see the latest release - the monthly charged is finally waived!

aahhh....

B)

I am DAPO customer with Rs. 3000 deposit and 12 PDCs. I was using RConnect for past one year as it was supposed to be free under DAPO.

In my bill for July 2004 Relaince has charged me Rs. 200 towards RConnect.

I sent them following mail;

You have also debited Rs. 200 in my bill towards R Connect Monthly subscription Charges which is absolutely bogus. I am a customer under DAPO since March04. As per DAPO offer given to me no monthly subscription charges are payable by me and the R Connect service is absolutely free. Your DAPO offer document clearly states "24 hrs. high speed internet access. No ISP Charges". At no point of time I have subscribed or given my consent for subscription of R Connect Service against monthly payment of Rs. 200. Therefore, your billing of Rs. 200 is absolutely wrong.

I received following reply from Chairman's Office:

Further, to your concern regarding R Connect charges charged in the bill

statement number 200951794432, as an introductory offer R Connect

subscription charges were waived off till 30th June 2004 for the customers

who have activated the same on or before 15th August 2003. Hence charged

correctly.

I have not paid this bill so far.

Is not a fact that under DAPO there was not to be any ISP charges? Is RConnect sub. not a kind of ISP charge? Are other DAPO customers paying it or protested?

Friends, I would be happy to know your views and experiance on this issue.

Arent they supposed to atleast intimate you about any change in the Terms & Conditions of the contract ?? The consumer of a service should be intimated what he/she is charged for before he/she is billed for the same.

If Reliance was a service provider in UK or US , the trading standards body of that country would have canceled their license or atleast imposed a huge fine by now.

I am a DAPO R Connect user since May 03 and in the latest bill i got pasted with a 200 rupees R Connect charge.

I talked to the help desk and got a few clarifications. It seems now if you do *4120 and then reactivate your R Connect, it will put you by default into the "Subscription free" Rs. 1/ minute plan.

And if you do activate the R Connect subscription charges ( which i presume require you to talk to the helpdesk and get it specifically activated ) the full charges are now applicable for the whole month at one go even if you deactivate the service .

Makes me wonder what im gonna do with my 400 minutes of talk time now. Anyone got any suggestions on weather i should switch to a prepaid scheme .

they are cheating the dapo ppl now. i think rim to rim at 0.40 pm is now getting on their nerves. some one should sue them on these gimmicks they are doing with the loyal costmers

All DAPO customers must shand firm and refuse to pay any subscription charges for RConnect.

I have refused point blank.

DAPO plan clearly states 24 hrs. Interenet .No ISP Charges.. why should then we pay. Let Ambanis go to court to recover money from us.

Let us show guts and stand firm against this kind of day light robbery.

Remember in showing guts, you might get your cell disconnected till clearing ur dues ;)

No way..................I have refused to pay RConnect charges biled in July & August......... I have also written to Chairman's Office with supporting documents. Their billing system is full of holes and if you are smart, you can easily beat them.

For instance even in RConnect, customers are charged subscription @ Rs. 200 per month (even if you have not subscribed) whereas thier website says that the default RConnect plan is Zero rental & surfing @ Rs. 1/ minute. Reliance has no answer when asked how they have charged Rs. 200 which is not a default plan, they have no answer............................! And until they satsfactorily resolve this issue, stop payment......................simple ................

By the way, when RIM was launched in January, 03, Reliance in its product brochure had committed the following;

SPEEDY AND EFFECTIVE RESPONSE Your call will typically be handled within 30 seconds. If we are not able to resolve the issue during the interaction itself, we will make sure we resolve it in the next 48 hours at the most.

I sitill have a copy of Reliance brochure ..................

Reliance is no where near this committment? How can we be forced to pay for the defecient service? When asked this, the Company has no answer..................

And until they find right answer, I would prefer to be a defaulter..................