Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

Bsnl Launches 2mbps For Rs.125

not sure which for which consumer segment is that plan targetted for... 150 MB data transfer per month! :rolleyes:

^^^

With 2mbps speed, the usage will be over in no time. Not worth our usage. :)

i think it is a joke

^^^

Well, my dear friends, this plan will only be better for those who use internet to send and view only Emails.

Otherwise its a costly factor for those who use the net at the maximum.

Regards.

I think its good for many people especially senior citizens, school going children etc. For whom browsing is not at all important but occasional mail checking is necessary.

In India low monthly commitment is key. Once people start using technology slowly usage will increase. Cell phones are brilliant example.

I think its good for many people especially senior citizens, school going children etc. For whom browsing is not at all important but occasional mail checking is necessary.

In India low monthly commitment is key. Once people start using technology slowly usage will increase. Cell phones are brilliant example.

I second it.....

Very good offer for starters......

You gotta be joking! 150 MB would be insufficient even for email, methinks... Besides, Im sure its 150 MB upload + download.... you your ACTUAL usage would be even lower!

Most emails is not bigger than 10 KB. So if it is purely e mail, it do not exceeds 50 MB (I know because I have used reliance data connections for e mails only) for 1 year. Daily 40-50 mails including junk.

That depends on your use... you are obviously only talking about text emails. You'll have to forget about sharing pics, graphics, videos, ebooks, etc, etc. Besides, if you use web based email, you will also expend considerable data for loading ads and other fancy graphics...

Its beyond me... if your usage is so low, you dont really need 2 Mbps and you dont need to invest in the modem, etc. A dial up line should doing your job for you... lol!

My guess is BSNL is trying to show more broad band users in its statistics... but users who have this kind of usage dont really need broad band in the first place!!

Cheap tricks!

^^^

I agree with raccoon. If the usage is so low, then what is the point of having 2mbps?? I am sure people who opt for this, might get a shocker at the end of the month, when the bill is generated for them.

I agree with kshah on this issue.

I have a BSNL BB-2mbps connection at home and my little son uses it the most to play online games, check emails etc. Of course he is allowed to use the computer only on weekends and not daily. The usage for the last two months have been 257 MB in Jan.'08 and 140 MB in Feb.'08. The usage in Feb was lower because of exams.

IMHO, For limited usage, this is a good plan. In any case, no one else offers credible plans in 2mbps. BSNL could have been a bit more realistic at 300 to 400 MB downloads for this plan.

150MB will surely not suffice mere e-mailing on a regular basis. This plan will be a huge flop.

Rs. 150 + Compulsone to line from BSNL = Rs. 250 a Month ??? What is this

Despite only Sell Pure Broadband @ Rs 250 for 1 mbps

^^^

My dear friends, I think normal dial-up connection would be sufficient instead of subscribing to this plan for low internet users. Otherwise their is a good chance that the innocent subscribers who will take this plan with such a good speed of upto 2 mbps can cross their limit and end up in paying huge bills to BSNL.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friends, I think normal dial-up connection would be sufficient instead of subscribing to this plan for low internet users. Otherwise their is a good chance that the innocent subscribers who will take this plan with such a good speed of upto 2 mbps can cross their limit and end up in paying huge bills to BSNL.

Regards.

That's exactly BSNL's business strategy.

Low rental is to lure non-starters. Once they start using it they'll go beyond free limit lured by fluid speed of 2mbps.

Either customer will switch to high limit plan or end up paying 0.90/MB beyond 150 MB. Both are win cases for BSNL.

In my opinion its a very good plan for calculative user with controlled mind.

Edited by kesav

^^^

Regards.

That's exactly BSNL's business strategy.

Low rental is to lure non-starters. Once they start using it they'll go beyond free limit lured by fluid speed of 2mbps.

Either customer will switch to high limit plan or end up paying 0.90/MB beyond 150 MB. Both are win cases for BSNL.

In my opinion its a very good plan for calculative user with controlled mind.

I fully agree. only the most calculative expert can manage this kind of connection. Perhaps as a weekend back-up to his office one.

This is nonsense crap plan from BSNL .. god knows whoz gonna take this plan .. i don't think they will get any subscribers for this crap plan :rofl_200:

Indians in general are meticulous. Thats why PREPAID mobiles are most used in India and missed calls are used so innovative in India. I have seen people with codes as per number of rings before phone is disconnected.

For mails it seems to be the best plan.

Even in RIMWEB there are members who are so meticulous that they know how to spend Rs. 50 less and then offer girl frnd additional icecream every month. :cheer::oops:

Even in RIMWEB there are members who are so meticulous that they know how to spend Rs. 50 less and then offer girl frnd additional icecream every month. :cheer::oops:

ha ha ha .... agreed completely.

Indians in general are meticulous. Thats why PREPAID mobiles are most used in India and missed calls are used so innovative in India. I have seen people with codes as per number of rings before phone is disconnected.

For mails it seems to be the best plan.

haha kshah actually its not meticulousness its Kanjoosi :P

jo bhi hai, kanjoosi or calculativ, enjoy the offer.