Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhanvada

Internet Connection Drops Every 5 Min

In Allahabad for the last one week , this new problem has come. Issues

1. Is it Allahabad specific ? Meaning others in other town , how are you experiencing.

2. I checked with other Relaince Internet users in Allahabad and they also had the similar problem

3. I logged the complain by email but the problem is still there for the last 7 days

I am using Samsung mobile ..

Any clue ?

RK Dhanvada

0532 3152727

One of my friends here in delhi had a similar experience. I dont know if it is region specific or not. I have stopped using R connect since 1st of July

I'm also facing same problem in Mumbai. but it is specfic to a place. i have a place in my shop where connection dis connets within 5 mins. the range is powerful. i can attend calls , sms people surf r world etc. ealier had serial cable and that was working properly. now have usb cable. it works excellent except that place. what can be the problem

I am in bangalore.

The signal on my LG2030 RIM postpaid mobile sometimes goes off suddenly. after a few seconds it starts showing the full signal strength again.

Though this occurence is not very frequent for me. This generally happens one in a day for me.

Dear friends,

What do you mean by internet connection drops every 5 Min, is it that you get disconnected from the server or your communications get stalled but you are still connected to the net, please clarify.

Btw if you are getting disconnected from the server every 5 mins than maybe the BST your phone is talking to is heavily congested or maybe that you are not getting enough signal strength in the ares you are in.

But if you are not getting disconnected from the server and your communications seems to get stalled than there maybe some routing problem on the reliance side. There routers routing table must be getting invalidated from time to time, well they are learning how to be an ISP :-).

[ This only applies if you are not disconnected from the server ]

Best way to check more about the problem is to ping your assigned gateway on the rconnect session, and see what it says if packets are getting out from your PC but you are not getting any packets back from the gateway then I am afraid I just discovered a nasty bug in there routing management.

They must be referring to the fact that the connection simply gets cut (the phone display shows no connection to R-Connect) while using it. Yes, I've been facing the same nowadays too !

Yes I am also facing same problem here in tamilnadu

Sivashankkar

dear friends :P ,

1) i think the problem u r all facing is may be due to poor coverage in ur area or now a days 90% people r living in apartments and not able to recieve signals properly. well i can sujest u buy a cell booster which is available in market for around 80/- or so.just fix it and open the windows near the pc.

2) another problem may be ur facing dormacy problem. just in start menu, run there u type "ping -t www.ril.com"

dear friends :P ,

1) ---snipped---

well i can sujest u buy a cell booster which is available in market for around 80/- or so.just fix it and open the windows near the pc.

2) another problem may be ur facing dormacy problem. just in start menu, run there u type "ping -t www.ril.com"

25840[/snapback]

Dear gopisd,

1.What cell booster are you talking about, how they can boost the cell signal, can you give us some more details.

2.What you are suggesting can lead to DoS'ing of the www.ril.com, be warned implication could be serious.

They must be referring to the fact that the connection simply gets cut (the phone display shows no connection to R-Connect) while using it. Yes, I've been facing the same nowadays too !

25832[/snapback]

Dear arun,

Using hyperterminal or minicom program can ya please type these AT commands and post me back the results.

(1)AT$QCRLPD.

(2)AT$QCPPPD.

(3)AT$QCIPD

(4)AT$QCRL3D

(5)AT$QCPKND

[WARNING]

These commands are specific to quallcoms chipset, which LG RD-2030 and LG RD-2130 is using and I am aware of, please dont try these commands on other handsets.

The problem is not region specific and is faced by almost every one once in a while... I too faced the problem in Bangalore...

Dear arun,

Using hyperterminal or minicom program can ya please type these AT commands and post me back the results.

(1)AT$QCRLPD.

(2)AT$QCPPPD.

(3)AT$QCIPD

(4)AT$QCRL3D

(5)AT$QCPKND

[WARNING]

These commands are specific to quallcoms chipset, which LG RD-2030 and LG RD-2130 is using and I am aware of, please dont try these commands on other handsets.

Will let you know the result soon when I try it at home,, by next week.

yes mr.decodecz,

1)cellbooster is just a simple antena,compact like sticker which is rectangle sticked on the the cell with up arrow after removing the battery and close it.it is made of gold and other metals and available in almost all mobile shops.its working fine.

2) I dont know i have given the ping in the form dormacy posts.u can study in previous dormacy problem topics.i implimented and it worked fine dormacy problem of net with out dissconnecting." ping -t www.ril.com", "ping -t www.yahoo.com" etc

yes mr.decodecz,

1)cellbooster is just a simple antena,compact like sticker which is rectangle sticked on the the cell with up arrow after removing the battery and close it.it is made of gold and other metals and available in almost all mobile shops.its working fine.

2) I dont know i have given the ping in the form dormacy posts.u can study in previous dormacy problem topics.i implimented and it worked fine dormacy problem of net with out dissconnecting." ping -t www.ril.com", "ping -t www.yahoo.com" etc

25896[/snapback]

Dear gopisd,

1)Well what is its advantage compared to inbuilt antenna, how can it boost the cell's signal, ummm does it contain some sort of transceiver, what mechanism it employs in boosting the signal, I guess theres a direct relationship between wavelength of the frequency and antenna's dipole length, and most if not all, cell companies follow the standard and have the proper implementation of the antenna.

2)Sorry but I cant understand your second post, but what are you suggesting can lead to some serious legal act against the r-connect users and as well as reliance itself, maybe you wanna ask how, well lets do some calculation.

Suppose if 10,000 r-connects user are online at a time and, now not all but if only 6,000 online users are pinging to the given server at same time on average, than what would be the bandwidth consumption of that server, ok take 128 bytes per second as average ping traffic going from all the users to server even than it would eat 750KB/s or arnd 6Mpbs of bandwidth only to this ping traffic, what a waste :-(. It can lead to what happend to yahoo server in february 2000. For more details try searching term like DoS, denial of service attack or trinity on google.

Now if this can lead to such a problem how we can solve this problem, well there are two approach that I am aware of.

1). If you know the details of AT command set implemented in your phones modem than you can teach your modem not to release the RLP traffic channel during inactivity, but maybe reliance will not like it, because it can lead to serious network congestion.

2). Now if you wanna ping and only ping :-) than ping your own gateway provided by the reliance each time you get connected to it's server. Look when a user get connected to the ppp server of its ISP, it gets two ip numbers, one ip for the ppp interface and other for the default gateway, ping this gateway if you have to and leave others.

Cheers .........................

When i talk the customer care regarding this drop internet connection after 5 min. then the girl told me that Sir, please **** me then i will tell you. Then i start ****ing then that girl told me that many users knows there is a bug in calculating/updating the amount in Rconnect.

That's why many users always connected to the net whether they have some work to do or not. So we start this thing that after some time connection drops so that the users not available on the PC easily removed and we also get a chance to remove unwanted users.

But when i said I am paying Rs1500/- for unlimited connection, I have a right to connect 24 x 7 and start ****ing very badly then this problem is not removed but reduced. and facing 1-2 time in 24hrs.

cool down dacodez! 6Mbps wont lead to ANY DoS attack :clap: . 6Mbps is nothing compared to the bandwidth that commercial websites have.

26048[/snapback]

Dear linuxguy,

The figure was totaly based upon assumption. I assumed 6,000 online users, but what about 12,000 or 20,000 online users. Furthermore not a signle server farm would be happy to waste there 6Mbps to this ping thingy ask them :-).

Cheers......