Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nile2007

Gsm Simcard In Nokia 6275

I have this doubt as to whether it is possible to use a GSM simcard like BPL simcard in the simcard slot of 6275. Currently i have Reliance connection with it. But is such a thing possible or the phone is just CDMA compatible?

Right now i am quite happily using Reliance but suppose if i decide to go for GSM then can this handset be useful to me?

Pl. reply and clear my doubt. Thanks!

CDMA handsets can't support GSM sims. Both work differently.

:Sorprendido:

I have this doubt as to whether it is possible to use a GSM simcard like BPL simcard in the simcard slot of 6275. Currently i have Reliance connection with it. But is such a thing possible or the phone is just CDMA compatible?

Right now i am quite happily using Reliance but suppose if i decide to go for GSM then can this handset be useful to me?

Pl. reply and clear my doubt. Thanks!

:rofl_200::rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200::Contento::Contento::Contento::Contento::Contento::Contento::Contento::Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido:

i guess we have discussed the same ..but 4 ur info CDMA is a totally diffrent technology ..and GSM will not work at any cost

end of story

thanks santosh bhai for the reply i kinda liked it

Can a petrol-engined car run with Diesel or Kerosene? It is akin to that.

There are many people who still ask this question and hence, we need not mock at or laugh at their inquisitiveness.

Edited by KumaarShah

^^^

All my dear friends, as the thread starter (Nile) is a newbie, so we can expect this sort of things from him. He seems to be not so tech savvy as we are. So we must not laugh on him as we too started from zero in our life.

Instead we should always motivate Newbies on our belowed Forum.

Regards.

^^^ guess so too...

alls well that ends well :)

Thanks for clearing my doubts!

Special thanks to Kamal bro 4 understanding me

^^^

@Nile

You are always welcome my dear friend.

And please do not hesitate for asking anything. We are here to help each other.

Regards.

cdma uses different technology and gsm uses different technology. you cannot put AA BATTERIES IN A SLOT FOR AAA BATTERIES LIKEWISE U CANNOT USE GSM IN CDMA PHONES. HOWEVER, THE MAIN FUNCTION OF BOTH THE TECHNOLOGIES ARE SAME SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR A GSM SIM

GSM sim will not work with any CDMA handset. even dual sim handsets have fixed slots for CDMA & GSM sim.

However Nokia CDMA handsets can be used as a sim card reader for GSM sim. I was able to read & transfer the phone book of my GSM sim by inserting it in my Nokia 6265.

can a cdma be converted to gsm or vice versa???

^^^

@Abhish

No my dear friend, thats not possible at all.

Regards.

GSM sim will not work with any CDMA handset. even dual sim handsets have fixed slots for CDMA & GSM sim.

However Nokia CDMA handsets can be used as a sim card reader for GSM sim. I was able to read & transfer the phone book of my GSM sim by inserting it in my Nokia 6265.

Hi anuragz,

How did u do this with 6265, when i inserted a gsm sim in 6265 and switched it on, it said "UIM card rejected"

^^^

Maybe it does not work with certain GSM SIMs..... Try some other SIM of other operators....

Yaar kaun se operator ka sim tha????????

Yaar kaun se operator ka sim tha????????

He ,may be, told about us reading and backup SIM data to PC by using SIM card reader software. Sure no GSM SIMs can be read by NK6265. I mean by phone's interface.