Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
niket

Mms Client Upgraded..

Finally they done..

Now MMS client ver is 2.0

more useable and more powerfull. now on 7230 I can send movies also. and phonebook search facility. musical cards are just fine.

Although In RD 2030 phonebook search is buggy.

check that guys.

But i think what u have not noticed is that they are taking off the fexibility ... on my 7130 i can send ethier picture or a preformated greeting but can't send only rigtones or custom messages ?? and what if i have some ringtone on my phone .. i can't mms that right ?? also anyone tried mms to gsm and viceversa ?? does that work ?? and what about mms gateway address like xxxx@rmms.ricmail.com ??

is it only for LG or for other users as well like GTRAN, dont mind my ignorance guys i dont claim to be an expert

tanveer it must be for every set but since the features are set dependant __ I dunno if they have put a Gtran link too. Check it out !!

and what if i have some ringtone on my phone .. i can't mms that right ??

Theoretically U can if desperate - though I haven't tried. Now Ur gonna hate me for what I am telling next but:

U can edit the #D#R#A#F#T.db with a hex editor and place Ur custom ringtone in it and reupload it to the phone and send the MMS.

U can edit the #D#R#A#F#T.db with a hex editor and place Ur custom ringtone in it and reupload it to the phone and send the MMS.

Oops! Could you please deCode.. I mean elaborate that?

I tried sending an MMS to my email address... Guess wht? The "FROM" name was jus my mobile no. i.e. 02234XXXXXX and not like wht wud come earlier; such as 02234xxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com !!

Guess they've found out tht ppl tried tampering wid their servers! :P

I tried sending an MMS to my email address... Guess wht? The "FROM" name was jus my mobile no. i.e. 02234XXXXXX and not like wht wud come earlier; such as 02234xxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com !!

Guess they've found out tht ppl tried tampering wid their servers! :P

well, chirag, i think u are only partially correct,

b cauz,

as per RFC 2812 (SMTP & ESMTP protocol specifications),

the MAIL FROM: header field, can be written as MAIL FROM:"Nick"<actual email>

such as MAIL FROM:"StaticElectricity"<static@mydomain.com>

so, the FROM field, in many webmail cos' will only show FROM: StaticElectricity

instead as static@mydomain.com

so, the change is maybe, ading the nick.

I think the reason they did this was because this is the first time they publicised the E-mail option (though we were using it unofficially before) and so to the user they display a friendly name (I mean phone number).

Also if they allowed the domain to be displayed that would invite unnecessary questions to their customer care as to not being able to reply to those MMS'n mails.

However if U see the complete headers U can still see:

0xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com

and the MMS indeed comes from rmms.ricmail.com as I have confirmed.

It is just that they have locked the domain from internet

(may be till R-World/MMS goes paid :P :'( ).

Although In RD 2030 phonebook search is buggy.

The search function in MMS client of LG RD2030 works only with the first alphabet of the name. Just type the first alphabet in the type menu.

Hey But.. did u all read the Help FILE...

It Says

YOU CAN EXCHANGE MESSAGES STORED IN THE PHONE AND ALSO SAVE THE SENT MESSAGES AND WALLPAPERS AND RINGTONES..

Now, we can use this to upload wallpapers and ringtones to other phones which were not able to save the wallpapers through data cable..

I mean... that if someone could upload a wallpaper in RS2030.. he can send a MMS to a person with RD7130 and we can save those wallpapers...

even ringtones..

Wat do u all say guys...

I just wanna try.. Any one with different wallpaper or ringtone from that of already available in RWORLD send a MMS to me.. i just wanna try..

My Number is : 04223107370

IN MY GTRAN INBOX DOESN'T OPEN :)

jus tried opening the mms application ... there are two options > music greetings and only pictures. in the music greetings section, it gives a picture with a ringtone attached ... couldnt figure out how to change the music ... the picture section displays only a picture and there is no option of attaching a custom music file ... i dont have my RD 2030 with me rite now .... so will need someone to send me a custom ringtone or a picture (im using a 2130) ... my no is 04432863027

Can't send any MMS! This is being displayed:

----------------------------------------------------

MMS to the specfied number is not supported.

Reason :

[unknown]

. Discard Message?

----------------------------------------------------

HeeeeeeeeeeeelP :)

Edited by turbasu

Now I'm receiving MMS notifications and they are being delivered to my inbox. But, I can't open them to view. I am using RD2030.

Edited by turbasu

I am using RD2030. But i cant able to view the mms in the inbox pls help me! :help:

I am using RD2030. But i cant able to view the mms in the inbox pls help me! :help:

Looks like the server on which MMS is stored is down. May be they are doing something there.

so MMS is not working with all the handsets, that menas we GTRAN people are not alone

It will be much better if you people also complain this at *333 and CEO office along with ww. They will ask u to reset rmenu, reply that u hv done it. Visit ASC, reply it’s not working on incharge of ASC. Only then they will take ur complaint. Don’t forget to ask for case ID. This is the only way to get out of troubles of rworld. In many cases it helps.

Tanveer

On Gtran mms option is not available from last few days. Its not working even from favorites menu. While on other handsets option is available and they are facing problem which we were facing a month ago.

I is really strange a company like Reliance does not have follow the standard deployment techniques like clone server .... Hot/Warm standby incase of failure etc ..... It seems some smaller company (may be a newbie) is maintaining RWorld for reliance.