Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ani_meher

Can I Erase The Ruim Card?

I have a tata card, which was bought purely for village use. As my village has only tata connectivity, I had bought it a year ago. It had 1 year validity. The validity is ending on 30 July. What can i do with the card then? Can I make it blank, so as to use new RIM/Tata/Virgin number on it?

I remembere the mention of new tata card of 325 having validity of 3 years. Can anyone give more info on that? For me, maximum incoming time with no obligation of minimum recharge (like in lifetime) is the best bet.

The new SIM cards are very cheap. I dont think anybody will put his head to reuse a SIM card. If you like other services, better move to a new service and throw away the old card.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

^^^

exactly...But also check with CC or CMO on new offers. All LT will have a minimum recharge of Rs 200 every 6 months and the 1/2/3 years validity will have a good cost attached to it initially and no min. recharge conditions after that.

Choose your best option....

my openion is the same....................go for new one.......

Bro Get a New RUIM of the operator you want instead of thinking for your Old RUIM.

Well practically u should go for new card.

Technically it is impossible to read parameter from Smart cards (RUIm/SIM/TSIM) leave alone writing.

Then wats the use of a sim card reader? Only to feed or copy contacts i think.. Right?

Impossible !!!!!

Latest RUIM can only be read if your it can be Programmed once, once you commit change to Some Important Data like SIM ID, MEID, ESN etc. etc. you can not change it..

only OTA updates is allowed like STK 2.0 Specfications and PRL Uploading, MIN, SPC, SHA, Akey Programings.

Then wats the use of a sim card reader? Only to feed or copy contacts i think.. Right?

sim card reader wont help u erase a ruim card but read the parameters of a ruim card like esn/meid ,id and nam ....

there are diffrent types if sim reader there are ones which oly get uu info regarding contacts some ( specially form chinese manufactireres) can get u more info out