Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhi12

Is Reliance Launching Iphone 3g ?

In India vodafone & Airtel launching iphone but what about reliance ? relinace customer also waiting for iphone . Any idea about iphone

^^^

@Abhi

My dear friend, Iphone is a GSM phone and not CDMA. So forget about Iphone with Reliance.

Although in the future we can expect Gsm Iphone with Reliance GSM service.

Regards.

There are unconfirmed reports that Apple will be launching a CDMA version of iPhone 3G by the beginning of the next year.

These reports seem to be flying around because two CDMA operators in the Caribbean have been picked by Apple to launch the iPhone 3G

Let us hope for the best.

Fat chance. At least not with Rcom... not in a hurry! Learn to enjoy ur Classics instead... :grin:

Learn to enjoy ur Classics instead... :grin:

LOL!!! :Contento:

What about Samsung Instinct ? It's CDMA phone and it's 3g iphone competitor. Come in foreign Sprint launch this phone what do you think phone name is Samsung Sprint price at $ 129. I think u have better info then me correct me if i m wrong.

But my dear friends, iphone is such a big brand name (and I am predicting it to become the next Maruti 800 of India) that even Reliance will jump at the first opportunity it is launched in CDMA.

What about Samsung Instinct ? It's CDMA phone and it's 3g iphone competitor. Come in foreign Sprint launch this phone what do you think phone name is Samsung Sprint price at $ 129. I think u have better info then me correct me if i m wrong.

abhi

You are right that the Samsung Instinct is an iPhone 3G - CDMA (if it is released) competitor. The phone is an excellent CDMA phone, although I don't know much about the price. But the problem is that with so much hype already created and common people knowing so little about competing phones that they would only want the iPhone 3G and nothing else.

dkaile

Yes, Reliance would jump at the opportunity to launch the iPhone 3G - CDMA and take it to the masses. But again we don't know if Apple would allow such a thing as it usually ties up with multi-country operators.

Friends i know that 3G iphone is working only on GSM network. Now I am not intersted on 3G iphone because i read 3G iphone drawback. I am asking you about Samsung sprint. The phone Manufactured by Samsung Not by apple. Reliance already having tieup with samsung then whats problem. Samsung is world 2 largest manufacture in the world after nokia (No.1). Reliance is India's largest network in CDMA. And India is world's 2 nd largest mobile market Samsung will definitely look forword to launch Samsung mobile here. If Indian people can purchase 3G iphone then whats worng in Samsung sprint (like 3g iphone). the cost of Samsung Sprint is also low as compare to 3G iphone. Reliance is expert in launching New product in market Samsung already establish brand in Indian market.

Edited by abhi12

OK friends, even if iphone launched in CDMA version will any body buy it to use with reliance?

can anyone use web, which is the most useful feature in iphone, with reliance? ( the most expensive WAP provider of the world)

@spknair

"with reliance? ( the most expensive WAP provider of the world) " Not any more...

I have copied and pasted an email sent to me by my friend as follows:

friends .....those of you in India planning for iPhone... THINK TWICE BEFORE MAKING A DECISION... The short comings of iPhone are endless...

No video calling,

no AD2P on the Bluetooth,

CAN'T share ANY (mp3, images,videos. ...) files via bluetooth,

can't use as a wireless modem, (you pay ridiculous data charges to activate internet on your phone, but cannot connect it to your PC and browse when you are at home)

no copy and paste,(cannot copy a part of a.... say.... email & send it....have to type it out yourself)

no 3.2 or 5 megapixel camera,(the 2MP camera it carries is worst camera i've ever seen..... photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera)

no video recording with camera,

no front camera,

no flash.

no JAVA support

No physical keyboard (BELIEVE me! this alone is a dealbreaker. ..touch keyboard as good as it looks...once you use it then only you come to know about the importance of having a hard keypad)

No 3G network yet in India..so why pay for expensive 3G phone if you cant use its 3G services ... so, for India, iPhone 2.0 is no better than its first version

No removable battery. (You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple outlet.. Come on now!!!!...This is not an iPod. Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2-3 days)

No haptic feedback and

cannot send MMS,

can't use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste..next time you go to your friend's house & find some interesting songs, movies, etc...sorry you cannot connect your '16 GB' phone and share it!!!! Apple apparently has a solution.. " BUY MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES STORE "..... Give me a break will you APPLE!!!)

no FM radio,

can't use your mp3 files as ringtones,(This is heights man!!!)

cannot insert any other SIM card

completely tied to iTunes... Connect to your friend's iTunes & you risk erasing everything on your phone.

list goes on & on & on

We Indians are used to these features. Most of our phones already have these features. & we cannot do with out them.... i mean can you imagine paying so much for a phone with which you cannot transfer files via bluetooth. what age is this ...STONE AGE???

Some features may be activated by jailbreak.. But why the hell should you risk losing your warranty after paying so much.

And want to add third party softwares??. . YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM FROM iTUNES STORE ONLY!!! . (Shell out more money). Apple is a bloody control freak. Dont surrender your freedom to it.

Its good for american market (who have no idea what mobile freedom/choice is) which is in stone age compared to asian/european markets. When they want to buy a phone, they have to go to network operators and buy only those phones that are available on that network. & stick to that company till their contract expires. You want to change carriers? Not before paying damages, & buying another phone on the other network again.

On the contrary, we in India have so much freedom. We go to handset shops & buy which ever phone we like. Then go to carriers.. checkout the plans & buy SIM.. Dont like the plan or rival carrier came up with a better plan???? EASY .. just remove & replace the SIM.

Apple are trying to IMPOSE THEIR MODEL ON US riding on the hype iPhone has created in the US (yes it was a flop in Europe ..thats why Apple never talks about its sales in Europe).

Dont fall for the subsidized price of iPhone... CHECKOUT THE DATA PLAN ATTACHED TO ITS SIM ..they will recover the cost through ridiculous data plans. Bill might come to around Rs 2500/month.( ATLEAST AMERICANS PAY THAT MUCH)

Let me clear one thing though.. iphone is the best looking phone (its touch interface is nothing like you have ever seen ), & best browsing experience out there no doubt .... (& others are fast catching up..check out the android demo at Google IO 2008).... BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO FUNCTIONALITY. ..

Those of who buy it... You will be most happy for atmost a week... & then, MARK MY WORDS...YOU WILL START REGRETTING IT!!!

My advice...WAIT FOR HTC DREAM!! (powered by android). Still not convinced by then...by all means go for iPhone...

So friends lets spread this info to all our friends and help them in making a wise decision.... . & those of you who have bought unlocked versions already please share your experiences with others

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.... GOODLUCK!!!

Very good negative yet completely true post on the iPhone!!!!!

Perhaps you said every thing so precisely. Every one just think as per hype created. Most people get drwoned in hype and cant think whats good.

I have seen Iphone and recently used it for about an hour. Its as I mentioned more of technology demonstration. Also few days back, I mentioned that they are trying (apple) to bring CDMA monopoly to GSM.

As far as I am concern, I will never ever go for locked handset and non open technology like CDMA, Iphone etc.

I have copied and pasted an email sent to me by my friend as follows:

friends .....those of you in India planning for iPhone... THINK TWICE BEFORE MAKING A DECISION... The short comings of iPhone are endless...

No video calling,

no AD2P on the Bluetooth,

CAN'T share ANY (mp3, images,videos. ...) files via bluetooth,

can't use as a wireless modem, (you pay ridiculous data charges to activate internet on your phone, but cannot connect it to your PC and browse when you are at home)

no copy and paste,(cannot copy a part of a.... say.... email & send it....have to type it out yourself)

no 3.2 or 5 megapixel camera,(the 2MP camera it carries is worst camera i've ever seen..... photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera)

no video recording with camera,

no front camera,

no flash.

no JAVA support

No physical keyboard (BELIEVE me! this alone is a dealbreaker. ..touch keyboard as good as it looks...once you use it then only you come to know about the importance of having a hard keypad)

No 3G network yet in India..so why pay for expensive 3G phone if you cant use its 3G services ... so, for India, iPhone 2.0 is no better than its first version

No removable battery. (You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple outlet.. Come on now!!!!...This is not an iPod. Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2-3 days)

No haptic feedback and

cannot send MMS,

can't use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste..next time you go to your friend's house & find some interesting songs, movies, etc...sorry you cannot connect your '16 GB' phone and share it!!!! Apple apparently has a solution.. " BUY MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES STORE "..... Give me a break will you APPLE!!!)

no FM radio,

can't use your mp3 files as ringtones,(This is heights man!!!)

cannot insert any other SIM card

completely tied to iTunes... Connect to your friend's iTunes & you risk erasing everything on your phone.

list goes on & on & on

We Indians are used to these features. Most of our phones already have these features. & we cannot do with out them.... i mean can you imagine paying so much for a phone with which you cannot transfer files via bluetooth. what age is this ...STONE AGE???

Some features may be activated by jailbreak.. But why the hell should you risk losing your warranty after paying so much.

And want to add third party softwares??. . YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM FROM iTUNES STORE ONLY!!! . (Shell out more money). Apple is a bloody control freak. Dont surrender your freedom to it.

Its good for american market (who have no idea what mobile freedom/choice is) which is in stone age compared to asian/european markets. When they want to buy a phone, they have to go to network operators and buy only those phones that are available on that network. & stick to that company till their contract expires. You want to change carriers? Not before paying damages, & buying another phone on the other network again.

On the contrary, we in India have so much freedom. We go to handset shops & buy which ever phone we like. Then go to carriers.. checkout the plans & buy SIM.. Dont like the plan or rival carrier came up with a better plan???? EASY .. just remove & replace the SIM.

Apple are trying to IMPOSE THEIR MODEL ON US riding on the hype iPhone has created in the US (yes it was a flop in Europe ..thats why Apple never talks about its sales in Europe).

Dont fall for the subsidized price of iPhone... CHECKOUT THE DATA PLAN ATTACHED TO ITS SIM ..they will recover the cost through ridiculous data plans. Bill might come to around Rs 2500/month.( ATLEAST AMERICANS PAY THAT MUCH)

Let me clear one thing though.. iphone is the best looking phone (its touch interface is nothing like you have ever seen ), & best browsing experience out there no doubt .... (& others are fast catching up..check out the android demo at Google IO 2008).... BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO FUNCTIONALITY. ..

Those of who buy it... You will be most happy for atmost a week... & then, MARK MY WORDS...YOU WILL START REGRETTING IT!!!

My advice...WAIT FOR HTC DREAM!! (powered by android). Still not convinced by then...by all means go for iPhone...

So friends lets spread this info to all our friends and help them in making a wise decision.... . & those of you who have bought unlocked versions already please share your experiences with others

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.... GOODLUCK!!!

What do you expect from a handset, guys --- the World?

Not possible on any handset in the world, to give you all the features in one go. Some shortcomings are always left - for next upgrade...

iPhone has created a hype, no doubt ...that is why the expectations are TOO HIGH and UNREALISTIC.

It is a good handset, period. It has shortcomings..no doubt.

It has the best graphic interface in the business and in the world as on date .... and that is what 90% of its users like and are going to use (besides making a call)

It is retailing for 199$ in the US (even though with a service contract) but that is peanuts. Even if it retails for 20K in India with Airtel, it will be a good deal, just for its graphic interface and full fledge iPod features.

Dont shut yourself out from any new technology, opt for it rather than being a follower...

Edited by dkaile

Its not about being follower. 20k any day is good price. But using handset without keyboard is great pain. But again is individual prefernce, it can not be generic deterrent.

If you consider usability, I phone is not a great phone, that most users agree. Can you believe phone I saw was not having SMS forward facility. You can imagine pain. Also fear of phone getting relocked, if not used with caution.

Its gestures and prediction is great. Web browser is amazing. Music, other phone may be not as great as iphone, I am not fond of hearing music IN MY EARS.

Restrictions on the person who spent money should be objected by every one. Even battery was not user replacible.

I phone created hype beyond its capability thats the fact, but at the same time, fact is APPLE is known to be monopolistic than microsoft and many others. Even when I see android, it seems to be more in tune with APPLE than MS.

And worst of all... everything controlled from an iTunes interface, which ****s big time. Its more of an iPod with a phone added on as an afterthought than vice versa. Voice quality, vibration alerts both are not of the highest order on the iPhone. I happened to use a iPhone for a few hours when I loaned it from a friend to get a hands on experience, I was not impressed at all!!! A phone should in the very first place, be able to work well as a phone, if that aspect is not upto the mark, what's the point in all the added gimmickery?? All the other little aspects which were touched up in the earlier posts just proves why the whole world is being swayed based on the US public opinion, who in my opinion, are the least exposed to mobile telephony and its vast market.

but still iphone sells...!! thats bottom line...

it has not only created a market for itself but lot of small mfgs of small accesories for iphone. Due to iphone brand value its acceories (dupliacte ones ) also fetch a premium....

Now thats amazing... inst it.!

Agreed with your facts dear gurus... :)

But I dont agree that iPhone is not a great phone (perhaps your phone was a defective piece Anupe). Ask Hetal. I have used my cousin's phone for 2 days, and it works just fine as phone. SMS forwarding can easily be added via software. Even I was a huge critic of the iphone few month's back (read my earlier reviews) and this SMS forwarding was a point I myself raised sometime back. But now I am a convert. After having seen the performance first hand. As someone said "better change your thinking with changing times or be left behind"

But I absolutely agree with kalpak that it is basically a phone for music/video lovers who want an extension of their entertainment into their phone, and not for business users. There are much better alternatives for business users, like our HTC's and Treo's.

And I hugely support the cause of Freedom - Whether of speech, civil liberties or from monopolistic practices. But all these things should be taken with a pinch of salt and adaptation to the changing scenario (otherwise my logic defies how Mayawati can rule over our state :P )

Yo, petar, finally we agree on something...

Edited by dkaile

And I hugely support the cause of Freedom - Whether of speech, civil liberties or from monopolistic practices. But all these things should be taken with a pinch of salt and adaptation to the changing scenario (otherwise my logic defies how Mayawati can rule over our state :P )

because you voted. :rofl_200::confuse:

Yes I did

# 6: 1:02 am PDT, Jul 12, Dhiraj Kaile, India

Shame on Reliance

Edited by dkaile

Yes I did

# 6: 1:02 am PDT, Jul 12, Dhiraj Kaile, India

Shame on Reliance

I know, :signthankspin:

I was talking about your CM, you voted her, may be :P

Edited by kshah

Yes, I always vote in the General Elections...Always

But to whom....I cant tell you....Anyways I always change my preference according to the Candidate standing and the Work he and his party has done for us.

And obviously it was not our dear susri in question....

Yaar Kumaar, You are totally out of touch of our North Indian Slangs.... :lol:

Havent you noticed she always writes susri in front of her name.... :rofl_200:

Edited by dkaile