Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

Chrome - Browser By Google.

Mouse Scroll push button not working in Chrome

I am very much happy with my firefox.

I have used IE,Opera,Flock,Chrome, FF but FF is the BEST OF ALL.

Chrome Market Share Dips

Losing ground to IE and Firefox

After the hype comes the fact. Chrome seems to be steadily "losing" its user base. Users who had shifted from Firefox and IE (Internet Explorer) seem to be reverting to their browsers of choice after "checking out" Chrome.

Internet measurement company Net Applications revealed that last week, in its third week of existence, Chrome accounted for 0.77% of the browsers that people used to visit websites tracked by the company. This is down from the 0.85% share that it held a week prior to this announcement. At the time of launch, Chrome had managed to garner more than 1% of the market share.

The only time the Chrome usage surpasses the 1% mark is post-midnight, US time when most users use browsers other than IE for casual browsing. Even Firefox is not new to this trend of the market share rising during post-working hours. The main reason for this is the standardization of Internet Explorer in many organizations. Employees in some organizations are tied to IE only and are not allowed to use other browsers. Another factor is Google's "online" installation procedure. This has certainly not helped Chrome's cause considering many Google domains are blocked in corporate networks. For Firefox users, it has to be the lack of add-ons for Chrome that has forced them to switch back.

Both IE and Firefox have seen their shares marginally increase over the past week. Opera and Netscape have seen a slight drop in their usage while Safari is the only browser that has escaped Chrome's impact -- partly owing to the non-availability of Chrome for Macs.

Another factor causing Chrome's steady slide could be Google's not-so-loud promotion for the browser. Apart from a few sponsored search-listing results, Chrome has not made a major marketing splash. Google expects the usage to rise once the add-ons start trickling in.

Courtesy : Techtree

After extensive testing of all browsers, I have now permanently (I think) shifted to FIREFOX 3, which I must declare the WINNER, in this Browser Race. It just has too many addons to add funtionality of every thinkable problem...

Now I am a convert from IE7 (with IE Pro)... to FF 3

No doubt chrome has faster speed, but it still lacks in many many other issues.... hence I was forced to test FF...

Crome is faster till you use their proxies. Else FF i much better.

i have been a big fan of firefox since they started ........i have tried n tested a lot of browsers ...IE7,OPERA.FF3.CHROME,SAFARI......Though chrome is fast enough in start up and in rendering graphic heavy pages fast enough ....BUT one thing i miss is the add ons u get in the firefox ...not to mention the customisation themes etc... N BCOZ CHROME IS STILL IN BETA IT IS A HELL LOT BUGGY ... had frequent crashes when i was using it

Edited by mufaddal_km

Even I am a fan of FF3. Chrome being watched by google is something I am not comfortable with. And my present installation of FF3 is very customized to my needs, so no changing.

People I just cant edit files at cpanel while browsing at chrome, I think there is some problem.

And it feels like google people have ripped firefox to get chrome.

I am working on my site www.gamersden.in

and there is a page ( to be specific) www.gamersden.in/game_reviews/mario_kart_wii

try openning this page in different browsers

1) IE 7 - every developer hates it, you'll get the weirdest look

2) Opera - nice formatting .( notice the line break between images and first para)

3) Chrome and Firefox - notice that the line break between images and first para is not parsed.

People I just cant edit files at cpanel while browsing at chrome, I think there is some problem.

Mind telling how to replicate that cPanel problem at my side so that I can check? Please mention which cPanel skin you are using also.

Firefox is the best...Nothing comes near it.....

I agree. FF rocks !!!!

Would switch to Chrome when they develop something like ad-block plus for it !!

Are You Still Using Chrome?

94209_matter.jpg

Or has the sheen worn off?

It has been almost a month and a half since Chrome was launched. While the launch came as a surprise to many of us, the ensuing hype definitely wasn't. After all, it was Google's browser. It had to be revolutionary! And revolutionary it was -- going on to capture over 1% market share in just over 10 hours, was no mean feat.

A month and a new version of Opera (and Firefox 3.1 Beta) later, it's time for a little reality check. Google claims that Chrome is better than "normal" browsers in loading pages faster and it's supposedly more secure. However, with Opera 9.6 and Firefox 3.1 making their debut a few days ago, Chrome has seen its rivals rise up to the occasion and challenge it -- and some have even managed to better it: The new Firefox Beta is blazing fast, Opera is feature-packed for advanced users and even Internet Explorer seems to have been unaffected by Chrome's meteoric rise and its subsequent fall.

94209_chromegraph.JPG

According to the latest data from web analytics company GetClicky, after hitting a peak high of 3.1% market share on Sep 3rd, it has been a steady downslide for the Chrome. Latest data shows that Chrome now has 1.55% of the browser pie. This, although great for a two-month-old browser, is almost a 50% drop over the past month. Another interesting fact is that Internet Explorer's market share has remained unaffected during this period. At the same time, Firefox has seen minimal fluctuations in its share with Chrome not really denting Firefox users' preferences.

Some of the reasons for the dwindling number of Chrome users could be the wearing off of the "novelty" factor, lack of add-ons (for now) and lack of awareness. Most people still do not know Google has a browser of their own. While the Google home-page did feature the Chrome for a few days, it has been taken off now for reasons best known to them. The only plausible reason is that Chrome is still in Beta. Yes, it is a tad unfair comparing a beta version to much more established and formidable competitors. But then, it's from Google and any browser that has managed to capture more market share than Opera, who has been in the business for ages deserves to be taken note of.

So what has your experience with Chrome been so far. Has it replaced your erstwhile browser? Or, are you back to your good ol' browser after "checking out" Chrome? Will future add-ons bring you back? Hardcore Opera lovers will of course shy away from a "bare-bones" browser like Chrome -- quite understandable. For FireFox users: Is it just the add-ons? We would also like to know if you have made the switch to Chrome and have dumped your old browser in favor of it.

hmmmmm very right havent been hearing about chrome all these days.......but lets not forget chrome is in beta and who nows what the final version may hold

My dear friends, I think final version of Chrome will be the best. Although this beta version too is great but missing addons are irritating and some other crash problems are their. Hope for the best in the final version.

Regards.

Dear friends, Google is famous for keeping stuff in beta mode for a long time. Take GMail and GTalk for example. I think it will take a long time before it gets final.

Anyhow FF 3.1 is trying to beat Chrome at the only one thing that it is supposed to be good at "SPEED". May be this will nip it in the bud, who knows.

chrome has a minimalist interface but when u view other browsers in full screen it is the same.....chrome also does not support some of the websites and it is very slow sometimes... i think chrome needs a bit of tweaking to be done before functioning perfectly....

Google To Partner With OEMs To Promote Chrome

Though Google joined the ranks of browser makers with Chrome a while ago, it has been quiet about its plans for its newest product. However, that is now all set to change, with news emerging that Google is planning on signing up with OEMs to pre-install the browser. This piece of news was first revealed by Times online, which conducted an interview with Sundar Pichai, Google Vice President, Product Management. Pichai, in the interview, says that the browser would emerge out of beta status by January and goes on to add that apart from Windows, the search giant would also be targeting Linux/Macintosh machines in a bid to reach the widest possible market.

While this move is clearly targeted at Microsoft and its market dominating IE browser, it also echoes the move that had been adapted by Firefox, a few years ago when the browser was being bundled with all and sundry in a bid to increase its popularity. Even though this move may see Google make some quick inroads into the browser market, one can’t expect Microsoft to stay quiet for too long. The company which faces an eroding user-base will definitely reply in kind. Let’s not forget that the company is already hard at work at Windows 7, an upgrade to its Vista OS, which will house IE8 as its default browser. The soft-target for the release of Windows 7 is January 2010.

Courtesy : Tech2

Google Chrome To Get Add-ons

Anyone who has been following the progress of Google’s Chrome browser, would have known that it was just a matter of time before Google introduced or announced plans to support 3rd–party plug-ins for its latest product.

img_101951_google-chrome.jpg

Well, this announcement has finally come in a somewhat quiet manner. A developer by the name of Aaron Boodman working on the Chrome project over at Google, indicated on his blog that he along with a full team had been looking into how "extensions" could be integrated into Chrome. They have published a design paper, which is fairly extensive on the kind of packaging, software support and feature support that they were looking forward to in terms of 3rd-party extension. This new move, happens to fall under the ‘Chromium project’, which is aimed at developing the Chrome browser under the open source license in a manner similar to the Firefox project.

Google seeks to develop extensions like Adblock, Flashblock and Stumbleupon that are familiar to long-term Firefox users, for the new browser.

We hope that with this announcement for Chrome is able to finally gather some steam. Only recently Google had indicated that it would be looking to partner with OEMs to promote Google on new desktops.

Courtesy : Tech2

<< Topic Title Updated >>

Google Chrome: Beta No More

Full version available for download and installation on Windows. Support for Mac OSX and Linux under way

Google has finally released the full version of Google Chrome browser and yanked the 'beta' label off it. Google Chrome 1.0 is available for download and installation on Windows.

Meanwhile, Google is reportedly working for Chrome support on Mac OSX and Linux platform.

It may be termed as an achievement for Google engineers who managed to release the first finished version in a span of 100 days even as its major product, Gmail, is still in the beta stage.

Google has rolled out 14 updates since its launch. Post-launch we shared Chrome's first impressions.

In terms of browser market share, Chrome's market still remains under 1 percent as per Net Application s reports. Now that it is out of beta phase, PC makers might be swarming Google for deals to sell their system with Chrome pre-installed.

96448_full-400.JPG

Dell is reportedly in talks with Google for pre-installed components. According to Google UK's managing director Dennis Woodside, Chrome would definitely come pre-installed with a leading maker in early 2009, reports Financial Times.

This finished version focuses on stability, plug-in performance and addresses the audio-video glitches. Speed has also been their main focus and Google boasts improved V8 JavaScript Engine, bookmark manager, and privacy controls.

Chrome engineers are next working on adding features like form-auto fill and RSS support to Chrome. Like Firefox s addictive and productive extensions, Chrome is also going under development on the same path, along with support for Mac and Linux. Chrome's new extension system is expected to allow independent developers for bringing richer functions to the browser.

However, Google has a lot to catch up in terms of developers and enthusiasts community as compared to Mozilla. All we can dream of is to de-mystify the impression of Internet which, unfortunately, haunts many people as the Blue 'E' with Saturn-like rings.

Google Chrome -- Out of Beta But Still Buggy

Google Chrome is out of beta stage but still has critical vulnerabilities related to password management in the browser

Though Google Chrome might be out of its beta stage, it still has a long and difficult journey ahead. As Guardian's Technology Blog reported, critical vulnerabilities were found in Google Chrome by Chapin Information Systems (CIS). Five popular browsers were tested. Chrome did not perform well in the tests.

As per CIS, Google Chrome has critical flaws related to its password management function. CIS had tested Opera 9.62, Firefox 3.0.4, Internet Explorer 7.0, Safari 3.2, and Chrome 1.0. Opera 9.62 and Firefox 3.0.4 faired well in the test by passing seven of the 21 tests, while Chrome 1.0 and Safari 3.2 managed to pass only two.

Chrome's password manager had revealed critical flaws in the tests. Hackers can easily obtain user passwords since the browser neither checks password request location nor password sent location. Also, form elements coded to be invisible can trigger password management. Users will have to rely on some other software, web service, or their memory to remember their passwords.

CIS says, "These three problems, combined with seventeen others so far identified in Chrome's password manager, form a toxic soup of potential vulnerabilities that can coalesce into broad insecurity."

Chrome has a lot to catch up on when it comes to community-based development; after all, browsers become better and faster after developers learn from the mistakes of others.