Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dintis

Chinese Mobiles ! ( No Debate) Just A Discussion.

Ok, dear Sadik if you say then, we can keep this thread really open for almost a healthy debate / discussion. No hard feelings at all.

Thanks for ur understanding KAMAL.

Dear Sadik their's no need to say thanks at all. As I told earlier also that we are friends first.

Members are once again welcome now to put their views in this thread.

Regards.

well i said to keep it open to discuss chinese handsets pros and cons, no debate what so ever.

ill change the topic.

Ever wondered why only the word - 'Chinese' throws up mixed reactions..

Mixed, because since years they were regarded as copycats/inferior quality manufacturers etc.

But recently, after various collaborations with MNC's such as Sony, IBM etc. quality control has stepped in.

But after years of wait & watch, it seems My Dear Friends, its limited to those Brands alone..

Of course Indian Importers are to be blamed... but kya karega ? jo dikhta hai, wo bikta hai.

Therefore, there is a school of thought encouraging boycott of such products especially due to health issues. (The most important thing which should matter)

Right from High Lead content in US toys to Chinese milk products with high levels of Melamine.

Not that our Doodhwala's don't mix Urea in Milk or Spurious liquor is not sold in the Country.

There seems to be no proper 'control' measures adopted by iether Govt's. (All types of Control)

But this doesn't seem to happen with other Countries.

Apart from the Western World, we are relieved to see gadgets made in Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia & even Vietnam. Is it just our mindset or really these Countries are good at it ?

So when will this 'Chinese' mindset go..

@ Sadikk.. How's this for bringing the topic back on track.. :cheer: or did you mean this Chinese model.. Hehe.

Sierra was the first card launched by reliance i agree.

But after sierra only these so called Reputed Chinese come in and flood copy of Data cards.

Very rightly said Sadik Bro....

One more thing to add:- Sierra Data Card is really a Worth Data Card, It is not like these ZTE and Huawei Data Cards which becomes non responsive in between.

Verizon and Sprint are still providing Sierra Cards...Which are the best Data Cards in World...

Sierra Data Card is really a Worth Data Card, It is not like these ZTE and Huawei Data Cards which becomes non responsive in between

I know amit Sierra is world leader in data cards.

Dear All,

It is after three months I checked in to this forum to update my experience of using a Chinese make dual sim phone. I started this thread in September and was really surprised to see the number response and the way the debate took a turn.

I would like to update about my experience here for last three months:

Though the phone indicates it is a 3 MP camera phone, it is just a 1.3 MP one.

The touch panel and dual camera, FM, Bluetooth all works fine till date without any issue.

The phone does not have an inbuilt modem and so can't use for Rworld, but have GPRS and can be used in GSM network for data transfer and browsing.

A PC Synch software I got helps me to browse the phone with USB cable, but the key feature of address book back up is not available, but all images, Music and videos can be accessed, uploaded or down loaded without any problem.

Both GSM and CDMA can be used at same time with dual standby.

All incoming and outgoing calls are indicated with (CDMA) in bracket for call to and from CDMA network.

All SMS and MMS with Group and Multi send features working fine.

Twice it fell down from a height of 5 ft and nothing had been broken and still the phone is working as usual.

I was using it on many states in India while on roaming and never faced a problem except at Delhi. (at Delhi whenever I switched on the phone, it always detects TATA Indicom as service provider and I could never use it at Delhi). All other places it worked fine without any settings or changes. Neither reliance nor customer care at both TATA and RIM knows why?

It has 1000 x 4 on memory on phone book + 250 in RIM SIM + 250 on Airtel SIM. Any phone book entry can be copied between all the three.

My hand set have a proper IMEI number and the same is validated by Airtel as genuine hand set. At current market price of about 4800/- it is a deal for a person who travel a lot.

The minus side of it is that in the absence of phone book sync with PC, will set you back if phone become unusable or misplaced as you will not have a copy of it.

No service support (or it will cost almost same as a new set to get it repaired)

No operating manual, software or instructions.

But at the end of the day anyone buys a Chinese set expect only this much and not more.

Please continue the discussion on a positive manner as it brings out many grey areas of the whole system and market.

Best Regards

@Dintis

Wow, thats a great experience you had with your Chinese hadnset my dear friend. I too wanted to state in all my posts that Chinese handsets are not that bad. Infact China brought the revolution in not only mobile market but also in electronics and computer hardwares. The PC which we use daily is equipped with many hardwares which are made in China.

Now a days many Chinese handsets comes with proper IMEI. And thats necessary too. Otherwise that could be a risk to our National Security.

No service support (or it will cost almost same as a new set to get it repaired)

My dear friend, things has changed now. Please search the market you will find the replaceable accessories for Chinese Handsets in throwaway prices. All accesssories including LCD, BOARD, KEYPAD, CAMERA, SPEAKER, etc. are available at very cheap price. So repair of these handsets is not a problem as of now.

No operating manual, software or instructions.

Well, my dear friend, I don't think their's even a need of Operating Manual for these handsets. As most of the features are very simple. These handsets are really user friendly.

Anyways, its good to see your positive experience with Chinese Handsets.

Regards.

Chinese Brand ZTE Targets Indian Expansion

96079_matter.jpg

Planning major thrust into Indian cellular market

If you thought Chinese mobile phones meant cheap, substandard handsets with little or no R&D going into producing them, think again. The Chinese mobile phone major ZTE has India in its sights and is planning a major thrust into the ever-growing Indian cellular market very soon.

Dr. D. K. Ghosh, chairman and managing director of ZTE Telecom India Pvt. Ltd., is spearheading the Indian operations. ZTE is also reportedly looking to further strengthen its existing R&D center at Bangalore. ZTE has a 1600-member strong R&D center and is on the lookout for more people. According to Dr. Ghosh, it is the strength of the research and development activity that has enabled ZTE to bring out cheap products into the global market without compromising on the quality.

With as much as 10% of ZTE's global revenues coming from India, this is one market the company cannot afford to ignore. The core Chinese market accounts for 30% of ZTE's global revenue.

The company has over 16 R&D centers spread across the world -- 7 inside China and the rest spread across US, Sweden, France, India, and Pakistan. It also holds as many as 12,000 core patents. ZTE is also working with BSNL in the broadband segment, with special focus on the rural population.

Courtesy : Techtree

^^^ I think ZTE is a korean company and not a chinese one... There is a huge difference between Korean companies and chinese..!! :)

Edited by Greatest

ZTE is a chinese brand.........

Chinese Brand ZTE Targets Indian Expansion

96079_matter.jpg

Planning major thrust into Indian cellular market

If you thought Chinese mobile phones meant cheap, substandard handsets with little or no R&D going into producing them, think again. The Chinese mobile phone major ZTE has India in its sights and is planning a major thrust into the ever-growing Indian cellular market very soon.

Dr. D. K. Ghosh, chairman and managing director of ZTE Telecom India Pvt. Ltd., is spearheading the Indian operations. ZTE is also reportedly looking to further strengthen its existing R&D center at Bangalore. ZTE has a 1600-member strong R&D center and is on the lookout for more people. According to Dr. Ghosh, it is the strength of the research and development activity that has enabled ZTE to bring out cheap products into the global market without compromising on the quality.

With as much as 10% of ZTE's global revenues coming from India, this is one market the company cannot afford to ignore. The core Chinese market accounts for 30% of ZTE's global revenue.

The company has over 16 R&D centers spread across the world -- 7 inside China and the rest spread across US, Sweden, France, India, and Pakistan. It also holds as many as 12,000 core patents. ZTE is also working with BSNL in the broadband segment, with special focus on the rural population.

Courtesy : Techtree

All terrorists are Pakistanis OR all Chinese sets are unreliable..

The above thoughts need to go.. junk the cliche.

Guys please help me...

I am going to mumbai on 17 Dec 2008 and want to purchase a good GSM+CDMA dual mode phone

I dont care if its chinese as from what I have heard is these phones are VFM..

So can anyone recommend and chines phone name, model no and shop/place where I can get it in Mumbai....

Any help will be highly appreciated..

Not all Chinese brands are CHINESE. There are good brands who spend money on R&D. Big brands too copy each other and make clones. They do take care in differentiating their products a bit. Since I have witnessed many MNC and Indian big brands, I know how product development takes place especially when some one has come up with innovation.

Thats why all are talking about iphone killer, whats IPHONE KILLER? Its phone from reputed manufacturers who has made some changes and is comparable with IPHONE.

I have seen and dealt and dealing with chinese manufacturers, Indian Importers are problem, Chinese do make good stuff.

Spurious quality chinese products are problem. If we talk about CLASSIC its problem of reliance that they want to sell handset for Rs 777 not ZTE or who ever may be the manufacturer. There are FCC approved handsets from CHina.

Anyway, lets keep discussing.

Big brands too copy each other and make clones.

^^^

Very Very correct my dear Kalpak.

Once u suffer u stop trusting all.

"Dudh da Jaleya Lassi bhe Phook peenda hey"

^^^

Bilkul Thik Farmaya Saurav Ji Maharaj !

Tussi Great Ho !!

Guys please help me...

I am going to mumbai on 17 Dec 2008 and want to purchase a good GSM+CDMA dual mode phone

I dont care if its chinese as from what I have heard is these phones are VFM..

So can anyone recommend and chines phone name, model no and shop/place where I can get it in Mumbai....

Any help will be highly appreciated..

Pl Shed some light on this....

^^^

@Izzner

My dear friend, whenever you visit Mumbai. Just visit MANISH MARKET. Their you get a vast variety of Chinese Handsets. Manish Market is at walking distance from V.T. Station.

Manish market is a wholesale market of mobile handsets / accessories. Try Sahara Shopping Centre also just adjacent to Manish Market. Also try to Bargain.

Remember to check for IMEI number of the handset before purchasing the same.

Regards.

if u r goin to manish market for the first time to buy china handsets be careful.......there r a lot of crooks there .....deal with them cautiously

Saurav,

I too am in chandigarh , n i ve just closed the treo 755P with sadikk, hopefully will be delivered in 2-3 days. just wait till then, you can meet me, see the handset and then decide....

that way dudh da jalyaa can foonk maro it first :Contento:

Huawei: Chinese solutions are cost-effective not cheap

Imageggl7e80ab55-8111-4d95-b24b-294e23a4dc00.jpg

Telecom equipment sector was dominated by American and European players till the late 90’s. But the new century saw this scenario change dramatically with entry of Chinese players in the market and to its credit, one such China headquartered international company, Huawei Technologies takes pride in changing the market dynamics and forcing rivals to rework on their marketing mix.

In an interaction with Telecom Tiger at the India Telecom 2008, where Huawei was participating, Mr. Lin Yan Qing, Director- Marketing Huawei Technologies said "Chinese solutions are cost effective not merely cheap. We offer customized solutions to operators even in India and that is a testimony to the company's product mix capability as well as R&D competency."

We have registered revenues of $23 billion at a growth rate of nearly 50 percent across the globe this year. For India the revenue is about $ 1.8 billion with a threefold increase within a single year,” added Lin Yan Qing.

The company is upbeat on the potential of India market and mulls expansion plans in the country which is its largest focus market outside China.

The company is focusing on offering pure IP solutions keeping the future migration as well as next generation service offerings of the operators in mind. According to Lin Yan Qing, IP creates flat network architecture. The IP environment perfectly suits operators offering mobile, fixed line, multimedia as well as enterprise services”

Huawei is also confident of replicating its success on the 3G services front as well. Lin Yan Qing confirmed that Huawei is well positioned and geared up to tap the market. The company is expecting orders from new operators as well.

Courtesy : Telecomtiger

i am using dual sim chinese mobile since past 6 months and am satisfied with it even though i have dropped it many times no probs till now. bought for 6k and has better features than mobiles worth 15 k

i am using dual sim chinese mobile since past 6 months and am satisfied with it even though i have dropped it many times no probs till now. bought for 6k and has better features than mobiles worth 15 k

^^^

Thats good to hear my dear hritik.

How reliable and user friendly are the huawei brand of handsets???????

huawei brand is reliable compare to other chines brand, but quality = your luck

Also thanks for bumping in to this topic.

Edited by hitesh123